Outright newb building my own cab

for size of box im thinking 6 but i would say go with 4 u can still get great yelled and do a veg box keep some in there tell rdy to move them over that way u can cut time out so u be geting 6 plaints ever 8-12 weeks

I'm not sure about a pound and a half, that's the thing with yields. they vary a lot.

Just veg them for a bit longer, watch out for pests, mold and fungi, use good ferts and nutes, don't lightstress....just be good to your mistress ;)

A pound and a half...I don't know, but play it right and you can get a kilo from this :)

Isnt a kilo 2.2 lbs? lol

Nice work Sir, my original grow started in a similar style cabinet but not near as nice as yours. I think your going to need a much bigger grow room to get anywhere near 1.5# yield. Although If you can get yourself a small perpetual grow rolling along in there you can have a small but steady supply of fresh bud all year.
+reps

I admire your lofty goals, and perhaps with the right genetics and a perfect grow with none of the usual set-backs we all deal with its possible to get that yield from your cabinet ...but take it from me.... relax your expectations just a little and enjoy the process.

I admire your lofty goals, and perhaps with the right genetics and a perfect grow with none of the usual set-backs we all deal with its possible to get that yield from your cabinet ...but take it from me.... relax your expectations just a little and enjoy the process.

Good advice, thank you!

Another quick update. Got the rest of my mylar in, have a spot cut out for my cloning chamber light (velcro, sweet!), waiting for my intake fan.

IMG00054-20101006-1137.jpg

IMG00055-20101006-1137.jpg

Also check out the styrofoam cutouts I had to use to seal the upper chamber from the lower (cant have light coming through now can we lol!). The foam seals up as the doors close, I will be doing the same at the top and bottom of the doors so there will be no light leaks anywhere!

IMG00061-20101006-1138.jpg

IMG00062-20101006-1138.jpg

Opinions? Thanks everybody!

IMG00065-20101006-1141.jpg

I was hoping for a 1.5 lb or so yield, am I out of line?

With two 90-watt UFO-style LEDs as your illumination? Yep.

Also wanted to mention that depending on the brightness of your top section, those styrofoam inserts might not be adequate for stopping the light.

Also wanted to mention that depending on the brightness of your top section, those styrofoam inserts might not be adequate for stopping the light.

So my lights will be holding me back? Really, please elaborate, thanks!

The reason I went with the UFO lighting was extended life and no heat. I viewed this video

YouTube - 90w LED UFO Comparison 400w HPS

which made my decision easy. I am expecting no lack of production due to my light choice, am I off base here? Is this light comparison fair? Thanks everybody!

Its harvest time in grow country, everyone's being Edward scissor hands right now...

<chirp chirp> pretty quiet all of the sudden, no input on LED lighting??

Well according to everything I have heard a 90w led puts out the same useable par watts of energy as one 400w hid lamp so you could grow 4 plants in there and get 1.5 lbs or do 2 and get the same in a longer period of time or add some t5's running up and down the sides and grow one huge 1lb plant in there. But to your question what you have now for lighting should easily get you 1.5lbs once you have your game on point for growing but that will take you some time.

Back
Top Bottom