Nute burn?

Hunnox

420 Member
:( Hi, got my baby on the 8 day now and i love to see her growing. Sadly today i found this(pics ) after i chage the nutes from 1.5mg to 3mg last night. I woke up and the tips were yellow, also seems some brown spots are also groing from inside. I asume its a nute burn? I already lower back to 1.mg /L after a clean water 10L "flush". I had gave her water 2x with 1mg grow,1mg bloom, 1mg calmag. Will keep this as standard for this week and see if it stops spreading. Any help will be highly appreciated

Attachments

• 20200427_173638.jpg
    20200427_173638.jpg
    943.6 KB · Views: 79
My guess is most definitely. SHes pretty small for nutes! Also make sure to let her dry out well between waterings. Weed needs a good dry cycle as much as anything else you can do for it. CHeers mate, gl! :yahoo:

Ei, thanks for the reply, but are you sure about letting her dry ? Or not giving her nutes ? I study that we can never let coco grows dry or feed just plain water . This is my first grow and only study for a couple of weeks before making this 1st attempt but im pretty sure i should not ..seems the "burn" has stop tho.

Regards
R.S

Attachments

• received_1364366583750241.jpeg
    received_1364366583750241.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 62
Hello , yes water your coco every day , a plant that small needs a very very low dose of nutes and water about 3 inches from the center of the plant in a circle around it , you dont need to soak the whole pot as it doesnt have roots out that far yet , they will travel down ward mostly at first and then in a circular motion a round the main root , 150 ppm is plenty , i hope you have a ph meter and a ppm meter (pens ) these 2 items are crucial for growing in coco as it is a form of hydroponics , 5.8-6.0 ph is good for a plant that small if you need meters you can get them off the big A for about $50 bucks each , Hanna makes a good meter and so does blue labs but they tend to be a little more expensive .so yes on the never let it dry out and low on the ppm at this stage , you cant over water coco , are you in cloth pots as plastic pots suck for coco , cloth pots drain alot better and allow alot more oxygen to the roots , i recommend either distilled water or r.o. water for coco also ,too much salt and shit in tap water for coco , try to keep your rez temp around 72 degrees if possible and use a air pump and stone to super charge your water , in general term yellow means more nutes brown tips means to back off on the ppm of nutes , any damage that is done to the leaves will not repair it self watch the new growth at the top of the plant this is a good indicator you are in the sweet spot .

as these plants get larger yes you will have to soak the whole pot to a good 25 % run off , coco is water often and lower ppm , you are feeding daily just at a lower ppm than soil , leds will call for a added calmag supplement also in coco , i also like to add a small amount of silica to my water once a week , but just watch it will bump your ph up , i dont even need ph up or down as the nutes drop the ph down then all i do is add a small amount of silica to bring it back up to about 5.9

Thanks for your reply.
SO far im using only Coco flora grow 1.5mg and Coco flora bloom 1mg from GH , also cal-mag 1mg all in 1L water.
Im also using Bottled water as it has a natural PH of 5.8 . Im watering about 1L in 24h ( divided in 3x) and keeping a 24h lights on. It has now 10 days since germination . Maybe its too much? Im allways getting about 20% runoff at each watering.
Pics of nutes and a fresh photo of her below.
I do not own a ph pen or a ppm meter, but i assume since my water is naturally 5.8ph it should be on the sweet spot.

Also have a 250w hps light at a distance of 95cm amd 2 low power fans on the little tent. But since temps are already at 29c/30c i order a viperspectra v300w to switch the hps light on this vegetive stage and get a lower temp. I pretend to use both the leds and hps at same time for flowering. Is this something usual to do or is it wrong?
Regards
RS

Attachments

• 20200430_210228.jpg
    20200430_210228.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200417_145816.jpg
    20200417_145816.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 60
How do you know your water is 5.8 with out a meter plus when you add the nutes it drops the ph of the water ,test strips are not even close to accurate if that is what you are using plus water ph changes through out the year spring winter fall etc and you need to know the ppm of the water you are using before hand so you know much nutrients to add to get to a set number say 350 rpm total

Back
Top Bottom