OK To Trim AutoFlower Fan Leaf?

Spalding420

Hello friends! I am on my first grow(in my signature) and I started LST a few days ago.

AutoFlower Strains - Amnesia Haze, Jack Herer, Northern Lights, and Sour Diesel

Medium - 50/50 Ocean Forest and Happy Frog mixed with a bag of perlite.

Pot - 5 gallon plastic white bucket with drilled drainage holes

Location - Florida Outdoors. 10hrs of sunlight, and I bring them on my screened porch at 7pm and they go under my Mars Pro II 128 Cree from 7pm-3am then I rest them until the next morning

My question is this...with the LST I just started, am I ok to trim a couple fan leaves on each plant? I know autoflowers don’t be have a lot of time to recover so I was hoping to get some advice. So far, I’ve only trimmed 1 or so off each plant, and that was only because the a few tips were burnt(leaf pictured was not burnt) and it was covering potential bud spots. Anyone shed any light on how many fan leaves an AutoFlower can get away being cut?

MANY THANKS

Attachments

• 9C789C9F-1557-45AD-81AD-C614C958613E.jpeg
    9C789C9F-1557-45AD-81AD-C614C958613E.jpeg
    629.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 4C38D91E-79E1-4F61-8DAB-313A8B17BFBF.jpeg
    4C38D91E-79E1-4F61-8DAB-313A8B17BFBF.jpeg
    803.3 KB · Views: 227
  • DA7EA2FE-FD18-42EA-897A-FC3DF30CA2CA.jpeg
    DA7EA2FE-FD18-42EA-897A-FC3DF30CA2CA.jpeg
    862.9 KB · Views: 223
  • AC43F2BE-3108-4B7E-9491-71B366F42DE2.jpeg
    AC43F2BE-3108-4B7E-9491-71B366F42DE2.jpeg
    740.7 KB · Views: 216
  • D7FFC348-861D-4C66-AE95-9CD6D0F25157.jpeg
    D7FFC348-861D-4C66-AE95-9CD6D0F25157.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 212
I saw my buddy doing that. When I asked him why, he said he was trying to get a plant to not produce as much as it possibly could because he was trying to get his old lady to agree to the purchase of a stronger light, and that he figured the best way to get a plant to not be all it could be would be to start ripping off its solar cells / nutrient storage devices because not only would the plant then lack them, it would further decrease its efficiency by devoting energy towards replacing them.

Made sense to me, lol.

and that he figured the best way to get a plant to not be all it could be would be to start ripping off its solar cells / nutrient storage devices because not only would the plant then lack them, it would further decrease its efficiency by devoting energy towards replacing them

Made sense to me, lol.

Hmmmm that’s interesting man! While I’m all for ways of convincing the wifey to purchase bigger and better toys, I’m not sure what to think about decreasing the plants efficiency...I’m certainly no expert. But, to me it would seem that if you got rid of a couple/few fan leafs, you could introduce new areas for light/sun/energy that those fans were covering. Regardless, I’m having a blast and was just curious about the fan leaves.

Speaking of them, what do you do with them after you trim them? Are they smokeable at all or good for anything or just toss them? Cheers :)

Hello friends! I am on my first grow(in my signature) and I started LST a few days ago.

AutoFlower Strains - Amnesia Haze, Jack Herer, Northern Lights, and Sour Diesel

Medium - 50/50 Ocean Forest and Happy Frog mixed with a bag of perlite.

Pot - 5 gallon plastic white bucket with drilled drainage holes

Location - Florida Outdoors. 10hrs of sunlight, and I bring them on my screened porch at 7pm and they go under my Mars Pro II 128 Cree from 7pm-3am then I rest them until the next morning

My question is this...with the LST I just started, am I ok to trim a couple fan leaves on each plant? I know autoflowers don’t be have a lot of time to recover so I was hoping to get some advice. So far, I’ve only trimmed 1 or so off each plant, and that was only because the a few tips were burnt(leaf pictured was not burnt) and it was covering potential bud spots. Anyone shed any light on how many fan leaves an AutoFlower can get away being cut?

MANY THANKS

Just toss them,or use them in a salad-there's not enough of anything in them to get you high.
When you reach the point of trimming buds for drying, the "sugar" leaves are worth keeping-lots of THC on them-they're harsh to smoke,but you can make some kickass edibles out of them...

Just toss them,or use them in a salad-there's not enough of anything in them to get you high.
When you reach the point of trimming buds for drying, the "sugar" leaves are worth keeping-lots of THC on them-they're harsh to smoke,but you can make some kickass edibles out of them...
Hey bud how are ya? I glad i finally found ya lol anyway here's a pic of my Cheese by RQS they rock

Attachments

• 20190503_070811.jpg
    20190503_070811.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 20190502_182239.jpg
    20190502_182239.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 20190501_180041.jpg
    20190501_180041.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 218
You can strip some leaves to get light to a top but I wouldn’t get carried away. A little goes a long way. Just look at the plant from the top down. Any leaves blocking tops? Trim those. The fan leaves are for energy and nutrient storage. Removing to many wil just nullify your previous feedings and such. Go light

You can strip some leaves to get light to a top but I wouldn’t get carried away. A little goes a long way. Just look at the plant from the top down. Any leaves blocking tops? Trim those. The fan leaves are for energy and nutrient storage. Removing to many wil just nullify your previous feedings and such. Go light

Will do thanks Sask! I’ve trimmed about 3-4 off each plant so far and all the leaves look really healthy. I’m only trimming the ones that are really blocking bud sites. And the ones I don’t trim I LST with my pipe cleaner...really helps flatten out the plant and gets a lot of equal light to all your bud sites...loving the LST so far

What’s that?

the LST? it’s low stress training...basically you bend the plant, making the top cola no higher than the rest of the plant. you’re tricking her to send hormones to other areas not just the top...trying to get it to grow flatter with a lot more bud spots(more yield). it also helps with keeping the height down, which is nice if you’re working with limited vertical space

No. What’s the pipe cleaner? What do you use that for? I’ve never heard the term haha

Ohhh my bad! The pipe cleaner is basically a piece wire with a fuzzy coating that won’t hurt plant stems. I’m pretty sure they are used to clean smoking pipes and what not, but I’ve often used them to tie things that were somewhat delicate. And in this case it’s the leaves and branches of my girls :)

Ohhh my bad! The pipe cleaner is basically a piece wire with a fuzzy coating that won’t hurt plant stems. I’m pretty sure they are used to clean smoking pipes and what not, but I’ve often used them to tie things that were somewhat delicate. And in this case it’s the leaves and branches of my girls :)
Using pipe cleaners can be very dangerous imo
I have had big trouble one particular grow
The pipe cleaner has wire in centre,if you like to mist your plants,be careful if the wire gets wet it WILL RUST
Just be careful

Back
Top Bottom