8 Juicy Fruit Indoor Soil Grow

I was just in watering and found this. A bud growing on a fan leaf with what possibly is a seed growing in it, I inspected all the other buds and didnt find any other suspected seeds. I've never seen a mutation like this before

Screenshot_2016-02-10-19-27-36.png

What are you growing there buddy? Mutant juicy fruit dripping with bud even from the fan leaves?

Come on, admit it, you hot glued that up! Seriously though, very strange and that is definitely a swelling seed site. I would run a check everywhere for any banana boy parts that might be showing up in there. You may have a hermie. I think I would check the plant with the mutation first as it already seems to have a genetic oddity.

If that really is a seed starting you need to go full on Sherlock Holmes in there or you may have a bunch of seeds you didn't want.

Bob ;)

What should I do with it? I can't find any other seed sites, not sure how that happened....I haven't been around any other plants and I thought I got the male out pretty early

I would let the seed site finish so you can have the seed. Your male may have just opened one pollen sack as that is all it takes.

It could be a hermie but since you had a male, I bet he let some go before you got him out.

Just watch like a hawk! Or Cobra.

Bob ;)

What are you growing there buddy? Mutant juicy fruit dripping with bud even from the fan leaves?

Come on, admit it, you hot glued that up! Seriously though, very strange and that is definitely a swelling seed site. I would run a check everywhere for any banana boy parts that might be showing up in there. You may have a hermie. I think I would check the plant with the mutation first as it already seems to have a genetic oddity.

If that really is a seed starting you need to go full on Sherlock Holmes in there or you may have a bunch of seeds you didn't want.

Bob ;)

Nope. This is normal. No hermie, but it can turn like any other plant if not properly cared for.

Well, not normal. Definite deformity. But this is due to bad genetics. Or improper stabilization. Over the years I have encountered several leaf budding plants. This is due to "genetic errors" in the make up of that specific genome i think. I have bred many plants and along with that, you get to see allot of deformities. This is actually a good one! lol depending on how you look at it of course. But you get extra frosty leafs and budz for oils or concentrates or butter! lol From my experience this seems to happen when a specific plant is derived from a uneven mmxff crossing which tells us they( hte seed producers) haven't been stabilized to remove that genetic trait. Which in-turn tells me, you bought those seeds online somewhere. ;) But nevertheless! No need to worry. Keep that girl going like the beauty she is! She will use up the very minimal in bud production on the plant. This is only on 1 or a few leafs right? It's not scattered throughout the plant? If it is on every fan leaf that can be an issue with getting the high end yields due to the budz drawing energy from the plant. & you can't cut them off in hopes to get bigger budz cause for that specific plant, it simply wont allow it. Because of the deformity traits.

Keep her going your more then fine! I would take pictures tho, cause usually when one sees this deformity he/she is a breeder and has went through hundreds if not thousands of plants before actually seeing this deformity. You can even isolate the trait for fun and grow and entire plant like this. Budz on the leafs and on the stems. But they are not huge producers, but hold their own. Hope this helps answer some of your question a bit.

EDIT: Didn't see the "Seed" part. Must be somewhat dyslexic :/ That is weird. I have never had seeds on mine....I bet if you plant it and grow it out the same genetic trait will occur. Very weird.:hmmmm: I'm defiantly going to be asking around about this. Also, it is easier to hermie a deformed plant then a regular healthy plant. So keep an eye out for nanners. But so far you're ok!

I would let the seed site finish so you can have the seed. Your male may have just opened one pollen sack as that is all it takes.

It could be a hermie but since you had a male, I bet he let some go before you got him out.

Just watch like a hawk! Or Cobra.

Bob ;)

Clever lol.

Before reading this I had cut off the leaf. I had two pretty solid seeds in there. The bud was incredibly fragrant and sticky

Snapchat-5115984340416914307.jpg
Snapchat-7259098973281014026.jpg

Nope. This is normal. No hermie, but it can turn like any other plant if not properly cared for.

Well, not normal. Definite deformity. But this is due to bad genetics. Or improper stabilization. Over the years I have encountered several leaf budding plants. This is due to "genetic errors" in the make up of that specific genome. I have bred many plants over the years and along with that, you get to see allot of deformities. This is actually a good one! lol depending on how you look at it of course. But you get extra frosty leafs and budz for oils or concentrates or butter! lol From my experience this seems to happen when a specific plant is derived from a uneven mmxff crossing which tells us they haven't been stabilized to remove that genetic trait. Which in-turn tell me, you bought those seeds online somewhere. ;) But nevertheless! No need to worry. Keep that girl going like the beauty she is! She will use up the very minimal in bud production on the plant. This is only on 1 or a few leafs right? It's not scattered throughout the plant? If it is on every fan leaf that can be an issue with getting the high end yields due to the budz drawing energy from the plant. & you can't cut them off in hope to get bigger budz cause for that specific plant it simply wont allow it. Because of the deformity.

Keep her going your more then fine! I would take pictures tho, cause usually when one sees this deformity he/she is a breeder and has went through hundreds if not thousands of plants before actually seeing this deformity. You can even isolate the trait for fun and grow and entire plant like this. Budz on the leafs and on the stems. But they are not huge producers, but hold their own. Hope this helps answer some of your question a bit.

EDIT: Didn't see the "Seed" part. Must be somewhat dyslexic :/ That is weird. I have never had seeds on mine....I bet if you plant it and grow it out the same genetic trait will occur. Very weird.:hmmmm: I'm defiantly going to be asking around about this. Also, it is easier to hermie a deformed plant then a regular healthy plant. So keep an eye out for nanners.

I have hundreds of these seeds. Hopefully the two that I pulled from the leaf are viable. If they turn out to be I'll put them outside as teens this summer and see what happens. Thanks for the good info though! I guess it could be looked at as a plus. An we'll see if it happens again when I start the two seeds.

Here is a small group of buds I had to harvest early because it had broken off flushing.

Looks good. I'll cure it and use it for a nug run for BHO

I learned a lot this time round. I am working on drawings of my next grow design utilizing LST and larger smart pots with fewer plants under one hood.

Snapchat-7672022701595709499.jpg
Snapchat-729757101311192606.jpg
Snapchat-1031635618458114222.jpg

While I got ya on the line Dr. Bob,

What methods do you suggest for curing? I've usually just cut and trimmed the buds immediately than put them in mason jars and opening the jars once a day for 3 hours until the felt right. But I've had buds from dispensaries that are obviously perfectly cured. They break off and you can just tell it's not too dry and not to wet...I'm not sure how to get it perfect like theirs. Any suggestions?

I am sitting here with my vape enjoying 3 different weeds. Two are mine, one someone elses. I can tell the other was more quickly dried, and had too much residual moisture in the stem when it was called good. The catch with good cure is it takes time to tell if you got it right. A couple weeks minimum after drying and really up to a couple months. At that point, depending on storage, variety etc, things can start heading the other way.

My two jars were first cut to the stems, hang on a sec lets see if I have pic ready,
FullHarvest.JPG

This is left right at about 40-50% RH in my empty tent or dark closet with a fan moving air, but not directly on them for about 3-5 days. Just before the stems start snapping but the bud will seem dry and be rather fragile. Some say go to when they are snapping when bent, but I say just before as I like a bit of moisture in those stems to cure.

Now they get clipped close and off any big stems and into jars or tupperware. Burped twice a day and sat open for a few minutes each time. I watch and feel them closely at this point. They should seem wet again just a few hours after cutting them into the jars. Do this for as long as you can manage to keep your hands off, but not too dry. Stop when they feel just right for your use. Depending on the variety this goes on for a week to a month. I have a pretty fluffy lemon kush, she dried quick and would have not benefited from much more burping. The WWxBig Bud I had was burped for a long time and came out fabulous.

When I smoked I preferred a slightly wetter cure. Now vaping I make them a bit drier. But still I can break apart bud and it doesn't shatter, has a pleasant feel between spongy and dry. Tough to give words to. Other than perfectly cured.

Is an afternoon, house to himself Bob making sense?
Bob ;)

EDIT: A suggestion, do a few small cures with small jars and test. Your local RH, the fan air movement, variety and everything factor in so you have to see what works for your site. I am about to make a major change to my drying area and it will likely mean I have to change my whole cure process at the margins.

I am sitting here with my vape enjoying 3 different weeds. Two are mine, one someone elses. I can tell the other was more quickly dried, and had too much residual moisture in the stem when it was called good. The catch with good cure is it takes time to tell if you got it right. A couple weeks minimum after drying and really up to a couple months. At that point, depending on storage, variety etc, things can start heading the other way.

My two jars were first cut to the stems, hang on a sec lets see if I have pic ready,
FullHarvest.JPG

This is left right at about 40-50% RH in my empty tent or dark closet with a fan moving air, but not directly on them for about 3-5 days. Just before the stems start snapping but the bud will seem dry and be rather fragile. Some say go to when they are snapping when bent, but I say just before as I like a bit of moisture in those stems to cure.

Now they get clipped close and off any big stems and into jars or tupperware. Burped twice a day and sat open for a few minutes each time. I watch and feel them closely at this point. They should seem wet again just a few hours after cutting them into the jars. Do this for as long as you can manage to keep your hands off, but not too dry. Stop when they feel just right for your use. Depending on the variety this goes on for a week to a month. I have a pretty fluffy lemon kush, she dried quick and would have not benefited from much more burping. The WWxBig Bud I had was burped for a long time and came out fabulous.

When I smoked I preferred a slightly wetter cure. Now vaping I make them a bit drier. But still I can break apart bud and it doesn't shatter, has a pleasant feel between spongy and dry. Tough to give words to. Other than perfectly cured.

Is an afternoon, house to himself Bob making sense?
Bob ;)

EDIT: A suggestion, do a few small cures with small jars and test. Your local RH, the fan air movement, variety and everything factor in so you have to see what works for your site. I am about to make a major change to my drying area and it will likely mean I have to change my whole cure process at the margins.

Making perfect sense. I'll fallow this for my cure of the rest

The plant I had to harvest a cola early on was not looking very well so after 3 flushes I just decided to harvest it 2 weeks early. Here are some rough trim pics, I'll use this for BHO and the rest for smoking after I cure them. Havest is 17 days give or take. These came to 96g wet while only keeping the larger buds. The small popcorn went into my trim bucket for edibles later on after they are all harvested

Snapchat-8372012349013403820.jpg
Snapchat-7653863952411931284.jpg
Snapchat-3842060875385208632.jpg
Snapchat-2744236664193277775.jpg

I apologize again for the shit pictures. I'm using my cell phone, I had bought a nice camera but the in laws asked to use it camping. By final harvest I promise great HD photos

Back
Top Bottom