KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

I have green LEDs in some of my best working panels... There are a lot of discussions about the benefit or harm in the light forum. All I can say is the panels work, why is beyond me and would they do better without? ... I will never know unless I cover or replace them

Green light, while not related to the peak receptor spectra for Chlorophyll, has been found to be necessary for plant function regulation. After reading the below abstract, I was very happy to have purchased LED panels with green specta output. :peace::Namaste:

Green light: a signal to slow down or stop

Copy/Paste

""

Green light: a signal to slow down or stop

Kevin M. Folta1,2,* and
Stefanie A. Maruhnich2

+ Author Affiliations

1Horticultural Sciences Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
2Graduate Program in Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA

*To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: kfolta@ifas.ufl.edu

Received April 24, 2007.
Revision received May 16, 2007.
Accepted May 21, 2007.

Next Section
Abstract

Light has a profound effect on plant growth and development. Red and blue light best drive photosynthetic metabolism, so it is no surprise that these light qualities are particularly efficient in advancing the developmental characteristics associated with autotrophic growth habits. Photosynthetically inefficient light qualities also impart important environmental information to a developing plant. For example, far-red light reverses the effect of phytochromes, leading to changes in gene expression, plant architecture, and reproductive responses. Recent evidence shows that green light also has discrete effects on plant biology, and the mechanisms that sense this light quality are now being elucidated. Green light has been shown to affect plant processes via cryptochrome-dependent and cryptochrome-independent means. Generally, the effects of green light oppose those directed by red and blue wavebands. This review examines the literature where green light has been implicated in physiological or developmental outcomes, many not easily attributable to known sensory systems. Here roles of green light in the regulation of vegetative development, photoperiodic flowering, stomatal opening, stem growth modulation, chloroplast gene expression and plant stature are discussed, drawing from data gathered over the last 50 years of plant photobiological research. Together these reports support a conclusion that green light sensory systems adjust development and growth in orchestration with red and blue sensors. ""

@KingJohnC I notice when you talk about the lights you say the full name of the lights everytime, "lush dominator 2x" ive noticed it when i was just a lerker on these forums,. whats up with that? it reminds me of a sales ad, or like someone trying to sell a product, not accusing you, just pinging on my alert radar. lol.. from what i understand what green does is makes it where you can see the plant right in all the red and blue light so you can detect issues with your plants,.. i have used green lighting for my flower room since the 90's so i can go in when the lights are out and not risk shocking the plants by turning the lights on.. its funny how a tiny light leak around the window can cause a few hermy spots but the green light never does...im interested to know more about this green spectrum.. ive read many conflicting issues after a friend wanted to take my green leds out of my light and put more reds and blues..

The reason why I use the full name of the product is there are many company's and LED light panels and I wish to be clear about the make and model of the LED light panels that I refer to. I use the full name of products that I use so that when I refer to them there is no confusion over who is the manufacturer and what model of product I refer to.

SmokeyMcFly is actually right. Although we do not directly use green diodes, there is some green from the yellow and light blue mixing. The green spectrum does aid chlorophyll with the ability to harvest energy. It is not one of the primary light absorbing pigments, but when highly concentrated can stimulate growth. It's more of a supplemental color that assists in the entire photosynthetic process. Great question :)

Renae

SmokeyMcFly is actually right. Although we do not directly use green diodes, there is some green from the yellow and light blue mixing. The green spectrum does aid chlorophyll with the ability to harvest energy. It is not one of the primary light absorbing pigments, but when highly concentrated can stimulate growth. It's more of a supplemental color that assists in the entire photosynthetic process. Great question :)

Renae

I'm working from memory and could be mistaken...but wasn't there was some mention of Lush working with Cree, to get what you (Lush) wanted spectrum wise. Can you explain in general terms, without going into what may be proprietary - what was meant? Thank you in advance!

-CS

That is true. Our lights were mostly Cree until Cree changed their plug-in configuration. So, we are changing ours, as well, to match. Thanks for asking :)

Thanks for the Review KingJohn. Every time I read a new journal I learn a lot. I look forward to checking out some of your other journals as well. Your information is direct and too the point. It was a long session but got through it in one sitting.

Hi King Ive read a lot about you in quite a few diff forums, so thought maybe u could answer a question I have. Do you know if anyone has ever tried the gas lantern routine with led's. So sorry to jump in on your thread but from what ive read u be the man to ask!! Thanks Buddy.

Welcome to 420 Magazine Buddybud! Yes there are a few 420 Magazine members who are testing Gas Lantern Routine lighting schedule with LED light panels. I have not tested Gas Lantern Routine lighting schedule using LED light panels to determine the results. I believe that the harvests are larger using conventional 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness lighting schedule than using Gas Lantern Routine lighting schedule.

Welcome to 420 Magazine Buddybud! Yes there are a few 420 Magazine members who are testing Gas Lantern Routine lighting schedule with LED light panels. I have not tested Gas Lantern Routine lighting schedule using LED light panels to determine the results. I believe that the harvests are larger using conventional 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness lighting schedule than using Gas Lantern Routine lighting schedule.

GLR isn't used for flowering...DLS is :)

Good distinction! I have used Diminishing Light Schedule with High Pressure Sodium Lights and believe that the resulting harvest are larger with using conventional 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness than using Diminishing Light Schedule.

King do you think it is possible for only 1 treatment of the Ultra Snow Storm in a foliar spray to make a big difference? I swear since I applied it last Fri. the top bud leaves are literally curling at the base they are so heavy with resin on Queenie... At first I thought it was something wrong with them so I looked at them with the loupe and it is literally covered in trichromes.... I've never grown WW especially in an auto but this is awesome....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom