Nutrient feeding mystery

Ifishhigh

Ok so my grow has had a problem and a guy helping me said try in my next grow adding a liquid calmag to my soil so I bought it for 2o bucks and I will give it a try. From whAt I read on these boards that only if I use r/o water would someone need to add it. I use city tap water but the guy said to him it looks like a mag def. I left a pic at the end if anyone wants to comment. Should I take Down ? I don't have magnifier. Ok so too the mystery. My nutes the ff trio --feeding schedule says to feed every other watering. But also says to feed twice a week??? If I water my plants with 20% run off they'll stay wet for 5 or 6 days, making it impossible to feed twice a week. So should I not worry about so much run off and water less. Or not worry about feeding twice a week like it says. It's confusing. Is anyone watering/feeding 3 times a week? I'm only once twice if I'm lucky. Anyways here's my pic of what went wrong. The guy helping me also added they look like there ready to be taken down. U guys agree ? I actually forgot to upload pic. So I'll do that in next post

image16930.jpg

Here's the ladies I was talking about

What PPM are you feeding them
What is temp/humidity of room

Looks like nute burn
Can be mistaken for mag deff but your lower leaves aren't yellowing and I see leaves taco-ing
Only way to tell if they are ready is look at the trichs,but those look real close
Also I would water with runoff and let pot dry out as you have been
FF wants to sell nutes so they don't mind you wasting them

And you shouldn't need cal/mag if you are using tap

Man U really think I nute burned my plants !!
I thought I was pretty careful not to overdo it. I have never checked my ppm before
I didn't know I had to in soil. I already bought cal-mag plus . I might as well use it next time

I use tap water and I still add in cal-mag to my solutions. It all depends on the local tap water, no two are the same. I wouldn't water any less, you use soil so that is why it takes longer to drain. To improve the drainage add in some perlite next time (maybe make the medium 20% perlite and 80% soil?). This way the plant will dry out faster allowing you to fit in 2 waterings per week if not 3. I would probably stop using nutes at this point since you are pretty close to harvest, and give them some ph adjusted water. The leaves are in rough shape, I wouldn't want to leave the plant like that for too long.

To re phrase I said you shouldn't have to, but you may
You need. TDS or EC Meter to know for sure
I can't say if you did or didn't more info is needed but based on your pics if it was that bad a mag deff on topi would think your lower leaves would show more yellowing as it will rob mag from lower leaves to supply upper
You will get a better diagnoses if you complete the following

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

To re phrase I said you shouldn't have to, but you may
You need. TDS or EC Meter to know for sure
I can't say if you did or didn't more info is needed but based on your pics if it was that bad a mag deff on topi would think your lower leaves would show more yellowing as it will rob mag from lower leaves to supply upper
You will get a better diagnoses if you complete the following

What Strain is it? Critical kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid 80 indica
How Many Plants? 4
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Last week flower
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Last week
Indoor or Outdoor? In
Soil or Hydro? Happy frog
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Straight from bag
If Soil... What Size Pot? #3
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 400 mh/hps combo
Is it Air Cooled? It has a fan
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 65 to 70 f
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40 45
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Always adjust feeding to 6.5
Any Pests? Yes fruit flies/fungus gnats
How Often are you Watering? Once every 4 or 5
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Full strength ff trio
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4X4 tent

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.
please help

Kind of looked like K - potassium def to me as it is in late flowering & can not imagine many more weeks to go !

In soil grows i myself feed twice weekly & normally the 2nd feed is half strength i also use P/K nutrient/boost from early flowering to help ward off P & K defs.

Mj plants are not all the same as each individual strain may show different characteristic as some may like high amounts of ppm whilst others prefer a low ppm diet etc with others showing X,Y or W defs at certain stages of growth as another example.

Mmm even had a few bubblelicous girlys go like that on a past grow...

Oh yes fungus gnats.

The larvae of the fungus gnat is what cause's the damage to plant roots how ever young plants such as seedlings newly rooted clones to plants of a few weeks of age will be more prone to damage & that mature established plants normally can endure an infestation.

leavedeficiencies22.jpg

Listen to fuzzy he knows his stuff
Didn't mean to freak you out about nute burn
Just didn't look like cal/mag
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom