Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, Hydro

Re: Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, H

^^^ curious about that question too. I just checked their site but didn't see prices listed.

Re: Seasoned Grower using BC Northern Lights Producer-Juicy Fruit and BC Sweet:Co2, H

Well thanks for the feedback... The machine is running pretty well... I had to kill out 1 more plant and another might be soon... a couple plants had really slimy roots which eventually ended their life... It is very potent smoke with a good base taste, however due to when they died they recieved no flushing and it is definately evident... I have finished this plant previously and it has the potential to be a very dank, great tasting potent herb. I have 15 very strong plants currently at 46 days... Flushing will begin in the next two days and be atleast 10 days, perhaps up to 15 or more on 1 or 2 of the girls.

I have clones of juicy fruit that are all ready to go right in the machine, plus another 1000 watt hps pushing 25 girls.

I kind of agree with you andy.. the machine should get banged. I try to help out a couple medical patients at no charge and believe the big bang would be a great indica to throw in the producer.

I picked up my machine used and it ran me 2 grand... it was the full setup, with co2, and nutrients, as well as brand new bulbs. The new machines i believe start at 3500 or so, and can be even more depending on the kit you order. My version is a couple years old and a little bit shorter than the current version. The height is a limitation however with the square area of the machine unless you do some serious trimming you will be too full if they are maxed out on height. I let these veg a few days too long, and because of that my canopy was a little too tall and too full, part of the reason for the few weak plants is because they were also partially suffocated around larger plants.

Questions and feedback is appreciated

Questions and feedback is appreciated

So how many days veg do you feel is appropriate to avoid maxing out on height? (or how tall?) before you flip the switch to 12/12

Andy: The watering schedule for this system is not ideal in my opinion, and it goes concurrent with the co2... It comes on every 2 hours for 3 minutes... 7 waterings with co2 a day. The newer producers have seperate timers for co2 and drip water pump. On the newer system the pump goes on 2 times a day for 5 minutes, and the co2 goes on for seven seconds every 7 minutes.
I just bought an ac pump that I might hook up to the producer in the future and set it to 2x 5 minute intervals daily. If I do that then I will set the co2 to come on 7 times a day for 1 minute (max 7 programs daily).

Soniq: I flipped the switch perhaps a week too late, this is a picture of the girls on day 1 of 12/12 roughly 9-12 inches. If you are using the early version of the producer then you would want to flip a strain similar to this when plants are a week or so younger. Also pruning and skirting is necessary when dealing with many plants in a small area

Day 1 of 12/12 with a little too much veg
100_4597.JPG

hey can u please post a pick of your timer system on your producer?how can u tell the diffrence in model ...because i read eairly that u said the new ones hav more hight and better watering system.As i am going to be looking at a used one later this week

These pictures were taken at day 52. Currently on day 55 and flushing has been going on for nearly a week already, with between 5-8 days left of flushing until I start harvesting.
I have been giving them a very great flushing, really looking for a superclean smoke. I started by emptying the resoiroir as best I could, dont to about a liter of remaining water, then I refilled it and emptied it 4 times the first night, to dillute out all the remaining water, and flush the actual rockwools and roots.
Then for the next 2 days I emptied and refilled again... 3 days into flushing I gave the fresh clean water a small shot of carboload and sensiym to flush out the roots. I left this mix for 1 full day/night then went back to clean distilled 50 ppm water for the next 2 days. Tonight I will change it again, then they will get something a little special. Fresh mountain spring water that measures at a 1 ppm. I am going to give that to the for the final 2-3 days.
Plants are very very dense, and completely covered in chrystals. They are definately losing the deep green they had for most of their growing cycle, and the trichomes are going to be perfect in a couple days. Right now there is one or 2 plants with 50 percent cloudy heads, and the other 13 are getting soon. They still seem like they are swelling a bit with no nutrients. I plan on giving them atleast 36 hours in the dark before the main harvest as well to give them just a bit more resin production

all_resize.jpg

right_side_resied.jpg

Also Jordo, here is a picture of the control panel.

On a side note, I am thinking about taking the producer apart and using just the top section with the lights, fans, timers, and co2 valve
This would allow me to let plants grow with less size restrictions, both horizontally and vertically.

resize.jpg

Beautiful, just beautiful.

those babies look absolutely wonderful

It's amazing how uniform they are - you've used every bit of vertical space and they dont look burned at all

Congatulations; I can't wait for the weights and smoke report

Looking awsome ?Did you take them down yet ? Im intersted to know how much you yeild ?

Hey what do u run for bulbs in that unit?Cause im looking at one it has 2x 430 watt hps and the 125 flu ...and the ballasts and not digtal ...So what bulb did you use to Veg ?cause i contacted bcnl and they said if i wana mh id have to get a conversion bulb and they are 3x as much ...thanks :roorrip:

~Hey, I have the bloombox and am currently on my first grow. I am growing master kush and the plants got way to big fast i have had to bend them like crazy it hasnt been very easy at all, last week i finally pruned some of the lower fan leaves off. (im currently in week 4) I was wondering if you could explain to me how you pruned yours to keep them that nice height please ( the grow is in my signature link ) ~

Well the batch of juicy fruit is completely finished, the first 7 were taken on day 58, and the last 6 were taken on day 63. I gave them a 10-14 day flush, and the smoke is very smooth and tasty. An earthy taste which is nice considering the hydroponic nutrients can sometimes leave you with a "chemy" taste. Yield on the plant is not exeptional by any means, and I look forward to changing strains in the near future after one more juicy fruit run. It is very resinous potent herb but total numbers on 14 plants (2 had been culled due to the machine being too filled, and 2 others were taken due to a disease that effected the roots and quickly killed off the 2 infected.)
Another reason for the less then exceptional yields is a few days too long vegging, which didnt not let the plants 'breath' quite as well. For the next run I plan on having them grow into a screen.

So for yields.... I only have a dry weight on the first 7 plants because the last 6 are still hanging.
150 grams on the first 7 plants, just over 21 grams per plant.
I expect pretty similar numbers on the next 6.

The box is already full and gonna flip the switch in a few days... Stay tuned.

Also took clones on my new mother plants.... BIG BANG, HAWAIIN SNOW, SUPER SILVER HAZE, MAZAAR, LEMON SKUNK, AND STRAWBERRY DIESEL.

Side project of juicy is also coming to fruition...

Pics coming soon

Love the feed back and questions.

Profit: I flipped my plants a little late as well, strain is defiantely an issue. I also use clones off of one specific mother plants... which makes it so the roots do not grow as explosive as seeds, and more importantly the plants are all genetically the same. In the box I had to take off most of the large fane leaves because of space and light limitations, this is not a bad thing. Trim out EVERYTHING below the canopy when you first flip the switch, then again 20 days in (after vegetative growth has nearly ceased). Flipping the switch early with a new strain is advised.

Nice harvest dude, i also read the article about the BCNL boxes, hopefully your trim job can help the box a bit. Good advice with the box sounds like you've got everything under control. Get some nug pics up soon!!!

Decent results ...Thanks for the update....Is there anywhere online where i can read the article on the BCNL boxes...:nicethread:

Have been fairly busy lately, but here is a picture of the final product and a little bit of hash (bubble hash and pressed kief) This strain is similar to a wine, as it continues to age the flavors become more complex and have more depth. I really love this plant and which more people understood the true medical benefits.
100_4921.JPG

~ Hey Looks Awesome I want it all!! lol Can you tell me what you got total dry yield off of how many plants please & thank you ~

Back
Top Bottom