Mini Cab/SCROG Build

420toYuma

Greetings all,

I'm new to the forums and definitely hope to learn as much as I can from the seasoned growers as well as the not so seasoned growers.

With that being said, I figured the best way to introduce myself is to post a few pics of my current project: a micro Scrog cab which will eventually run a DWC veg and flowering system.

Brief Description:
I originally bought and designed the cabinet in order to run a stealth grow in an apartment closet but being really busy traveling, had to put it on hold. Now, just under a year later I wanted to revisit this project and get it up and running.

So, kick back and check out the pics of my progress. And, without a doubt I'm open to suggestions, advice and criticism.

1663804603744.png

Here's a pic of the cabinet completely lined with 1/2" sheet rock. The cabinet itself is very flimsy (Ikea) so I wanted to beef it up. I also wanted to insulate it in hopes to better control the temps inside as well as keep it quiet.

1663804612332.png

The flowering chamber.

1663804621080.png

The veg chamber.

1663804628691.png

The flower section circulation fan and homemade muffler. I designed this to run 24/7 using a 6" inline duct booster fan.

RearCircFan.jpg

Flowering chamber circulation fan/muffler attached to the back of the cab. Speaking of that, you can see another mod I had to do which was reinforce that shitty cardboard like backing that came with the cabinet with plywood.

1663804645496.png

Flowering chamber vent screen installed.

TestRun.jpg

Quick test run of the 250W HPS and circ fan. If you look closely you can see the 265cfm squirrel cage exhaust blower in the top right of the cab. I think I'll set this up to only come on when the HPS is fired up. What do you all think?

Scrubber.jpg

12"L x 6"D carbon scrubber that will attach to the exhaust blower fan.

MH.jpg

175W MH lamp which will eventually run the veg chamber.

1663804668933.png

O2 pump that will eventually run the veg and flowering DWC containers.

What it'll eventually look like with the doors closed.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I will definitely update this thread if you all are interested. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed and please offer up your suggestions and/or criticism. Looking forward to some good :yummy: comin' outta this thing....

Very nice! That cab is designed perfect! Looks real stealthy! Im going to stay posted on this one!

THX l8night... I'll be working on cleaning up the sheetrock walls this weekend. Gotta big ass tub of joint compound. LOL

Still deciding on whether or not to line everything with mylar or just go with flat white paint. Maybe someone can chime in on that one.

Also on a side note, got my Nirvana AK48 seeds in this week, along with 5 Mazar freebies. Now I'm TOO hyped to get this cab done.. Trying my best not to cut corners because I can be a little anal about stuff (my type-a personality).

No new pics to add other than the push-pull vent fans for the veg chamber. Most of the work has been drilling holes and cleaning up the sheet rock walls in prep for paint.

vegfans1.jpg

vegfans2.jpg

1663723829188.png

It reeks of stealth, nice work!!! How much vertical grow space do you have once you've placed the equipment in? where are you exhausting? Awsome awsome AWSOME!!!

It reeks of stealth, nice work!!! How much vertical grow space do you have once you've placed the equipment in? where are you exhausting? Awsome awsome AWSOME!!!

THX DeadTour09...
The veg chamber will have about 10" of vertical grow space and the flower chamber will have about 18".

I know the veg chamber is pretty low on grow space. The SCROG screen in the flower chamber will be set 8" above the DWC container and that'll be the max height I'll veg the plants to. I'll count on the flowering stretch to fill the screen.

I exhaust the air through a 6" carbon scrubber/265cfm fan and out to the open. The cab will be located in the basement

Hey thats still great work my friend! So maybe you could work towards more vertical grow space, but if you scrog and LST you should get a pretty good turn out. Good luck!

Nice!
How are you gonna hide the fact that its 6" away from the wall?
And are you going to put something around the veg fans to stop cavitation?

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll be working diligently this weekend to finish up the box.

AND, to add a little more motivation to finishing it up I decided to start my grow. No backing out now :ganjamon:

Here are some pics of my DIY bubbler for my seeds and clones (eventually more clones than seeds).

Trying to germ 5 Mazar freebies.

DIY bubbler humidity dome with (2) 23W CFL bulbs.

Up close shot. It really looks like it's getting humid in there. I set the bubbler on top of a seedling tray heat mat to help generate some humidity, which would be good for the clones. Do you guys think I should drill some vent holes?

And one last shot but a whole-lotta hope :ganjamon:

Very nice setup. I will follow your tread. I have to break down my grow area for now. If I setup again, I like the method you are using. SCROG.

OH YEAH!!! 98% complete...

cabflower.jpg

Here's a pic of the flowering box complete with 265cfm exhaust fan/carbon scrubber, SCROG screen and DWC bubbler.

cabventfan.png

Close-up of exhaust fan/scrubber and 250w HPS.

cabscrogscreen.jpg

Close-up off PVC/chicken wire SCROG screen.

cabveg.jpg

And finally, here's the veg chamber with 175w MH lamp, what will be my DWC veg bubbler, and the (2) vents on the back wall. Still need to attach the fans.

BTW, Stealthy1

And are you going to put something around the veg fans to stop cavitation?

What do you suggest here? When I test ran my 6" inline for the flower box you can definitely hear the fan cavitating. Albeit the door wasn't on so there was no air pressure in the box for the fan to work against.

THX

Testing out the bubblers and air pump. Everything looks really good so far.

P5180181.jpg

Both bubblers up and running. I also have (2) power heads in each container with an air line attached to it for additional O2 diffusing.

P5180180.jpg

This bad boy seems to be up to the task of running (4) 10" air stones and an air disk.

P5180178.jpg

Close-up of the flower bubbler.

P5180179.jpg

Close-up of the veg bubbler.

Just wanted to post some FYI for the fiscal minded folks here in regards to purchasing mylar.

The problem I had was the extreme mark-up in price some of the local hydro shops in town charge; Damn near 30 bucks for 25' roll and 50 bucks for a 50' roll. Found some cheaper online but combine the cost of shipping, negated that idea REAL quick.. LOL

Soooo, my solution.. I ended up ordering a 10 pack of emergency heat blankets, basically an 84" x 52" mylar sheet used to retain body heat in the event of an emergency.

The price??? $16 including shipping.

People, that's roughly 70' x 4' of mylar for under 20 bucks!!!!!!! Hope this helps a few people shave some expense..

LaterZ..

Yah that's what ill be using I had a couple laying around.

Funny thing is mine was folded up so tight that if you had an "emergency" I'm pretty sure you'd be frozen before you got it open.

Very nice work on the cabinet 420toYuma. Man that is a clean, tight set-up. Well done! I love the creative use of the 'closet' flange for the veg ventilation. lol.

What are using inside your muffler to deaden the sound of the fan?
:nicethread: +rep!

Thanks PotPie...

Unfortunately the design flaw with the veg ventilation are those wimpy fans. They're definitely not enough to keep the 175w MH lamp temps in check, especially in such a small confined space like that. I was hovering right around 95*, so I had to move my plants up to the flower cab.

I've got it worked out and have (2) 4" duct fans on order and will be using those to exhaust the hot air. 160cfm combined should be plenty. I'll pretty much hook it up the same way I did before, but instead of a 90* I'll use a 4" tee with the fans installed on both ends. I'll post pics when I'm done.

As far as the muffler, I'm not using any dampening material inside. Just relying on the pressure change inside to prevent the "whoosh" noise. Works pretty good..

I was checking out your grow thread too and read about the heat problems. Sorry to hear about that. The good news is you have somewhere to stick the girls while you are making modifications. It sounds like you are on the right path though. I know you already have an investment in the MH fixture, but have you thought about vegging with CFLs. Less power and less heat. I have had some nice results so far but I am still on my first grow. Just a thought. Keep on rockin'. You are doing great.

Back
Top Bottom