KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

I got lost in your trichome pics... but now I'm here :) how beautiful, great job KJC! As if you need to hear that from me.

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Here is a link for the Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller used during this Grow Journal and Review.

I was given the choice of either staying a Staff Writer or a Product Reviewer and believe I would best fit into the Product Reviewer category for the primary type of assignments that I will take on and the change was made. I enjoy new products and technology as well! I am very thankful for all the opportunity's that 420 Magazine and my 420 Magazine sponsors Lush Lighting and PerfectGardens.com have brought to me allowing me to honestly Review the products used in this Grow Journal and Review. Links for my Grow Journals and Product Reviews can be found in my signature. To be invited When I have a new Grow Journal and Review I now send out invitations. Add me to your Contacts by clicking on my name and selecting Add as Contact for invitations to new Grow Journals and Product Reviews.
Great review Maharaja J of C I am glad to see you adopt this I believe you to be a very honest person I thank you for this an where is the 420 link to it we still smoke an we need some thing like this ,, seeing the chart an temps Well it is Padmavatis Birthday in a couple O weeks I would LOVE to get this for her ,, Sorry I am a lil excited is there a outlet in the UK or Europe I feel I wanna help a sponsor:thanks:

Which 420 Magazine sponsor product are you asking about Jaga?

Maharaja I dont wanna seem like I am creeping but the review for the Vape was so well explained
I got the idea you was so very good at explaining the good and/or bad bits of an iatem your LED grow comparison was what pushed me to get an LED light myself ,, I know I havent got the same LED set ups But I am confident that if I get the chance I will be going to LUSH LIGHTING I think the way you explained about the feeding an showed all the charts ,, you are so very good at doing this sort of stuff and 420 I am sure thank our licky stars that we have you with us:circle-of-love:

When I saw the pictures of the dried buds and the close ups of the trichs, I couldn't help but think they look like pictures from another planet, or something along those lines.. Hell, you could probably blow one or two of those pictures up and hang them on your wall as art!!! Phenomenal grow!!!

Maharaja I dont wanna seem like I am creeping but the review for the Vape was so well explained
I got the idea you was so very good at explaining the good and/or bad bits of an iatem your LED grow comparison was what pushed me to get an LED light myself ,, I know I havent got the same LED set ups But I am confident that if I get the chance I will be going to LUSH LIGHTING I think the way you explained about the feeding an showed all the charts ,, you are so very good at doing this sort of stuff and 420 I am sure thank our licky stars that we have you with us:circle-of-love:

Ah thank you kindly Jaga! The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x have performed very well and produced more aromatic, more resinous and denser buds then I have previously grown under High Pressure Sodium lights!

I have my new KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review where you can see my Black Widow strain cannabis plants that I have grown from seed and will show and instruct how to select a female cannabis plant as a mother plant for stable genetics for future perpetual grows. The Black Widow plants are under the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's placed 12" above the canopy.

I also have 1 new Grow Journal and Review in my signature.

For invites to my Grow Journals and Product Reviews add me to your friends list by clicking on my name @KingJohnC and select "+Add as Contact".

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal and Review Conclusion

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products used in this Grow Journal and Review)

This Grow Journal and Review has been sponsored by Lush Lighting and V.P. of Operations @Lush Lighting

Lush_Lighting_Logo_with_Transparent_Background_800x.png

This Grow Journal and Review has also been sponsored by @JJ Bones at Perfectgardens.com

PerfectGardens_com_Logo_new_800x.png

Perfect Gardens Discount Code 5% off : 420mag

When I decided to test the performance of the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x LED light panel I did not believe that the majority of people who will use the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x LED light panels will extensively train their cannabis plants to produce as many colas as I often do, I decided to grow several plants of different size to test how the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x would really perform. I decided to grow 4 large plants and 2 size smaller plants to test the effective illumination distance from the LED light panel that the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x would grow plants for those people who chose to grow small plants or larger plants. This Grow Journal and Review was not based on a gram per watt expectation of above 0.62 grams per watt for the different size plants grown.

Hydro LED Light | Lush Lighting | 888-960-4LED

Lush Lighting has supplied 1x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x.png
I noticed how quickly all the plants in vegetative growth began to respond to the full spectrum light from the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x. I can report explosive growth in vegetative growth with using the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x LED light panel performing as well or better than a standard 4200 Kelvin Metal Halide light bulb with an Digital Dimmable ballast. In the first few days the plants fan leaves began to extend to a higher angle upward and explosive growth began and continued throughout vegetative growth.

The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x LED light panel has exceeded my expectations for vegetative growth! The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x is an excellent LED light panel for vegetative growth!

In flowering the plants quickly developed white pistils and soon began to form calyxes and sugar leaves covered with trichomes. I was surprised by how many more trichomes were on the buds and fan leaves compared to using High Pressure Sodium light bulbs with Digital Dimmable ballasts by contrast with the same genetics that I have also flowered under High Pressure Sodium Lights. The AK47x Alaskan Thunder, AK48 #3, Hindu Kush #2 and Hindu Kush #3 all had the highest density of trichomes that I have seen on these genetics. I underestimated how tall the 3x AK48 #3's would grow under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and could not place the tallest top portions of each AK48 #3 under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x LED light panel. When I telephoned Matt Johnson at Lush Lighting thinking I would most likely be forced to Suppercrop the tallest branches of each AK48 #3 to allow placement under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x, Matt Johnson suggested placing several Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED light panels on an angle towards the unlit tops of each AK48 #3 instead. Only a few days later the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's arrived and were placed in Grow Bay #1 angled towards each of the AK48 #3 previously unlit areas and the colas that were previously unlit for 20 days began to grow quickly. I noticed how the buds grew more compact and denser in flower under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's than the same genetics had previously when grow under High Pressure Sodium lights. The AK47x Alaskan Thunder, AK48 #3's, Hindu Kush #2 and Hindu Kush #3 aroma each intensified when grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's compared to growing the same genetics under High Pressure Sodium Lights. The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x will produce trim-able buds up to 48" from the LED light panel. I noticed a very large change in the amount of cloudy trichomes came early and lasted the majority of flowering. Many more trichomes were cloudy earlier and matured faster under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x then the same genetics flowered under High Pressure Sodium lights. I feel all of the plants could have been harvested at Flower Day 65 and had fully developed in size by Flower Day 80 and would best have harvested the plants between Flower Day 65 and Flower Day 80 amber trichomes had developed if I had not wanted a high percentage of amber trichomes on my buds at harvest.

The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED light panels have exceeded my expectation in flowering! I can report excellent results in flowering with the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x! The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x are excellent LED light panels for flowering!

Perfect Gardens Discount Code 5% off : 420mag

Advanced Gardening for Indoor Hydroponic Grow Rooms and Organic Greenhouses

Phresh Filter 6in x 24in 550CFM carbon filter, Vortex Inline Fan 6 inch 452CFM controlled by a Titan Controls® Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller supplied by PerfectGardens.com

Phresh Filter 6in x 24in 550CFM - Perfect Gardens

Aluminum tops and bases for reduced weight. Half the weight of other filters.
46mm (1.8") RC-48 activated, certified virgin carbon bed.
Machine packed carbon means more carbon and less movement.
Cone shaped internal base for optimum air flow.
Sealed, bagged, boxed and labeled directly after being manufactured for
optimum life span, handling and presentation.
51% open air custom mesh.
Unique “Anti Air Bypass” System.
Large selection of sizes available to fit any application.
Flange & pre-filter included.

Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM - Perfect Gardens

These high performance inline fans feature superior steel construction with powder coated baked paint and convenient North-American sizes from 4 to 12 inches. Speed controllable and balanced motors with permanently lubricated ball bearings ensure vibration-free operation. Proudly made in Canada by Atmosphere. The Vortex Powerfan comes with a 6' power cord, ready to plug in, installed by the manufacturer. These blowers feature a 10 year warranty.

Titan Controls® Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller - Perfect Gardens

Automatically increases or decreases fan speed based on controller set points. Allows user to adjust deadband range to meet garden requirements. Temperature control range is 55°F to 95°F. 6 foot temperature probe is accurate to within 2°F. Plastic enclosure protects internal components from dust, rust and moisture. 6 Amps maximum/120 Volts/60 Hz.

The Phresh Filter 6in x 24in 550CFM carbon filter and Vortex Inline Fan 6 inch 452CFM have worked perfectly to both control ventilation and odor. I have not had any problems with odors leaking from the grow area to other areas of the building during this Grow Journal and Review.

I selected the Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller to primarily regulate the ventilation and temperature of my Grow Bay #1. the Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller has worked perfectly to control both the ventilation and temperature of Grow Bay #1. I experienced seasonal rain that at time greatly increased the humidity levels of Grow Bay #1 to the upper acceptable levels for flowering. You want from 30% -50% humidity for flowering. During these times of higher acceptable humidity levels I set the daytime temperature to 78° Fahrenheit allowing the Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller to regulate the ventilation during the day and set the nighttime temperature to 65° Fahrenheit allowing the Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller to run the Vortex Inline Fan 6 inch 452CFM continuously to reduce any humidity buildup in Grow Bay #1 during the nighttime phase. I believe that this greatly reduced the chance of powdery mildew on the plants in Grow Bay #1 during times of high humidity.

I feel that in drier locations or during the winter months that the Titan Controls Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Controller would perfectly control grow area ventilation and temperature control.

To deal with seasonal high humidity I feel that a Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer would better control ventilation, temperature and humidity in the grow area.

Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer - Perfect Gardens

The Saturn® 5 is a digitally based environmental controller featuring a short cycle timer for CO2 enrichment. It uses a 15 ft remote sensor to operate your temperature, humidity, CO2 system and night time gear. This controller gives you the ability to set day and night temperature levels. It has a LCD display and color coded push buttons for easy programming. This device also offers min/max data-logging capabilities for temperature and humidity. Plastic enclosure protects internal components from dust, rust and moisture. 15 Amps maximum/120 Volts/60 Hz

Nutrients used in this Grow Journal and Review

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soilless mediums.

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

I use Snow Storm Ultra as a foliar spray at 1.25 milliliters per liter in flower every 7-10 days and discontinue

use 1 week before harvest.

I will only spray Snow Storm Ultra just before the lights go off for the darkness phase of flowering.

https://emeraldtriangle.biz

I also use General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom and KoolBloom Dry in flower.

I use General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom at 1.25-2.5 milliliters per gallon from the start of flower until 3 weeks

prior to harvest then use General Hydroponics KoolBloom Dry for 2 weeks at 0.8 milligrams per

gallon and discontinue use 3-5 days prior to harvest.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: KoolBloom

I am using Floralicious Plus at 0.70 milliliters per gallon under LED light panels

Plants grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium. I use Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus at 5 milliliters per gallon.

Harvest

AK47x Alaskan Thunder 17 grams
Ak48 #3 clone #1 71.7+3.7+0.9= 76.3 grams
AK48 #3 clone #2 90.2 grams
AK48 #3 clone #3 106 grams
Hindu Kush #2 20.2 grams
Hindu Kush #3 56.6 grams
----------------------------------
366.3 grams total

Lush Lighting Dominator 2x used 435 watts x 97 days = 42,195 watts
Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x used 180x3 watts= 540 watts x 37 = 19,980 watts
----------------------------------
62,175 watts used / 97 days = 640.98 watts average used

0.571 grams per watt

The buds have now fully cured! The dried buds that were grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's are very heavy for their size, much denser then the same genetics grown under High Pressure Sodium lights. The flavor of each strain and phenotype is more concentrated and more intensified then the same genetics grown under High Pressure Sodium lights. The total yield may be slightly reduced from High pressure Sodium harvests but there is a great difference in the aroma, taste, density and amount of trichomes on the buds that I have grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's. The same genetics were also grown under High Pressure Sodium lights to compare the difference. When smoked in my pipe the ground buds grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's smoke to a very small amount of white ash, 1/3 as much as the ash from the buds harvested under High Pressure Sodium lights. When vaporized in my Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer the buds grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's produce 6-7 bags of dense vapor and reduce to approximately 1/3-1/4 of the vaporized cannabis. When vaporized in my Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer the same genetics grown under High Pressure Sodium lights produce 4 bags of dense vapor by comparison.

You can see my photographs of the buds grown under High Pressure Sodium and the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's here KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review. Please note the increased size of the trichomes and density of the trichomes on the buds grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's compared the same genetics grown under High Pressure Sodium lights.

With Topping and Low Stress Training I believe that the full spectrum Lush Lighting Dominator 2x is capable of growing 4x large 100+ gram per plants in vegetative growth and flowering.

Every piece of equipment has worked without issue during this Grow Journal and Review.

I would like to thank 420 Magazine for this opportunity to work with Lush Lighting and PerfectGardens.com who have both shown me their primary goal is to help growers produce their medicine easily with the growers best interests in mind. Products are in stock and shipped quickly! It has been a pleasure working with Lush Lighting and PerfectGardens.com!

I will answer any questions that you may have that I am able to!

I would like to thank each and every one of you for viewing and participating in my KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal and Review!

This Grow Journal and Review would not be a success without you!

Conclusion

With medical patients facing restrictions on plant counts and amount of dried cannabis buds that can be kept as medicine it only makes sense to grow the best smelling, best tasting, densest buds and strongest medicine that they can produce to ensure consistent medicinal quality per dosage. Using the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's has established a new standard for aroma, taste, density and effect for my cannabis.

I applaud you on your grow review and conclusions, thankyou kjc, for the time and effort you put in to make sure people are getting the correct information, :peace:

Here are some videos from @JJ Bones Joey and Mark Boutwell II at PerfectGardens.com explaining why you can place your trust in doing business with PerfectGardens.com

Here are some videos from @JJ Bones Joey at PerfectGardens.com explaining the Difference Between Base & Additives, How to set an Analog Timer to 18 on 6 off and Mark Boutwell II explaining Amp, Fuses, Watts and More

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom