Nutrients - Advanced nutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom help

TheRealist99

Hello, Does anyone have experience with Advanced Nutrients? This may sound like a stupid question, but i'm wondering if i can mix the Micro, and Grow base nutrients in the same bottle or whether you have to mix them separately in their own bottles. I know you can feed your plants the Micro and Grow at the same time but like i said, i'm just wondering if they have to be mixed separately or in the same bottle.:420::thanks:

Re: Nutrients (Advanced nutrients) Grow, Micro, Bloom help

They need to be kept seperate until your mixing them for use. They come in different bottles for a reason

Would recommend mixing them separately, As with BPN three they recommend mixing one by one with your water mix them together and they don't jive they need to be dissolved separately, OG

they don't mix together they tend to clump and you will not get the right nutrient value out of it that you need.

Thought so, it's pretty obvious. But just thought i'd ask to see if anyone has tried mixing it together. Thanks my 420 friends.:420::thanks:

I know you can feed your plants the Micro and Grow at the same time but like i said, i'm just wondering if they have to be mixed separately or in the same bottle.

It sounds like you're saying that you use the Micro and Grow, but not the Bloom. That's not the way to do it. You use all three together - there are instructions on the bottles and on their website.

They need to be kept seperate until your mixing them for use. They come in different bottles for a reason

And that reason is precipitation. It's not enough to simply say what not to do, explaining why not to do it is important.

So here it is: consider putting sugar in your tea or salt into water. There's only so much that can be added before no more dissolves. And if you add as much salt to water as it can hold you won't be able to get much - if any - sugar to go into it. Hydroponic nutrients work the same way.

Take the final, ready-to-use nutrient solution at one end of the scale. Every nutrient is present and in all the right ratios. There is a LOT of water involved because the plants need water. But your nutrient bottles on the store shelves... you don't want tons of water involved. Every gallon of water is over 8 pounds of weight that has to be shipped around, stored on the shelf, and so on. That costs a lot of time, money, and space. So you want to concentrate it down as much as possible - remove water but keep the nutrient ratios intact.

But you can only do so much. If you take too much water out you end up right back at the old salt/sugar problem... stuff that was dissolved in the water stops staying dissolved. Quick aside on that: table salt is sodium chloride right? Well when it dissolves into water it splits up - that's what dissolving does. It becomes sodium ions and chloride ions. If too much water evaporates they link back up into sodium chloride again.

Nutrients have the added problem of having a LOT of different ions in there. Some of those combinations of ions are very soluble, some of them are nearly insoluble. But if you can get the insoluble ones dissolved separately they'll stay dissolved when the second one is added as long as neither gets too concentrated.

That's how they build these 2 and 3 part nutrients at concentration levels that minimize the amount of water required for shipping. As much as possible you stick the pairs of ions that don't like to stay dissolved in water in separate bottles. But if you mix them directly at those concentrations suddenly those ions will combine, drop out of solution, and refuse to re-dissolve for you. Once that's done it can't be undone. It's like trying to unburn a match. Even if you keep all the energy and particles given off by the fire, no amount of pushing things together and putting energy into them will put it back together.

tl;dr

If you mix nutrients at bottle-concentrations the nutrients form useless solids and screw everything up.

Yes, i understand that. Interesting information though. Thanks anyway for the advanced knowledge. But you have me wondering now because of what you said about me only using the Micro and Grow on my small plants and not the bloom and said i should be using all 3. I have the 3-part PH Perfect base nutrients from Advanced Nutrients but at the moment i am only using the Grow and Micro because i am only in the Veg. stage. I have the bloom, but will only use it when the plants are in bloom/budding stage along with the Micro and Grow. That is how your supposed to use it right? Unless i'm missing something.. I can't see how bloom fertilizer would be essential for the Veg stage... From what i understand you use the Micro and Grow during the Veg. stage and in the budding stage you use all 3, Micro, Grow & Bloom. If i am not using my nutrients right then please correct me, but i'm 99.9% positive i'm using them correctly. :thanks:

Yes, i understand that. Interesting information though. Thanks anyway for the advanced knowledge. But you have me wondering now because of what you said about me only using the Micro and Grow on my small plants and not the bloom and said i should be using all 3. I have the 3-part PH Perfect base nutrients from Advanced Nutrients but at the moment i am only using the Grow and Micro because i am only in the Veg. stage. I have the bloom, but will only use it when the plants are in bloom/budding stage along with the Micro and Grow. That is how your supposed to use it right? Unless i'm missing something.. I can't see how bloom fertilizer would be essential for the Veg stage... From what i understand you use the Micro and Grow during the Veg. stage and in the budding stage you use all 3, Micro, Grow & Bloom. If i am not using my nutrients right then please correct me, but i'm 99.9% positive i'm using them correctly. :thanks:

You are not correct.

As I said, you use all three bottles at all times. This is what the bottles say. This is what the AN website says.

For cuttings/seedlings you feed them 1mL/L.
For small plants you feed them 2mL/L.
And for mature plants you feed them 4mL/L.

Of each bottle. All three bottles. You omit no bottles. At all times. Vegetative and Bloom both.

They need to change the names to a,b,c or 1,2,3. It's very important to use equal parts of AN threw the whole grow. If there's something you don't use (bloom) there's automatically nutrients that your not giving to your plants.

Back
Top Bottom