KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

I was warned that it is not an indoor plant and I have to agree. It just will not be happy inside. I think it was meant for an outside stealth grow out in the wilderness.

This is only the second time I gave my new batch nutes you think it's nute buildup in just two feedings? I'm new to this it just seems pretty fast for a nute build up with two feedings but I could be wrong

Your pH problem is most likely due to a pH imbalance in your grow medium that can easily be reset to proper pH range with a good flush. I do not believe that you have a nutrient buildup in your medium with only 2 applications of nutrients.

Ok thanks again I'll flush them tomorrow it's to late tonight and it's going to take a while to do that. I am using pro mix hp have you ever had this problem?

Using Pro-Mix Hp is a very good peat moss source that already has some calcium added to pH balance the medium. You should think of flushing your grow medium well as the best way to restore the medium to an optimal pH balance. pH imbalances are easily corrected when using my grow medium recipe. If you are using Pro-Mix HP as your grow medium you should be watering and flushing with pH 5.8 water. I believe the Pro-Mix HP peat moss medium is attempting to buffer your pH 6.5 water that you have been feeding with.

I wanted to show you the amount of broken trichomes that are now gathered as Kief or Hashish that were left in the bottom of the curing container for Black Widow #2. I would not advise drying cannabis to low 30% humidity, I had more flowering plants in the building at the same time these buds were curing and did not raise the humidity in case of increased mold chances with the flowering plants. I use small digital temperature and humidity meters that I place in the curing containers to monitor the humidity levels that the buds cure to. You want your buds cured to 62% humidity for smoking. The humidity of the cured Black Widow buds were raised and normalized to 60%-62% humidity and gained approximately 35%-40% more weight and volume as they cured.

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-02-07_-_001.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-02-07_-_002.JPG

I'm reading up on drying and curing right now and how important humidity is im still two months away from harvest but I don't want to mess up all my time and effort by not curing the right way. Does anyone know a good thread or website on curing?

Due to a lower back injury I was not able to harvest with my normal drying method and the buds became drier then usual due to the low humidity the building currently has for other flowering cannabis plants.

Here is my usual method of harvesting.

When I harvest I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

For trimming I use Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, they come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Titanium Micro Tip Easy Action Scissors No.5

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - Perfect Gardens

Read through your thread. Great journal I must say. Lots of time taken and done very thorough. Major appreciation!!

That said, you had 540w of actual LED lighting. You netted 251g in the end. Just under .5g per actual watt. I know they "sponsor" you but being objective, what do you think of their lighting or LED in general? I know different strains produce different amounts but for a light claiming to be equivalent to a 600w HPS, it seems to fall very short. You used 3 of them in your grow for nearly 600w actual LED. Id expect a good bit more yield. You had what the manufacturer claims as 3x600w HPS. I know with 1800w of HPS, youd blow away that yield.

If I am way off base though, please correct me. Im just doing a lot of reading about LED and trying to gain as much knowledge as possible.

Anything JohnC? I saw you visited this thread but neglected to comment. I am just asking for honest opinions and facts. I am really trying to understand this LED thing and most of what I have seen and read has been on par with your grow. You have some fantastic plants in this thread, there is no doubt. I am just trying to justify spending $1500 for 3 of these lights that do not produce what 1 600w HPS would produce. Something just does not add up?

I am not trying to start issues as I know you were using "sponsored" lighting, but just looking for the truth about LED and quality products. That seems hard to come by around here. Lush promotes your grow and their product like its the best (and priced that way) but I do not understand the yield with as much as you had.
Read through your thread. Great journal I must say. Lots of time taken and done very thorough. Major appreciation!!

That said, you had 540w of actual LED lighting. You netted 251g in the end. Just under .5g per actual watt. I know they "sponsor" you but being objective, what do you think of their lighting or LED in general? I know different strains produce different amounts but for a light claiming to be equivalent to a 600w HPS, it seems to fall very short. You used 3 of them in your grow for nearly 600w actual LED. Id expect a good bit more yield. You had what the manufacturer claims as 3x600w HPS. I know with 1800w of HPS, youd blow away that yield.

If I am way off base though, please correct me. Im just doing a lot of reading about LED and trying to gain as much knowledge as possible.

I have 8 LED pannnels and from my experience they save you a ton of money in the long run with your electric bill they save you money on cooling because they generate hardly any heat and they last forever well for 50k hours and the ones I use came with a five year warranty that will replace any part. The par on my panels are the same as a 1000 hps im not going to say the name of them because there not a sponsor and I don't want to disrespect Johns thread. That said I have only used LED pannnels and I love them so far no cooling fans or tubes you just hang them and your ready to go.

I have 8 LED pannnels and from my experience they save you a ton of money in the long run with your electric bill they save you money on cooling because they generate hardly any heat and they last forever well for 50k hours and the ones I use came with a five year warranty that will replace any part. The par on my panels are the same as a 1000 hps im not going to say the name of them because there not a sponsor and I don't want to disrespect Johns thread. That said I have only used LED pannnels and I love them so far no cooling fans or tubes you just hang them and your ready to go.

Couldn't agree more with this this! I have only used LEDS but all my buddies still use HPS and I can't see myself swapping over. Air cooled hoods, tapping the electricity (or pay stupidly high bills) more fans have to be used and if your timer fails then your plants will burn.
In terms of yield, they cannot match HPS yet on the lower end lights...but 10 years ago you couldn't flower with LEDS and now they create some beautiful buds.
I wont mention other brands but lush and a few others out their produce amazing products me you WILL save money in the long run, depending on the size of your grow and the cost of your electric you can make your investment back very quickly.

Even if they yeild a little less the money you save is worth it and money for money I think the LEDs will produce more in the end. I can cover a way bigger area with my 8 pannnels if I used hps to cover the same area my electric bills would be a ton more. So I might not get as big of yields but I'm not paying all that extra money and the yields aren't that much smaller. Like you said you never have to worry about your bulb blowing or any of the extra stuff you have to worry about with hps. I'm always worried about fire hazards I have a fire extinguisher in each room and outside of the rooms I would be more worried with the extra heat and wiring and ballast and the extra fans you have to use with hps. But that's me to each there own everyone knows for a fact hps performs very well but for the money I'll stick with my LEDs

Thats what I am getting at though. The cost of LED to match a single 1000w HPS in yield is ridiculous. Ive done the math and I believe LED can possibly save you money over a 5 year service time provided the yields are there. This is why I am asking JohnC about this and why he believes his Lush LEDs are worth it if they are not producing.

with the right led panels and growing it right you can still hit heavy yields there are guys getting close to a gram a watt

Back
Top Bottom