GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

re: GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

Hello everyone following along here, got a small update!

The Sweet Tooth is looking great, and starting to put on more leaf sets. In about 2-3 weeks it should be getting a transplant into a 2gal container where it will be putting on some rapid growth under the LED.

Heres how the plant looks as of last night:

GEDC01182.JPG
GEDC01193.JPG
GEDC01204.JPG
GEDC01222.JPG
GEDC01211.JPG

Just a small update as there really isn't much going on at this point. Soon though, this plant will take off and i will lots of pictures to update!

Have a great day everyone!

re: GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

Found this tonight, subbed!

Glad to have ya along! This is literally about to take off, the next couple weeks will really show me what this Sweet Tooth can do!

I do like me some sweet tooth!

I want to see how your panel does you. I do like that the panels come in "grow" "flower" and mixed!

Grow on!

Twilight Groups actually has quite a good selection of LED's for very good prices, and i'm sure you can find something that suits your needs perfectly.

Also, every panel, except the Spider 432w COB LED you can customize the spectrum. adding more red, orange, blue, white, UV or IR diodes as you like.

Plus, they are pretty swell guys over there in China!

I will post some pictures tomorrow of the BC Sweet Tooth, she was putting on her first set of 5 fingered leaves today. Tomorrow they should be opened up and showing!

Like i said before, very impressed with this little light!

Once i have this LED out of the tent that it is in, i will be investing in a Classical 1000w LED panel from Twilight. Then i plan to put it side by side against a 600w HPS in a Cooltube which will be in its own separate tent. Or i will get a new 4'x8' tent and put a divider in the middle to separate the HID side from the LED side. It really depends on how i can work the ducting on those two tents to use one exhaust fan and one carbon filter for the whole set up.

Damn bud! You just drop money into this like it's going outa style! I'm impressed!

Grow hard or grow home! hahahaha

Have you read up in the beginning of my 2 journals? i went into details how much i've spent on this set up i have.

quick breakdown for ya.

3700 for grow box
400 in tents
800 in lights, ballasts etc
500 in fans, filters and ducting
700 in seeds
350 in nutrients (probably more)
550 in Miscellaneous (rockwool gro cubes, Gen Hydro air pump, 4x4 flood table and all my buckets and odds and ends and building supplies)

You can say i like to spend money on my Hobby :)

my first run netted me a half pound between 5 plants in the grow box.

My white widow i have right now will pull in i'm estimating over 1lb dried in 8 weeks. then i have another 5 plants in the grow box, which i estimate to pull in another 8+ zips in 10 weeks, then once those are done, i have 20+ seedlings that will be putting out a serious harvest.

My GF is going to grow 2 OG kush plants to as close to a LB as she can, using the same method i will be. 2Lbs there.

I am currently vegging 2 Girl Scout Cookie seedlings that i will pull in 1LB per plant as well around the same time as my GFs OGs. 2LBs there as well.

In my Sponsored journal i have 1 BC Sweet Tooth under an LED that i am hoping to pull in about 4 zips or a 1/4LB dried.

The other seedlings i have going will most likely become a SOG or go onto flood tables as well and i will try to veg them as long as i can keeping in mind the space i have. I estimate those 20 seedlings to pull in close to 7Lbs dried.

With my math.. and remember this is all estimation. I will be harvesting approximately 12LBS of dried buds in the next 5 months.

Now lets do the math. The price of a LB here in BC ranges from 1400-2400 depending on potency and bag appeal. Providing all my plants have amazing bag appeal, i could easily fetch 1600 a LB (if i were a drug dealer, which i am not) for my product.

Since i'm not a drug dealer, i would be buying this for personal consumption as well as receiving donations from friends who are licensed medical patients (i happen to be licensed to grow for a patient so its all good anyways) They help pay for the nutrients and all my equipment. That stuff isn't cheap as you read my cost analysis.

So essentially i am saving myself (and patients) about $15,000 by growing approx. 12LBS of meds. (I can get 5LBS of master kush for $6000, thats what i based that equation on)

Sure, its a lot of money to start up and invest in, but clearly, if this was for illegal gains, it would be a pretty solid investmest.

**Disclaimer** THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM AND IN NO WAY DO I CONDONE ANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES RELATED TO CULTIVATION OF MARIJUANA OUTSIDE OF YOUR LOCAL, MUNICIPAL, STATE, FEDERAL OR WHATEVER LAW YOU ABIDE BY.

I reserve my right to the pursuit of happiness, liberty and freedom, and anyone that wishes to impede on this right can piss off!

Damn bud! You just drop money into this like it's going outa style! I'm impressed!

Grow hard or grow home! hahahaha

Don't encourage him!! We need to pay other bills and things! Hahahaha

Just think of how many times we could have gone to Vegas for that! Oh well... I need my meds!

Don't encourage him!! We need to pay other bills and things! Hahahaha

Just think of how many times we could have gone to Vegas for that! Oh well... I need my meds!

GreenThumb J has a theoretical Return On Investment (ROI) under 1 year.

The standard ROI on Vegas trips is negative. Someone has to pay for all those bright lights and dinging machines :)

Nice to see you riding herd on his ideas :)

GreenThumb J has a theoretical Return On Investment (ROI) under 1 year.

The standard ROI on Vegas trips is negative. Someone has to pay for all those bright lights and dinging machines :)

Nice to see you riding herd on his ideas :)

Well someone has to keep in check or we would be living on the street in one of the tents Hahahaha! And we get a huge return on investment in Vegas.. Of FUN!!

But yes you are right... Grow related things are our first priority!

Yea Rado.. that ROI for our vegas trip in June was about -$6000!!!!

although it did provide us with a lifetime of amazing memories. AS well, we got to see 3 straight days of amazing music while at the Vegas Speedway for our Music Festival, Electric Daisy Carnival.

If you are curious about it, dont hesitate to take a look at the EDC 2014 trailer. The videos really dont do the festival any justice whatsoever.

Those memories of good times are what carry you through hard times! But yes.. I'm sure you would have loved to spend that money on the ladies and all sorts of gadgets for them.. All in due time dear!

Those memories of good times are what carry you through hard times! But yes.. I'm sure you would have loved to spend that money on the ladies and all sorts of gadgets for them.. All in due time dear!

That is what my wife says. She has put me on a budget. but i cant complain she lets me grow and smoke and loves me like no other.

My gf has been going off on these studies that show all the benefits marijuana has for relationships as well..

A couple that grows together... well.. they grow together!! hahah

That is what my wife says. She has put me on a budget. but i cant complain she lets me grow and smoke and loves me like no other.

I grow FOR the wife.

My paycheck from work is direct deposit. Ho hum.
Weighing and smoking the first dried crop. Now that gets her excited :)

I'm so glad I did bud washing. Growing her potent herb that is the smoothest ever really earned me street creed :)

The Sweet Tooth is starting to catch its legs now.. I have it within 12 inches of the LED and it doesn't seem to be affecting it in a negative way.

It should need a transplanting to a larger container in about 2-3 weeks

I will update some photos of it tomorrow when the LED comes back on.

Back
Top Bottom