First Outdoor Grow Juicy Fruit & GreenCrack

Dsrkmattertec54

Hey tried postint this in a diff area on this site but to no avail

Ive got 2 ladies outdoors currently, 1 green crack and 1 juicy fruit both approx. 5months old Both are in FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil and feeding with 1-2tsp FoxFarm Grow Big once every other watering Running into some issues..

Juicy Fruit
20200810_175659.jpg

Green Crack
20200810_175645.jpg

Heres some close up shots of the leaves
20200810_175735.jpg
20200810_175713.jpg

Both are about 2.5 weeks into flower, anyone have any idea how i can remedy this before it gets worse?

Need any mote details just ask, any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20200810_175737.jpg
    20200810_175737.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200810_175730.jpg
    20200810_175730.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 20200810_175719.jpg
    20200810_175719.jpg
    807.2 KB · Views: 43
It is quite common for the older fan leafs to turn yellow & drop off this may progress more through flowering.

The more sativa looking strain looks fine, I think that is the juicy fruit.

But the other one with larger or fatter leaf fingers seems to be experiencing a def I suspect it might be Mg - magnesium even tho some def look similar to others in the early stages. (fabric pot plant)

It is quite common for the older fan leafs to turn yellow & drop off this may progress more through flowering.

But the other one with larger or fatter leaf fingers seems to be experiencing a def I suspect it might be Mg - magnesium even tho some def look similar to others in the early stages. (fabric pot plant)
Good plants bro
Don't freak out too much, sounds like your all over it
Keep us posted

can you check ph of run-off water, i've experienced ph issue with ff soil. I'd ph test run-off and flush, if i was to guess i'd agree with Fuzzy Duck Mg def. I believe sometimes you'll get red leaf stems and starts on older bottom leaves, either way you should check ph of run-off and flush. I had some ff given too me and my ph in run-off was all over the place. I mixed the rest of my ff with pro-mix and worm castings and ph problem went away.
sorry not much help mate, good luck and plants look awesome.

Measuring run off is a really bad method & only really works with synthetic or salt based nutrients as in PPM or Parts Per Million that is measurement based on electric conductivity this does not apply to organic methods or nutrients.

Why run off is a bad idea !

Basically your plant or girls are only going to use what nutrients they want with the rest remaining in your growing medium this may build up in time aka excessive salts & with what ever feeding regime you use (slightly different with hydroponics) will effect run off... So basically you think you have measured correct nutrients PPM & PH balanced your mixture you place this all over your medium & then think by magic your run off will be spot on ?

Very wrong !

Basically your growing medium stores unwanted nutrients salts etc you think you are doing the right thing but the act of measuring run off after feeding is basically flushing the unwanted nutrients out of growing medium which is why your results are all over the place... pretty common sense I hope ?

:Rasta:

Thanks Fuzzy Duck,

I was assuming it was potentially just common shedding of older, uneeded fan leaves as well...
Since the nutes in the soil im guessing are all used up by now and the plants are relying on what I feed them. Ive been apprehensive about going over the feeding schedule suggested my FoxFarm but ill try a single feeding with 3tsp Grow Big. Ive always been meaning to get somewhere and buy some TigerBloom or another compable nutrient with higher P-K ratio.

Edit: any suggestions for Mg containing nutes other than cal-mag (not at local stores), or should i just order some online?

Will keep yall posted and thanks everyone for the advice, hope this first outdoor grow bears fruit

:Rasta:

Thanks Fuzzy Duck,

I was assuming it was potentially just common shedding of older, uneeded fan leaves as well...
Since the nutes in the soil im guessing are all used up by now and the plants are relying on what I feed them. Ive been apprehensive about going over the feeding schedule suggested my FoxFarm but ill try a single feeding with 3tsp Grow Big. Ive always been meaning to get somewhere and buy some TigerBloom or another compable nutrient with higher P-K ratio.

Edit: any suggestions for Mg containing nutes other than cal-mag (not at local stores), or should i just order some online?

Will keep yall posted and thanks everyone for the advice, hope this first outdoor grow bears fruit
If it's Magnesium you can supplement with 1 tbsp epsom salt / gallon of water... cheap and effective!

Hey tried postint this in a diff area on this site but to no avail

Ive got 2 ladies outdoors currently, 1 green crack and 1 juicy fruit both approx. 5months old Both are in FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil and feeding with 1-2tsp FoxFarm Grow Big once every other watering Running into some issues..

Juicy Fruit
20200810_175659.jpg

Green Crack
20200810_175645.jpg

Heres some close up shots of the leaves
20200810_175735.jpg
20200810_175713.jpg

Both are about 2.5 weeks into flower, anyone have any idea how i can remedy this before it gets worse?

Need any mote details just ask, any help appreciated
Juicy fruit was the first plant I grew as a kid in Tucson! Well the plant grew itself, I put it by a lemon tree that was on a drip system and forgot about it til my dad was like” are you growing weed in the back yard?” And sure nuff, there she was about 6 foot tall and two nice colas! Lol

P, K boost for flowering is a good idea as these can be one of the most common defs whilst flowering.

I find it difficult to get an organic P, k boost saying that after a little look around Plant Magic has a bottle organic P 4, K 8 boost lots of nutrient brands out their so worth a look around.

Juicy fruit was the first plant I grew as a kid in Tucson! Well the plant grew itself, I put it by a lemon tree that was on a drip system and forgot about it til my dad was like” are you growing weed in the back yard?” And sure nuff, there she was about 6 foot tall and two nice colas! Lol

Thats awesome haha

For some reason i thought Juicy was a newer strain. Ive harvested some i finished indoors a few weeks ago and its an absolutely delicious smoke. Lovely uplifting and creative buzz too..but i loooove the way it tastes!

@adudecalledjay ,

Thanks for the epsom salt tip, I,m going to add a little drink of it today and see how it helps.

@Fuzzy Duck ,

I'll scope out the closest hydroponics store n see what they have, thanks for the suggestions!

Ill keep yall posted thanks all!
:yummy::ganjamon:

Fruity Juice by sensi seed aka Juicey fruit (trademarked by a gum company so they reversed the name not to get sued), I grew it in the 90's mate, it's one awesome weed as a photo plants never grown auto version(it's by another seed company so may not be fruity juice)). You can get two phenos , short and bushy and tall and lanky. very good smoke.
I'm sticking to I've had ph problems with the ocean forest ff, it may not be your problem.To prove to myself I tested with straight water and it would change on me, don't get me wrong i like other aspects of ff ocean forest but i've been mix with others now until i run out. Either way you know what your doing and lots of smart people to help so you'll figure it out.

Dsrkmattertec54 do you grow alot of muschrooms mate? I bought a kit and did a few batchs (i know everyone hates the kits) So I if take the preperared mushroom spawn and mix it with rice(white or brown?) and other stuff and multiple it will I need to seal a room and Lysol the F out of it or can do it in any old room?

Nice! What flush you on? I wish weed grew as fast as boomers! Mono tubs the way to go. I mixed 3 spore syringes together and grew lil toadstools, the caps were smaller than the fat stems, looked like a bunch of jacked up bell heads. Lol

Hahaha

I just finished 4 flushes of Golden Teacher and some B+ .

GTs grown using rye berry for grain and an equine dung/coco substrate. Made 3lb bricks

B+ with PF cakes which didnt produce as well as I would have liked.

I agree, growing boomers is super fun, i def with cannabis grew to harvest as quickly!

Get rid of those lower yellowed leaves (they’ll never come back anyway) It looks like something is eating on that last one, and whatever it is will move on to the healthy leaves soon. Otherwise it all looks pretty good besides the minor and very common Mg deficiency.
Nice looking fungus too ;)

Get rid of those lower yellowed leaves (they’ll never come back anyway) It looks like something is eating on that last one, and whatever it is will move on to the healthy leaves soon. Otherwise it all looks pretty good besides the minor and very common Mg deficiency.
Nice looking fungus too ;)

Thanks bud, yeah ive been trimming away the yellow ones daily for about a week prior to posting this, which is why i decided to come here ask for help since i figured it maybe wasnt simply normal fan leaf shedding.

Ive had similar issues with indoor grows before, im starting to think i might change my soil brand, if anyone has any suggestions?

Stay medicated :yummy::bongrip:

Fruity Juice by sensi seed aka Juicey fruit (trademarked by a gum company so they reversed the name not to get sued), I grew it in the 90's mate, it's one awesome weed as a photo plants never grown auto version(it's by another seed company so may not be fruity juice)). You can get two phenos , short and bushy and tall and lanky. very good smoke.
I'm sticking to I've had ph problems with the ocean forest ff, it may not be your problem.To prove to myself I tested with straight water and it would change on me, don't get me wrong i like other aspects of ff ocean forest but i've been mix with others now until i run out. Either way you know what your doing and lots of smart people to help so you'll figure it out.

Dsrkmattertec54 do you grow alot of muschrooms mate? I bought a kit and did a few batchs (i know everyone hates the kits) So I if take the preperared mushroom spawn and mix it with rice(white or brown?) and other stuff and multiple it will I need to seal a room and Lysol the F out of it or can do it in any old room?
The best substrate I mixed. Bobs, organic brown rice flour and vermiculite with a lil bit of water. Throw in jars in pressure cooker for a couple hours. Let cool then inoculate. Yeah I never used a kit. Get syringes. Their pic 4 for like 50-65 bucks. Look up pf-tec and mono tubs. That what you need to know. Oh and stay sterile, use alcohol in a spray bottle and spray naked self and room before opening your containers. Aquarium water heater in two rubbermades one filled with water and the other inside that one makes a perfect incubator. NO SMOKING ANYTHING INSIDE! It’s a real fun rewarding hobby. I got em to go to my knees with 6in caps a few summers ago. The 3 and 4 flushes were always the best. I ate probably two pounds of fresh with my dude that summer. Lol. I hate chewing dried mushrooms. Yuck! Fresh one are almost good. Good luck. I had the best luck with a stain called b+.

Back
Top Bottom