Nute Burn with Organics?

ItsNatural

Im not sure what is going on. It just started.

Strain..2 Lemon skunk and 2 Money Makers
3 weeks in VEG
FFOF soil
3 Gal Fab pots
Earth juice line
PH ??? havent checked it. Was told organics it wasnt a big problem
Mars Hydro 192 Reflector LED.
3x3x6 tent
Temps unstable last few days. Low of 60 high of 93. Its stable now.
Iv been feeding about once a week. After the top 3 inches of soil is dry.
Last feed went as follows

2tsp GROW
1tsp CATALYST
1tsp HI-BRIX
1/2tsp MICROBLAST
1/2tsp CAL MAG
1/2tsp BIG BLOOMIN GUANO
all per Gallon / 4 Gallons total

I also should I that I let them sit in the run off for the first time ever to see if they would wick it up. And it did for 2 of them and 2 still had some left in it after 6 hours. So I drain it after light came back on.
Here are some pics
20160229_124854.jpg
20160229_124821.jpg
20160229_124815.jpg
20160229_124808.jpg
20160229_124753.jpg
20160229_124721.jpg

20160229_124926.jpg

Please help if you can. Im hoping they are going to be ok.

Thanks for responding Freezy. I really do appreciate it. Some things I should mention I guess. I put 3 weeks Veg but it is 5 weeks from seed. Im not sure How people refer to these times. Some say 2 weeds seedling stage then veg, some say its all veg. So Idk, But thats how old they are. 5 weeks. It seems the FFOF would have done this sooner if it was going to do it. But this is my first go at it so IDK. I am going to take some more pictures here in a second. Aside from the damage you see. Other leaves seem to be too dark green and unhealthy looking. (to me anyway, but what do I know)
As far as the temps. I am trying my best to keep temps in the 70s low 80s. But the temp fluctuation outside is making it hard to keep temps inside. I only have a small floor heater keeping everything warm. It works ok but when temps rise outside, they cause it to get too hot inside.
I really hope your right and I need to just keep moving along and just give it plain water next time.

here are some more pictures. I tried to upload them yesterday. But for some reason it wouldnt let me.

20160301_101936.jpg
20160301_101953.jpg
20160301_102003.jpg
20160301_102041.jpg
20160301_102105.jpg
20160301_102204.jpg
20160301_102204_2_.jpg
20160301_102213.jpg
20160301_102254.jpg
20160301_102316.jpg
20160301_102324.jpg
20160301_102331.jpg

20160301_102348.jpg
20160301_102406.jpg

Things are still getting worse. but slowly. Which is what Im afraid of. Im afraid it will be a week or more of this and might kill the plants.
I watered them today with straight tap. Gave about a gal and 1/2. Not enough to flush it but more than I normally would. Im hoping it will help.

Alright so if I'm correct you have fed these before right? When you're growing organically, your feeding the soil and the microbiology in your soil feeds your plants. Different organic compounds break down at different rates. This being said you have enough food in your soil already. Even a little more than you need obviously. I wouldn't stress these plants look good just don't feed them anything for a while and they will be okay.

Now, a side note. Be careful using tap water. Check with your town to see what's in the tap water because you more than likely have things like chlorine, chloramine, and fluoride. If you have any of these they will kill the microbiology in your soil. Your best bet is to use RO water, or at the very least get a good water filter that will take these things out.

Alright so if I'm correct you have fed these before right? When you're growing organically, your feeding the soil and the microbiology in your soil feeds your plants. Different organic compounds break down at different rates. This being said you have enough food in your soil already. Even a little more than you need obviously. I wouldn't stress these plants look good just don't feed them anything for a while and they will be okay.

Now, a side note. Be careful using tap water. Check with your town to see what's in the tap water because you more than likely have things like chlorine, chloramine, and fluoride. If you have any of these they will kill the microbiology in your soil. Your best bet is to use RO water, or at the very least get a good water filter that will take these things out.

I have fed them 4 times I believe. I wasnt giving them water in between. Just feed, feed, feed, feed, I had planned on doing a feed, water, feed plan but the bottle said use grow with every watering. I prolly shouldnt have listened.
I dont know if you checked my journal out, but The last feeding I gave. I let them sit in the run off and wick it back up. I dont know if that has anything to do with anything. But worth mentioning I guess.

As for the water. I was and have been hesitant giving tap. But I had been, before I started feeding, Giving tap that I had let sit out for 24 hours in a bucket with an air stone. I dont know how much that helps with it, but I figured it couldnt hurt. Should I give them straight water again next time or give them a small dose of nutes to keep the micro life forms thriving. I am about to go to flower in about 3 days.
Thank you for taking the time to impart some of your wisdom. I really appreciate it.

Heres the thing with the tap water and the organics. You are right to leave it out for 24 hours or so because the chlorine will evaporate but chloramine will not and neither will fluoride. I would invest in an RO filter or buy a few jugs of RO from your local grocery store (its usually under a dollar a gallon) and use that. You then just need to make sure you have enough CaMg to account for the RO. As for your plants, I really think they will be fine just monitor them and don't feed them next time or two that you water them. I can't speak for your food because I have never used that line, but I use General Organics and I'm willing to make a bet that they are pretty similar. I feed every watering too when my plants get about 3 - 4 weeks into veg but I start at 1/4 strength and work my way up ( I start at 1/2 strength for the CaMg to account for my RO water) Hope this helps. I checked out your journal nice setup Im going to follow it. If you have any more questions I can answer them in your journal.

peace

Back
Top Bottom