Outright newb building my own cab

flogger11

Hey everybody, total newb here, about to take the leap into this crazy home gardening world. I was origanally going to just buy a prefab unit, but after reviewing everything I felt I could do a better job cheaper myself. Here are a few pics, just getting it going, will get you guys updated as it progresses. I figure it will take me two weeks or so to complete. I have a 50cfm exhaust fan with a 115cfm in fan going in next week. I will be using two 90 watt UFO lights, a CO2 Boost Bucket, a carbon/ion scrubber (bought from SS), a seperate cloning chamber along with a full hydro setup for the flowering chamber. Do you guys think I will have enough cooling? Opinions on the rest of the build?

Thanks for the input guys! M

IMG00011-20100911-1535.jpg

IMG00010-20100911-1535.jpg

IMG00003-20100911-1522.jpg

IMG00005-20100911-1522.jpg

Re: Outright newb building my own cab...

:welcome:

115 cfm pushing in with 50 cfm pulling out? id try to balance that. or use just one with a passive intake.
How long is the exhaust and intake length and what is diameter?

:welcome:

115 cfm pushing in with 50 cfm pulling out? id try to balance that. or use just one with a passive intake.
How long is the exhaust and intake length and what is diameter?

My exhaust fan is a Panasonic .5 sone 50cfm bathroom fan, if I match say a 50cfm intake fan do you think I will have enough circulation to keep my cab cool? For intake I was going to use a 4.75 inch 115cfm muffin fan, so this wouldnt be a good match eh?

Thanks for the help! M

50 cfm might be enough for led's, if not just use the 115 for exhaust instead, and have passive intake at the bottom of cab. but be careful that the hot air from exhaust is not being recirculated back into the intake. looks like the way you have it now the bathroom fan would blow hot air down the back, so intake should be in the front.

50 cfm might be enough for led's, if not just use the 115 for exhaust instead, and have passive intake at the bottom of cab. but be careful that the hot air from exhaust is not being recirculated back into the intake. looks like the way you have it now the bathroom fan would blow hot air down the back, so intake should be in the front.

So could I go with my original plan of the 115cfm in and the Panasonic for the exhaust? I have a carbon scrubber/ionizer unit coming from SS that will be bolting up to my bathroom fan... was thinking the extra pressure from the 115cfm would help push it through the carbon. Am I off base? Also this is a stealth unit so the intake cannot be from the front... Thanks again for the help!

From what I have been reading, you want to make sure that you can maintain the temp. I think it should be around 70 or so, that being the case, I would install your lights and see what you need in order to keep the temp right.

I am not sure that you need an intake fan though, put a nice grate built in to the floor, the air will be sucked in and forced out of the top.

I do like your choice for the cabinet though, good idea.

One more thing on venting, you may also need to consider where you place the cabinet, if it is in a garage, you may need some additional cooling.

I am no expert at this, just something to think about.

I am placing this in a closet, think I am going to have problems?

Ok, I think I am going to use my 115cfm muffin fan to intake from the floor of the cab. I will be putting a few holes on the front/bottom of the cab so I have a fresh air source. Opinions?

Testing the fit and getting ready to hang mylar, cut my exhaust holes and wire the electrical box! I can almost taste the Carmelicious! :tokin:

IMG00013-20100914-1641.jpg

Thought I would give you guys an update! I changed to a 28db 49cfm intake fan and made two 2" intake holes on the sides of the cab. I also have most of my mylar in, however I ran out before I could do the floors and cloning ceiling, bummer! Anyway, opinions on the build so far? Thanks guys!

IMG00032-20100927-1155.jpg

IMG00031-20100927-1155.jpg

IMG00033-20100927-1156.jpg

IMG00035-20100927-1214.jpg

IMG00046-20100927-1526.jpg

IMG00045-20100927-1525.jpg

Back
Top Bottom