Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, Hydro

SmokinHerbz

My story as a grower started 6 years ago growing large outdoor plants in New England:

odjuicy.jpg

sativa2.jpg

After Realizing I had a green thumb I I moved to California and began growing Medical Grade Marijuana under Legal state laws.

60329003.jpg

masterkush.jpg

ogkush4.jpg

DSC002442.jpg

My latest endeavor involves The Producer, a grow cabinet made by BC Northern Lights. It runs 2x400 HPS bulbs, CO2 Injection system, symbiotic fan systems, Drip system hydroponic. The chamber holds 18 flowering plants. My first run at it was not as successful as one would have hoped, I grew 12 BC Sweet Tooth seeds and 5 Juicy Fruit seeds, all from clone. In hindsight I would have done many things different, most importanly filling the machine nearly entirely with Juicy Fruit which was a far better smoke and high plus was denser and heavier generally than the Sweet Tooth. The clones are started with early looked sickly and did not get enough veg time as well. Here are a few pictures from that grow.
First the Grow Box
producerempty.jpg

groupsweets.jpg

Plants out for Res Change
plantsoutforreschange.jpg

Juicy Fruit

jfpower.jpg

That was my 1st run in the Producer, and currently just flipped the switch on my new batch which consists of 16 Juicy Fruit, and 2 Sweet Tooth, I have pictures over the last 2 weeks, and will be uploading and catching you up on my latest project. Any questions and comments are welcome. Another post coming later tonight with current pictures

Re: Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, H

Welcome and Beautiful...
I really like that cab. Just google'd it.
Seems a few peeps here are using similar cabs.
Looking forward to a nice grow from ya.

Peace :roorrip:

Re: Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, H

Hmmmm... That box looks familiar. ;-) Thanks for the pics of the previous batch! That's really cool. FloridaBud and I are using the Producer and the BloomBox for the first time.

Hey, just a question for ya. When you planted your sprouts did you have a problem with stretching? It just seems like they'll be so far from the light.

how did you manage to be a medical grower in california?

Ms. Fox, First let me start by saying I never grew from seed in this machine, I have only used clones....
With my first run with this machine I was urged to flip the switch to 12/12 when the clones were very short, 4-5 inches, in hindsight I would have rather them 2 times taller and developed upon flipping to 12/12. The 2 strains (juicy fruit and sweet tooth) grew very diffferently, and this time the machine is filled almost entirely with the stout growing and danker herb, Juicy Fruit. During the first 2-3 weeks they is quite a bit of stretching... So this time I flipped the switch when the Juicy Fruit were approximately 8 inches and far healthier than my first run with the producer. This first picture is a few days after I first moved them into the cabinet from the humidity dome, and put them under 18/6 light using the included CFL, and a 400 watt metal halide I mounted myself to give better veg growth.

P9010003.jpg

I took around 25 clones so I could choose the best and healthiest clones. The next picture is when the chamber is loaded with the best 18 plants (16 Juicy Fruit, and 2 Sweet Tooth) The Sweet tooth are the gangly tall plants in the back left and right of the machine. This Picture was snapped on Sept 3, and began gradually changing the timers until Sept 9, when the clocks were at 12/12

P9030005.jpg

The Final picture was taken yesterday, and the stretching should start to really begin to show over the next couple weeks.

P9100015.jpg

I have been running the CO2 for a couple days with the 2x400 HPS lights, and also been supplementing with an extra 400 watt metal halide when the temps are running nice. I have many more pictures and angles, and plan on putting together a time lapse as well.
I am using Advanced Nutrients, and plan on ordering some extra fertilizers tomorrow.

Hopegrower, under CA state law, a person can goto a doctor and get a medical note that allows you to possess, smoke, and even grow marijuana with restricted numbers. There are many medical marijuana dispenseries through out the state (hundreds in los angeles alone). I am allowed to grow for other licensed patients, and also provide to patients, and dispenseries alike.

Well, I just rotated all the clones in the box, to help supplement lighting because of shadows... I know that the Juicy Fruit grow very stout and thick, more like an Indica than the Sativa dominant strain its name carries. Unfortunately, that is going to screw up the time-lapse pictures I have been taking daily... This will be the last time any of these plants switch position, the roots on several plants are reaching far beyond the rockwool. Any more swapping would make the plants roots systems cut against the black PVC reservoir slots. I am also done with the extra 400 watts of metal halide I have been adding to the grow chamber... A few of the plants surrounding the corner where the metal halide was located, looked slightly withered and dried out, and my guess is perhaps too much heat close to the bulb, my thermometer is nearly 2 feet from where the bulb was located, so I am going to use the supplied 2x400 watt HPS solely. CO2 has been running 6 times daily for 3 minutes, which also turns the hydro drip systems on, and the symbiotic fan system off. Light cycles are from 8pm-8am; when temperatures are down. First res change was last night, which included Advanced Nutrients; Sensi A+B (90 ml each), Barricade (5 ml), Big Bud (15 grams), and Carboload (55 ml) which made the 10 gallon reservoir stabilize @ 1450 with an adjusted pH of 5.8. I will snap a couple of pictures tonight, and upload them shortly after.

I noticed you have some mirrored looking stuff on side walls, does that help much?

The mirrors were installed by the previous owner with a strong adhesive... The truth is the mirrors do nothing but absorb a small amount of light. I have thought of the idea of covering the mirrors with some mylar or panda paper, and will probably do that soon

Well I made a mistake and left the CFL on for 2 of the last 3 nights during their flowering cycle (I have been switching it on to help photo quality) but forgot to turn it off, which not only made me run fairly cold, it also wasn't giving them the 800 watt HPS the flowering cycle loves. You can probably ID the plants that were near the MH bulb I was supplementing; they look a little dried out and less healthy than the majority, however have showed a rebound over the last couple days with the res change, and ditching the metal halide.

The roots are starting to really extend and are looking healthy

Juicy Fruits are coming along nicely
full

Group Photos
full

full

Not quite sure my latest pictures didn't upload, but I am going to have to figure it out tomorrow... If you want to see my latest 4 shots they are in my 420 album. Is it because my picture file size is to large?

Back
Top Bottom