KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Revie

I think if you will reread that bottle Jimmy it is actually saying the product itself may be clear to a slight yellow or brownish color and that any of that would be normal.... When I read it I didn't take it that it would change color when added to water or anything.... Mine is totally clear also....:circle-of-love:

Thank you for the info on the pH pen King... I ordered it last night in a stoned stuper before I saw your reply but I think I actually did OK... I ended up with the pH 100 instead of pH 80 but that can't be toooo bad a thing I don't think.....:circle-of-love:

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Revie

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Making my way through the forum and playing catch up after my absence. I've always enjoyed your journals KingJohnc Glad to see you are still a creature of habit when it comes to your journals. Subbed

Thank you kindly! I recently injured my back and have not been able to summarize and Review all products used in my Grow Journal and Review yet. Please allow me to fully Review each of the products as I am able. I am pleased to announce an upcoming Grow Journal and Review for a new test model Twilight Groups LED Spider4 COB LED grow light!

Been awhile since I navigated you journals. I seen one and noticed your still working with that Brainstorm Haze? I still think of that strain Brainstorm another vendor was dabbling with.
But I do see you like to work with the products as such. Maybe you'd know more than me about one,,, well any is a hella lot more than I know. Product called Actinovate SP. It's a biological fungus control. Suppose to help with fusarium wilt, and damping off, 'or pythium'. Label even says helps with foliar crap too such as Powdery Mildew, and even the dreaded botrytis, 'butt rott or grey mold'. I was wondering if you've heard anything on it? I need a magic cure here in Portland that stops botrytis pretty bad if I ever want to finish a plant in mid Oct. I guess a drench for the wilts and a foliar for the airborne. I also seen you was using a foliar in the Ultra on your buds. Ever get a problem with the moisture? Hopefully I'll remember to come back and check. But hey if you know anything about this product please message me to talk abit. I also seen ya'll making your own clear-x. 35 years back it was hard to find any knowage let alone products to grow and how to fush. My mentor did something with citric acid. He flushed with that, and it wood lash out to the salts and bind with them taking them away with the overflow. Damn we have all kinds of info now. Besides going to the library and reading about growing tomatoes and hopps. One of them books once got me to try grafting a hopps plant on top a weed plant and visa versa. Both grew after acouple attempts.......... But didn't matter the weed on hopps root got ya buzzed. The Hopps on the weed roots didn't do shit. Oh well was the thought that counted. Hell was a lengthy ass prison term for growing back then. And I was wanting to grow in plain sight.... I remember being threatened by the courts once, with 10 years state, for 3 plant in the mid 70's. Yikes........... Good lawyer helps a lot....... Well babbled enough here. but hey John if by chance you do' know anything about this product, or have a friend who dabbled, kind of let me know on a PM or my place. Pot effect short term, and been awhile since I been here. That's my excuse.. But the Label say compatible with all ferts, ect, but doesn't even say if I need distilled waters. I know alot of these biological bugs need distilled water or you can kill the little buggers. I've been thinking abit about trying the LED thing soon. Least half my flower room just to see. Curently I'm running acouple 1500 waters on rails. But as temps climb I throw on the adjustable 1000's. Kind of thinking of throwing LED's in half the room. Something like 5'X12'. I see a lot of LED out there tho. I'm needing some cheaper to test the waters with. I'm just wondering if those lights will penetrate 4-5'er's? I looked at 4 300 to do it. Hey if they can keep me from having to spend a lot of monies right at this moment in main power box and a split air A/C unit, not to mention the new wires and controller I'd have to upgrade too..................
Well thx. Keepem Green

Hello Norcaliwood I do not have experience with using Actinovate SP that contains Streptomyces lydicus strain WYEC 108. I spray foliar sprays either when the lights are going off shortly or with a green eye headlight after the lights are off and make sure I have good air circulation in my grow areas to allow the plants to dry properly without excess moisture buildup. That is an interesting experiment grafting hops and cannabis and one I have not yet tried. I believe the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light with 120° lenses has 30" of effective flowering distance, 60° lenses are still being tested.

Thanks for the info John. Like I said that label leaves a lot to be desired as far as info. One of them links helped a lot. Still on the fence over the LED's. I almost got acouple the other night to throw alittle supplemental blue in my room. Wasn't looking at a major investment the first throw, but I'm going to take a look at what you threw out there. Keepem Green

Flower Day 83

I went to harvest the Hindu Kush#3 clone #1 that has been drying for 5 days. Hindu Kush#3 clone #1 is still too wet and sticky I shall allow the plant to dry for a few more days before harvesting the any seeds.

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_001.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_002.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_003.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_004.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_005.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_008.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_009.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_010.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_011.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_012.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2015-01-24_-_013.JPG

Awesome color and nice looking. :goodjob: Luckily I can have a review with yours.

King your grow here gives me hope for my feeble first attempt at hydro and less expensive LEDs. I do have an observation/question about your synopsis that UV rays are not beneficial for cannabis grows. My last coco grow using a 100 watt hps for most of flower I had just obtained one of those COB spot beams I will pm the brand of asked. all other things being equal I noticed even the fans of the plants in that grow were sticky as hell. Some of the reading that then ensued made me believe that the sunburn effect of the UV in those lights cause the plants to react to the injury with resin. I know technically I have injured my baby's then but the end result was a heavier usable yield maybe? Just thinking... maybe too much? :)

Thank you kindly! I believe that the Ultra Violet rays stimulate increased resin production in cannabis plants. I do believe that Ultra Violet rays are beneficial for growing cannabis, there is evidence to support this fact. Most High Pressure Sodium light bulbs with the exception of dual arc High Pressure Sodium light bulbs do not produce significant Ultra Violet rays, Metal Halide light bulbs produce the greatest amount of Ultra Violet rays and are used for vegetative growth but are filtered out by most glass reflectors. The Twilight Groups LED Spider COB LED grow light covers from 380nm-850nm including both Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths. Leaves can be light burned as well by both conventional High Intensity Discharge and LED light panels by too intense of light and develop either twisted leaf growth or bleached areas and the injury's are readily seen. I only wish I had better photography equipment to show in better details of how coated with resin the buds were on the Hindu Kush #3's.

I totally agree,, I heard the places on the planet that have more UV are places like the tropics I cant actually remember the part?But it is so that the plants that grow close to these areas will produce more Trichomes,,I even brought a 20CFL UV Black light hoping it would help a grow some time back ,,after reading this I may just put it back in ,,, but am I right to say its OK to leave it on all night with out worry of it messing with the girls??

During the last half of flowering, in my 4'x2'x5' grow box I run 104 watts of 10% UVB CFLs for the full 12 hour day with no problems whatsoever. In fact, since my last grow went long due to an extended flowering stage, the ladies were under these lights for nearly 3 months with no problems either.

I totally agree,, I heard the places on the planet that have more UV are places like the tropics I cant actually remember the part?But it is so that the plants that grow close to these areas will produce more Trichomes,,I even brought a 20CFL UV Black light hoping it would help a grow some time back ,,after reading this I may just put it back in ,,, but am I right to say its OK to leave it on all night with out worry of it messing with the girls??

I would not leave the Ultra Violet Compact Florescent Light on during the darkness phase of the day, I believe that the light will not allow the plant to rest during the darkness phase and mess up your lighting schedule.

Buds look great. Long flowering time but looks tasty. Is factual thing some UVB spectrum is suppose to really help produce trichomes. I have seen that exposing plants to UVB help amber out trichomes. I do know to much UVB after harvest is bad for storage of buds. But some pretty purples ya got a growing Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom