GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

re: GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

About $550 usd is what it cost me once a year... Retail about $2k.
^^^^American agriculture isnt gonna like this much^^^^^

re: GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

What size jugs you get then for a 275gal res? if you use 15gal of each in the 3 part then i'm guessing you'd get like 55gal jugs? If say you were using GH which i know you aren't. They make a 55gal jug.. not sure bout the company you are using.

I get it in 5 gallon buckets. Its a 3 part powder. At my full strength im only using about 1/2ml per gallon. I could get it in 55 gallon drums but that would be over kill I think.

Ah powdered fertilizer. My local grow shop sells that. not sure if its the same brand you are playing with.

how are you measuring 1/2ml of a powder? i've never seen measuring spoons that can measure 1/2ml.

my 1/4tsp measuring spoon only hold a max volume of 1.25ml.

So please tell me how you mix in your powder ferts into your res.. if you dont mind!

All grow shops usually do lol but yeah im sure they dont have what im using. Idk if its even aloud in Canada. I love 3 part powders. You can get my same 3 part in liquid. I mix 1oz (shot glass) at a time of esch part knowing that a shot of each will raise my tank about 150 parts in flower. So it averages out to around a 1/2ml per gallon. Havent done the math thats a guesstimation.

I used to LOVE koolbloom. Great additive. Havent been much of a tea guy lately, i use some organic teas sometimes to bring out more of sn earthy flavor. Most of my patients can't tell the difference (when it comes to taste, not potency. ) between my outdoor organic and my killer hydro indoor. Ive got 15 gallons of my three part, a gallon of each part of Z7, a gallon of Terpinator and a gallon of flora extract and thats it! My recipe... Shhhhhh! Hahah

How fast do you go through that 15g? Does it actually go bad (expire) as a mixture? I've had my 5 gallons of RO change Ph on me just by sitting around for greater than a few weeks.

He uses dry powdered fertilizer, so i'm not sure that they really go bad.

My GH 3 part, if its stored in the correct conditions CAN last a couple years, but i wouldn't use any nutrient after one year from opening.

plus i go through the 1gal jugs a little faster with 4 different sized reservoirs to fill up, a 27gal for flood table (will only probably run 20gals), a 10gal (only 7gal filled)for LED journal, a 5gal filled with 4gal for my DWC Widow plus a 5gal bucket with 4gal of nute mix for my veg area to hand water with. All in all thats what, 35gals? in my Late flower recipe when i'm using 8ml per gallon of bloom, maybe even more possibly 10ml, thats like 350ml of Bloom, which is almost half a liter if i was mixing 35 gals of late bloom recipe for example.

2/3 the way through flower, i drop the Grow part and increase the Bloom, but the Micro stays constant throughout the grow. using that much water in my reservoirs with My feeding schedule, should allow me to use up all the bottles within a grow or two at relatively the same time. Then i re-up my nutrient bottles and i'm at it again!

not to mention when my Monster RDWC is built, that system will hold about 30-35gal just by itself.

When the WW is done in the big tent, i am scrapping DWC buckets. They aren't cool at all. in fact they are a real PITA when having to change a bucket and shit.

So i will be running an RDWC system along side the Flood table. Those two reservoirs alone will be at least 50gal then add the 7gals in the sweet tooth reservoir and a 4gal res for hand watering plants in veg.

So, 61gal in total. I will be FLYING through the nutrients in no time! Gona have to step up and get the 10gal jugs of GH nutrients soon!

Good evening/morning :420: !!

GreenThumb is here with a small update on the Sweet Tooth.

Tonight i finally got it on the drip system. Now i can leave it be and not have to worry about watering it myself.

I have it set on a timer for 3 waterings i believe. This was just to play around with the timer. I will most likely bring that down to 1 or 2 i think.

I also changed out my standard silver dryer exhaust ducting to white vinyl ducting because the silver shit kept ripping as soon as it bent outside of the tent. The vinyl ducting is much stronger and durable.

It also looks suspicious having silver dryer ducts coming out of my window. With the vinyl stuff, i can reduce it all down to 1 exhaust, and then hook it up to a window insert from a dual-duct AC, thus looking completely legit from the outside.

So heres a few pictures for everyone to see how things are shaping up here!

New vinyl ducting:
GEDC02971.JPG

The new Recirculating Top feed:
GEDC0295.JPG

GEDC0296.JPG

And some random pics from the last few days:
GEDC02774.JPG
GEDC02784.JPG
GEDC02793.JPG
GEDC02803.JPG

My current clones i have. WW on the left. Sweet Tooth on the right.
GEDC02833.JPG

GEDC02826.JPG
GEDC02813.JPG

Thats all for now folks.. Since i have the plant on a drip system, i probably wont update this journal all too much, but i will still be here to talk to you all!

Stay Green!

So you are reservoir top feed drain to reservoir with a timer on the pumps.
One reservoir per plant? One pump per plant?
And the drain table will have now many water outlets from the one pumps?

I'm thinking of a 5 foot under the bed storage box as drain table with a reservoir and gold fish.
I know I can use this for early veg before fertilizing.
I am hoping to have perpetual water and fish poo fertilizer.
Do you think this will work?

After watching the drip system water the Sweet Tooth, i realize this pump that i got would be great for running 4 drip rings, with a taller head coming from the pump.

I went to a saltwater aquarium store and picked up 2 submersible pumps for $21 each that are 317gph pumps.

Now this thing pumps out some serious water! I'm thinking its overkill actually, but at the same time, if i only do one watering a day, the rockwool has a chance to dry out over the course of the day.

I have drilled my watering holes so that water not only goes straight down, but in either direction to make sure all the medium is soaked.

The one good thing about this pump and the amount of water it pumps out is, i'm not going to worry about nutrients not being flushed out at each watering. Each day the fresh nutrients will wash away the ones from the day before and it will be freshly fed medium for the roots to feed on!

I cant wait to see the flood table drip system in place. I have to mix up a shit ton of water later this afternoon

Also, i have to head back to Rona to exchange a ball valve that i have which is threaded but i wanted a slip fit. I also need to pick up more 1/2" elbows for the last drip ring for the Flood table.

The drain hole for water to return to the reservoir needs to be drilled in the top of the lid.

i was contemplating getting some bulkheads to attach to the drain hole so i could put like a piece of pvc to ensure the water hits the drain hole, but i'm sure that its not needed and a ghetto style waterfall into the reservoir will suffice.

I'm thinking of a 5 foot under the bed storage box as drain table with a reservoir and gold fish.

So you are thinking about trying a small scale form of Aquaponics then? Is this what i'm gathering from your idea you verbalized?

As long as there is enough fish in the system to produce enough poop for there to be enough levels of N-P-K then you should be okay.

reading up quickly on this tho, mainly of a random fish poop fertilizer product, it seems only suitable for Veg, as this type of fertilization is not suggested during flowering, and to supplement with required amounts of P and K

all in all a very cool idea tho! am i right in my guessing?

i have actually pondered the idea of this when Lady GT and myself get a house. i want a nice fish pond with some healthy plants growing from it.. Not necessarily cannabis plants, but i'd like to use the nutrient rich pond environment to fertilize nearby plants and such.

Sorry to not answer one of your questions Rado.

The Flood table will have 4 PVC drip rings attached to ONE feed tube.

The feed tube will be attached via a 1/2" female adapter to the output on the water pump.. it will come to a "T" where it will split off for my drain, which is closed off by a ball valve.

going further above the "T" theres another ball valve to close off the feed lines so i can drain the system. Above the ball valve it bends at an elbow and flows towards the drip rings.

At the first set of plants, theres a Cross fitting with 2 piece of PVC to attach to the drip rings.

after the cross, it comes to a "T" where it splits off to the last 2 plants in the flood table. The water drains via a drilled hole in the flood table and into a larger hole drilled into the lid of the res..

Water, drain and repeat.

This $20 pump thats like 300gph will be perfect for this.. a little bit overkill for the Sweet Tooth right now.

:thanks: for the warm welcome guys!
I hope by the time yours is done i'll have enough cash to start a growing again cause it's been so long..
Btw, they look so right, and the big one seems strong and healthy :high-five:

:thanks: for the warm welcome guys!
I hope by the time yours is done i'll have enough cash to start a growing again cause it's been so long..
Btw, they look so right, and the big one seems strong and healthy :high-five:

AnyTime BTW...

glad you found the best 420 related site on the internet!

When you have a grow up and going, dont forget to make a journal to document it, and invite us all!

Im considering setting my dad up with a greenhouse aquaponic setup next year! I love the idea behind it..

IMO Greenhouse and aquaponics are a match made in heaven. Low inputs. High yields.

you definitely have a nice piece of land to build a greenhouse Rado!

I cant wait until i have a property to call my own!

gosh your plant looks beautiful wow! And im serious on this one ;) :) lol

Back
Top Bottom