Toes' Juicy Fruit Hybrid Hand-Me-Down 2010

sinsemilla the 13 th was 8 weeks by my head count....

I give humble thanks to the first pickings.
Oh My Jah! I have chopped a plant down.

she hangs in my room, like a trophy of my devotion
my heart tears with her emotion.
beautiful green, my fruity queen, I MISS YOU!
Thank you for your gifts to me. You did not live in vain.

Getting close to time here too. They are getting only water now. From a distance everyone has that sort of pinkish halo going on, when the pistils all go rusty. Won't be long at all.
The next gereration of clones and a couple seedlings are just moving to 12/12 to take their places....about 18'' tall. Time to kick the flowers into gear. These will be the last of the big outdoor plants. All spare bedroom stuff starting for the New year.:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

This is a Cool Journal Toes...I learned alot reading your posts and It's nice to see what JF looks like when she's all mature...Im working with Juicy fruit also but indoors ....Enjoy Bro

Why thank you SirOgKush, you are too kind!

looks like these babies would have been excellent mommas for a SOG setup, if i had known what i was doing back in june. experience costs wisdom, they say.

I stole some early samples from the pickins. I must say, I like this strain so far. I'm nowhere near a proper dry/cure, however, the taste and potency are on level with some kind bags of scoreage past. a sweet melon/skunk smell and taste at first, then an expanding piny cream on the exhale. I cannot smoke report proper, these are just preliminary observations after a 3 day not-so-dry dry.

in a week or so two more are coming down. I say a week, yet, she will let me know when she's ready. I may be nucking futs, for some reason I really want to harvest on the next full moon. I have it in my mind that it's the right thing to do.

I ended up gifting one of the ladies to a close friend, whom I had been meaning to give something really cool to. :thumb:

So that left me with 5, i want to explore the ready window as much as I can, being my first grow, so I will harvest all staggered like. The new owner of a fine Juicy Fruit female plant, says he won't harvest until late Nov, whatever, it's his plant now. I will deffo partake in the sampling of the spoilage then too! All these different picking times and test samples will help me become a more well rounded Ganja Farmer, I'm told the subtle differences in the finished products are something i could never experience just buying bags of ganj on the streets.

I stole some early samples from the pickins. I must say, I like this strain so far. I'm nowhere near a proper dry/cure, however, the taste and potency are on level with some kind bags of scoreage past. a sweet melon/skunk smell and taste at first, then an expanding piny cream on the exhale. I cannot smoke report proper, these are just preliminary observations after a 3 day not-so-dry dry.

My mouths salivating like Homer Simpson...

Getting close to time here too. They are getting only water now. From a distance everyone has that sort of pinkish halo going on, when the pistils all go rusty. Won't be long at all.
The next gereration of clones and a couple seedlings are just moving to 12/12 to take their places....about 18'' tall. Time to kick the flowers into gear. These will be the last of the big outdoor plants. All spare bedroom stuff starting for the New year.:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Chopper!! how did you sneak in there? I must me sampling too much ( never too much ) I'm sorry I didn't see your reply there.

Tell me how you take and prepare your clones ( doing some experimenting and I'm in the "take an idea from here, take an idea from there, stage )

OK, I has a question for you. You mention 18" or so being an optimal height to switch to flower, with the ladies I have now, they were about that tall on the 18th-20th of Aug, when THEY turned to a more feminine THEY ( actually it's not true 12/12 until sept 27th, but the girls can sinsemilla the light change and start flowering a month early, usually happens in most outdoor grows. ) then why aren't my ladies as big as some indoors grows that I've seen when the light changes at the same height??? is it my nutes? light? or strain? maybe the shock of heat and grasshopper damage? I'm ghey? who knows.

Chopper!! how did you sneak in there? I must me sampling too much ( never too much ) I'm sorry I didn't see your reply there.

Tell me how you take and prepare your clones ( doing some experimenting and I'm in the "take an idea from here, take an idea from there, stage )

OK, I has a question for you. You mention 18" or so being an optimal height to switch to flower, with the ladies I have now, they were about that tall on the 18th-20th of Aug, when THEY turned to a more feminine THEY ( actually it's not true 12/12 until sept 27th, but the girls can sinsemilla the light change and start flowering a month early, usually happens in most outdoor grows. ) then why aren't my ladies as big as some indoors grows that I've seen when the light changes at the same height??? is it my nutes? light? or strain? maybe the shock of heat and grasshopper damage? I'm ghey? who knows.
We have a great cloning tutorial on here....I actually scope my cuttings a week before I take them. I trim the extra leaves and cut the remainder back to where I'm gonna want it. Waiting a week allows these cuts to heal and seems to reduce the strain on the cutting as opposed to doing it all at once. I make the cut with a sharp scissor a bit longer than I want it. I use paper cups, but anything small will work. I use 50/50 perlite/vermiculite and fill the cups...poke a drain hole and soak the medium with distilled water. I hold the cutting under the surface of the distilled water and make my 45degree final cut, Then go into the rooting hormone powder and straight into the cups. It's important that the cut end not be exposed to air for any length of time...work quickly. I put 'em in rows on the top of a teacart, cover them with a 10 gal fishtank turned over, and a fluro tube (2 actually) sitting on the glass over top of them. A few times a day, open it up, wet the medium, mist the plants and inside of the tank. (Once they root, stop the misting) Take your cuttings from the bottom of the plant (they grow better) and even a flowering plant can be cloned...just takes a while to kick them into veg again. The 24/7 light will get them rooting pretty fast, I move them under "blue" curly CFLs till I flower outside. Fla. has great sun for flowering....careful in the hottest part of summer though....girls grow nuts sometimes in the heat. Happens almost any time I am flowering that time of year...I try to avoid it now
As for height, could be any of a million things. Direct, unfiltered light, PH correct water, and decent nutes is really about it for requirements. I've found that limited bug damage early on, seems to lead to a more vigirous plant down the line....like pruning I guess. I don't know about 1.5ft being optimal, but it generally leads to a 5 or 6 footer in a 5gal bucket. That's about all the height I can get away with. I'm in a development. The wonderful fruitty aroma just wafting from my back yard is concerning me more right now. I've one type from some bagseed that smells as strong as a gardenia bush...just not Gardenia. More like some over ripe lemons or something. I'm dying to cut that one. My wife says she can smell it all the way up front by the garage HAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHA:tokin::blunt::surf: Stick around here....your plants will get bigger:peacetwo:

just going to put these in a safe spot for now

nutrient_chart_454.gif

pH_Chart2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Most of the water in Florida is fairly alkaline. 1/8t lemon juice per gallon H2O seems to fix it just fine

Most of the water in Florida is fairly alkaline. 1/8t lemon juice per gallon H2O seems to fix it just fine

hey Chopper, i am glad you brought that up. i am a soil grower who uses the bennys in my nutes and soil additives, with a pH down like lemon juice or vinegar, does the natural antiseptic properties of the acids have negative effects on my cfu's ??

Doesn't seem to. I'm now taking my soil from around citrus trees. The fruit doesn't get picked, so it lays and rots on the ground. The soil is measurably more acidic than the sand hill around it. I just sterilize it and lighten it with 40 or 50% perlite (very alkaline on this old seafloor, but the coastal swamp is better) I am getting a noticable citrus-y aura about it...smell and (uncured) taste.
I noticed a "pinesol" background when growing out in the forrest, I just figured it would work for citrus too...and it seems to

hello Journal,

The plants I want down are down. I left two ( the runt and the bottom nodes of another ) plants growing. I have a feeling that some Mandala strain... Beyond the Brain ( Satori X mexican sativa/haze ) beans will find their way into my garden. Which I will grow a few, praying for male sperm to F1 my JF genetics to create Toes seeds: "Brain Fruit" (<----So ghey) but for reals tho, I feel the necessity to keep these genes in my garden

Picture tieyieyeiyme,

Guess who fim
100_08893.JPG

ca ca ca ca-colaah...
100_08904.JPG

100_08912.JPG

Sisterz...
100_08923.JPG

I SAID I'M NOT THE RUNT!!!!...
100_08933.JPG

Liquid Kick A$$...
100_08964.JPG

L, if ur lurkin? this is my cousins tomato bush you helped me save back in Woody's Outdoor Inspirational Guide to Kind Surgery and Couchlock!
100_08983.JPG

as always... Big Up yowself!!

hey, thanks for makin my journal worthwhile.

these are the kindest gifts I ha var gotten. When I called my buddy that day in June I expected some bagswwaaaaag. I asked him if I could clean his satchel... Instead, I was blessed wif 6 beans of da kine. Thank you key west star dust.

hey, thanks for makin my journal worthwhile.

these are the kindest gifts I ha var gotten. When I called my buddy that day in June I expected some bagswwaaaaag. I asked him if I could clean his satchel... Instead, I was blessed wif 6 beans of da kine. Thank you key west star dust.

Thats amazing how that happened...I should be thanking you Toes..your journal helps me alot and gives me a mental picture of things to come for my first grow..you also grew in a more harsh environment...Sick grow Toes:bravo:

And you almost threw in the towel :bravo:
Nice thing here (among many) is the ability (with minor adjustments) to run a non-stop outdoor system.....ie. I've 12ozs that went into jars over the last 2 weeks of Oct.. 2 plants got hung this week, and 3, 3fters are nugging up nicely....just getting really underway, so 5 weeks till cut, and 3 others are just getting to 2ft in the cfl veg closet....they'll be within 7 or 8 wks of the ones before....etc etc.
You have that nice shed to work in so the colder nights can be dealt with.
Stick around here a while....you'll be suprised how much better you get at this:)
There is much to be said for always having something nice at hand, without dealing with the nefarious types. *I LOVE being out of the market* :surf: :rollit: :surf:

I used MG on my tomatoes this time.....they are freaking huge, and loaded with sets.....one plant looks to produce 60 or more tomatoes on a 5 ft bush....they're Earlygirls...I don't think any will be ripe in time for Tgiving, but maybe...some are getting big

Thats amazing how that happened...I should be thanking you Toes..your journal helps me alot and gives me a mental picture of things to come for my first grow..you also grew in a more harsh environment...Sick grow Toes:bravo:

SirOgKush,

Thank you.

You are going to love your finished product. These have to be some strong genes, growing wise and thc content. I tried my best to mess up, but the ladies weren't having it. And the smoke is insanely heavy hitting. good luck brodie.

And you almost threw in the towel :bravo:
Nice thing here (among many) is the ability (with minor adjustments) to run a non-stop outdoor system.....ie. I've 12ozs that went into jars over the last 2 weeks of Oct.. 2 plants got hung this week, and 3, 3fters are nugging up nicely....just getting really underway, so 5 weeks till cut, and 3 others are just getting to 2ft in the cfl veg closet....they'll be within 7 or 8 wks of the ones before....etc etc.
You have that nice shed to work in so the colder nights can be dealt with.
Stick around here a while....you'll be suprised how much better you get at this:)
There is much to be said for always having something nice at hand, without dealing with the nefarious types. *I LOVE being out of the market* :surf: :rollit: :surf:

Nice. Me too, well, I LOVE the thought of being out of the market soon enough, more or less.

I used MG on my tomatoes this time.....they are freaking huge, and loaded with sets.....one plant looks to produce 60 or more tomatoes on a 5 ft bush....they're Earlygirls...I don't think any will be ripe in time for Tgiving, but maybe...some are getting big

Nice. Hope you have some tasty treats for the fam for Crimbo. Gardening has become a passion for me too. I've begun collecting seeds from all kinds of grocery store bought delights. So far I have some cukes, garlic, vine ripe tomatoes, among others, started. I'm hoping to at least give some seedlings away around the holidays since the only food I would have ready by then are the cherry tomatoes a rescued from my cousin.

EZ

Back
Top Bottom