Orange rust spots on older leaves: Pics

Same problem here. Any ideas? Your help b appreciated.
image22240.jpg
image22239.jpg

Try lightening up on the nutes just a tad, it seems like there's a bit of a buildup in there.

I'd flush it for a week and then drop the nutes slightly, but yea. Bear in mind a little rust on a few leaves isn't a huge deal, at worst you'll eventually drop the leaves.

I'm going big. I just added more bloom by 5ml n cal mag plus 5ml. I really think it's because of high humidity and
Ventilation because my fan didn't work for a day n I got high humidity.

Unless the humidity is high/very high I doubt its rust. If it is rust mold you can rub your hand on it and you will have rust on your fingers. If those things happen then it is rust mold.

Otherwise it is a nute/PH/transplant issue. I almost always get some of this when I transplant using FFOF soil. FFOF can be HOT and I always flush a couple times after transplant to limit this discoloration. Also runoff PH is usually low initially after transplant for me. Hot soil... A few roots get burned and these spots pop up.

Verify PH, flush and 1/2 strength nutes.

If its rust mold follow the advice of others. I have never had it with RH of 40% to 60% with good circulation in my grow.

In my experience if you see this kind of rust it's usually nutrient burn. Best way I've found to rid yourself of this is first do a flush, preferably just long enough to get the remaining nutes out. this on the head. So if you see it stop rusting but start to slow there are too few nutes and now you want to put slightly more in. Calibrate it, that's the key to having rustless leaves.

I'm going big. I just added more bloom by 5ml n cal mag plus 5ml. I really think it's because of high humidity and Ventilation because my fan didn't work for a day n I got high humidity.

In almost every situation I have experienced. Going big? will only complicate things. Adding more nutrients will increase salt build up and can lower your PH which will cause a nutrient lock out. Most people see a problem and then start adding nutrients which complicates the problem.

Ask yourself... Why is there a nutrient deficiency?

Most likely you are giving your plant everything it needs. And... for some reason it can not uptake the nutrient that is already there. MOST likely this is a PH problem. Flush with water. Get things back to neutral and then start adding nutes.

The great thing about marijuana is that even if you do the wrong things... add nutes, cause a lock out and throw off you PH. The plant will most likely survive until harvest. IT will just look like hell. Sickly, pitiful and discolored.

Im having the same problem and similiar look. This is rust, but type unknown. (Probably species tied to canna). Under a 60x hand held micro, looking at the actual rust spots (or necrotic looking areas) of the damage, one can see a series of classic rust Urediniospores. For more info and validation go to the Rust (fungus) wiki page and don't forget to donate ! This may be triggered by high humidity, Ph issues, salt buildup if you read the endless comments...or hydro shop staff, but me thinks it is introduced by outside spores entering room and the above may trigger. Just started treating w/E20 and starting an integrated, rotating fungus treatment plan including Boscalid and Pyraclastrobin...both commercial veg, fruit and nut treatment for this fungus. Will advise in future posts.

Yes this is rust. Check out my recent post below. Don't listen to hydro staff or the countless...It's a deficiency, PH fluctuation or lockout...these maybe triggers, but the rust fungal spore came from outside and is waiting to triggers or perfect conditions to takeoff. Had to did deep to verify the above. Get a handheld 60x scope and can see classic rust ureadinospores which are pictured on rust disease wiki. (Donate to them). Treatment is underway, but with only two weeks to hvst...don't want to apply any E20 or similiar commercial fungicides. Will opt for citric acid foliar and drying out medium and more air exchange. (I burn co2...another possible trigger from higher hum).

Think I had the same problem. I adjusted my fans and opened my tent to allow more circulation. The plants are in FFOF and I have added NO nutes yet. They are mid 2nd week and the problem is progressing. I only watered them one time since I picked them up 4 or 5 days ago with RO water with just a small amount of enzymes and vitamin b1 and it was pH'd to 6.5. The pots are off the ground and the soil temp is 72 degrees. Im thinking Its probably time to transplant them could that be the issue?

20151222_150941.jpg
20151222_150946.jpg
20151222_150949.jpg

I'm not sure if it applies to you, but you can get this type of damage from smoking cigarettes around your plants as well. While the carbon dioxide might be good for the plant, the tar and nicotine clog up the pores in the leaves limiting the amount of gas they can take in and expel. If you smoke near the plants, stop. It might solve your problem.
Does smoking cannabis near your plants do the same?

Back
Top Bottom