orange rust spots on my babys

KanjaavGuy

hey ya'll what up
ok my babys, are about 2 weeks old and i have noticed these little orange/rust like spots on the leaves ...... the infected leaves feel really dry, they look like they dying..... i started them in 32oz cups with miracle grow potting mix (plan on transplanting in a few dayz), i am using cfls, 42watters on a 24 hour cycle, just switched to 18/6 last night.... i used this stuff called "sweet" every other watering 3 times so far....it came with my hps system....its supposed to have like micronutrients in it
can any1 help me with this little problem....please
thank you

Sounds like a case of fert. burn to me. To much amonia or nitrates in the soil will chemically "burn" the plant's leaves. What ratio are you mixing the miracle grow to water with? The miracle grow is usually the culprit because it is very strong and smaller plants don't handle a concentrated mixture very well. I suggest laying off the miracle grow for a while, feed them only water and maybe just using a diluted organice fert. with lower properties than the miracle grow. Also, do you have any aluminum foil in your grow room? Sometimes this can cause hot spots that can burn leaves. Also, what is your ventilation like?

wow that was fast....thank u
but see i use mircale grow potting mix, the fert i used is this stuff called "sweet" its like some kinda organic carbohydrate thingy, got micronutrients like CA and MN in it.....i use a 1partsolution to like 15-20 h20....i stopped using it..... (i never use nutes b4) just water and cfls got decent results...gonna move up to HPS 250w this time for flowerin, got some fox farm tiger bloom too.....i am gonna try flushing them after i transplant them 2morrow....thanks for the advise

Glad I could help, I would flush and use the fox farm stuff and water exclusively. This is probably your best bet. Miracle grow is real strong. Good luck growing.

Bandolero said:
hi man check your ph level it must say 6.5 to 7.0 good luck

I agree with Bandolero as well. Water that is too acidic or too base can causer the plants to burn as well. Check your PH and make sure it is in the 6.5 to 7.0 range. 6.6 to 6.8 is actually best for cannabis seeing as 7.0 is neutral.

I'm gonna say the're burns from your lights dude. I came down to look at my plants and they had the same thing..so I raised my light which was a little low, and then looked and saw that my intake fan had fallen over. It just was too hot for it.

Back
Top Bottom