My First Grow - Bubba Kush & Juicy Fruit

Re: My first grow - Bubba Kush and Juicy Fruit

420-magazine-mobile284109669.jpg

They're looking great and tasty....I'm getting closer to making the switch, I'm at day 32 of veg. I wish B3 would catch up cause I'd like to flower B2 & B3 and keep B1 as a mom.
How many times did you top yours?

They're looking great and tasty....I'm getting closer to making the switch, I'm at day 32 of veg. I wish B3 would catch up cause I'd like to flower B2 & B3 and keep B1 as a mom.
How many times did you top yours?
Topped once only and LSTd to hell and back lol.

Perfect timing. I flipped mine around the same time. Now in week 6. My last feedings are upon me, lol. Flush coming soon.

One thing I noticed was that you are mixing your nutes in water PHD to 6.5, isn't coco reqiurements lower than that? Like 5.5 or the like? Not sure, not a coco guy.....yet, lol. Also, I agree that your charcoal filter should be inside your tent. Exhaust through one too if you need to, but have it inside and it'll help with temperature and humidity.

So a couple things after reading everything. PH should be at 5.8-6.2 to prevent nutrient lockout.

Technically you can use your carbon filter on the outside however it will damage it quicker over time as it was never designed to have air pushed out of it, it was designed to have air pulled in.

Temperature issues can be from a number of factors. For 1, although you have fantastic lights from great companies, they are overkill for your size tents. Overkill in a bad way because they are putting out a ton of heat. If you manage to control heat you'll be fine. Each of those lights would be perfect in a 4x4x8 tent, so essentially double your size.

You can have more air moving by increasing inline fan size, so exhausting additional hot air, and pumping more cool air in. You can also open flaps on the tent during veg to help with passive air intake.

For my grow, with a 1200w I've noticed keeping my temperature between 72-75 F outside the tent will cause the inside tent to be around 75-87 F depending on the time of day. But I'm also in an 8x8x7 tent. If you have the option a mini split AC is a good option, however they run about $1200+ and if you're not handy with DIY it would require a professional HVaC to come out and do it.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and feel free to check out my journal. I'm a newbie, however I've spent close to 400+ hours researching as well. 2 heads are better than 1 they say, and I'd be happy to help you out.

So a couple things after reading everything. PH should be at 5.8-6.2 to prevent nutrient lockout.

Technically you can use your carbon filter on the outside however it will damage it quicker over time as it was never designed to have air pushed out of it, it was designed to have air pulled in.

Temperature issues can be from a number of factors. For 1, although you have fantastic lights from great companies, they are overkill for your size tents. Overkill in a bad way because they are putting out a ton of heat. If you manage to control heat you'll be fine. Each of those lights would be perfect in a 4x4x8 tent, so essentially double your size.

You can have more air moving by increasing inline fan size, so exhausting additional hot air, and pumping more cool air in. You can also open flaps on the tent during veg to help with passive air intake.

For my grow, with a 1200w I've noticed keeping my temperature between 72-75 F outside the tent will cause the inside tent to be around 75-87 F depending on the time of day. But I'm also in an 8x8x7 tent. If you have the option a mini split AC is a good option, however they run about $1200+ and if you're not handy with DIY it would require a professional HVaC to come out and do it.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and feel free to check out my journal. I'm a newbie, however I've spent close to 400+ hours researching as well. 2 heads are better than 1 they say, and I'd be happy to help you out.

Thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to change up the ph levels to see if it helps.

I have two filters one for intake (to scrub the air) and one for exhaust(to eliminate odors), I'm thinking about increasing both intake and exhaust from a 4" and 6" to a 6" and 8" because I want to tie both tents into the same ducting. The intake filter is out of the tent above it, sucking in. I'll have to try moving the exhaust into the tent to suck in and see if it changes anything. I routed my exhaust to the attic so it would flow out an attic vent and figured the filter would help keep things from entering the duct, but I'll just have to replace the filter with a screen to prevent an entry point for any unwanted guest.

I think a big problem is where I set it up it's hard for the AC to reach that part of the room and it's not pulling in enough of the 70-75 (F) air to keep it cool. I setup the bigger tent closer to the AC duct and the temp issues have gone away. My plan is to work on something to improve AC circulation by have to finish one renovation project first before my happy wife turns into an angry wife, lol.

As far as the lights, I tend to "over do it" when it comes to stuff light that. The 2x2.5' tent is definitely too small for the size lights I have and I'll probably end up getting a smaller light and making it my veg tent. I was looking for smaller but got the Kind LED for a great price. Then when thinking about the second tent setup I was impressed with the results I've seen with LEC but not liking the hotter temp.

Easiest way to fix it all...get a bigger tent if you have the room. Then you won't need new lights. You already have fantastic lights lol. use the 2x4 for seedlings/germination/mother plants.
Get a 4x4 for Veg/flower. Or go extreme and get 2 4x4s 1 for Veg and 1 for flower then you can have a constant grow going. Personally I prefer Apollo horticulture tents, I've owned gorilla, and for the price, was not impressed at all.

Easiest way to fix it all...get a bigger tent if you have the room. Then you won't need new lights. You already have fantastic lights lol. use the 2x4 for seedlings/germination/mother plants.
Get a 4x4 for Veg/flower. Or go extreme and get 2 4x4s 1 for Veg and 1 for flower then you can have a constant grow going. Personally I prefer Apollo horticulture tents, I've owned gorilla, and for the price, was not impressed at all.

I'm trying too, but limited on space.

The smaller tent is the lite line and there's a noticeable difference in quality between the standard line which is my 2'x4'. I do like the standard line but after comparison I can see why the lite line is more affordable.

Yeah. I agree. I have standard line tents right now, but honestly I get light leaks through the zippers, and they don't contain smells as well as my Apollo tents. And for the price you pay... I don't know I guess I'm just disappointed that paying so much and received an inferior product.

I totally get space limits. I'd love to get another tent up, but I just don't have the room

420-magazine-mobile962961969.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1183822605.jpg

It's been a while but I just switch these girls into flower.
The Juicy Fruit was getting taller than the Bubba Kush so I pulled the top down and now have 6 almost 8 lead sprouts.
420-magazine-mobile862392336.jpg

The bubbas are looking good, B1 I topped later than B2 and it definitely made B2 bushier than B1.
B1 -
420-magazine-mobile104711794.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1822097769.jpg
420-magazine-mobile789209440.jpg

B2 -
420-magazine-mobile2104922591.jpg
420-magazine-mobile288496526.jpg

Topped mark
420-magazine-mobile1969851146.jpg

Starting week three of flower and I've added a trellis to help control the grow a little better.

420-magazine-mobile754393691.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1931502971.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1666516208.jpg

Juicy Fruit .
420-magazine-mobile1878341856.jpg

Bubba Kush.
420-magazine-mobile1470101755.jpg
420-magazine-mobile61059893.jpg

Juicy Fruit.
420-magazine-mobile106675128.jpg

Remember coco keeps CalMag for itself....add a bit more to satisfy the plants and the medium. Maybe one extra dose worth. Also plants seem like they need it. Look great. Nice work.

I'll give it a try, I've been doing 5mL to every gallon along with the two part emerald harvest bloom formula. I'll try adding some more and see how the ladies react.

So I have one Bubba, Bubba 3 still on veg in another, smaller tent. I'm almost halfway done with flowering Bubba 1 & 2 and about a third of the way done with Juicy 3. I've been mainly updating about the flowering ladies, but I like how B3 is progressing.

B3 August 7
420-magazine-mobile1027701084.jpg

(Trouble loading pictures, this is a screenshot of the actual picture, sorry for the distorted quality)

B3 August 18
420-magazine-mobile527364418.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1869794189.jpg

Bubba 3, been in veg for over 70 days and still have about three weeks before room opens up in the flower tent...wonder how bushy she'll get?.
420-magazine-mobile828749325.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1026045374.jpg

Back
Top Bottom