Panama Red

KushRainbow

Hey all,
So I've been hearing about this strain called Panama Red. It is supposed to be a really good psychedelic high. Have any of ya'll tried it? and if so how did it work out for you?:smokin:

Its an old strain I believe. Some may claim that they have the genetics but it is generally accepted that this particular strain may be lost. wikipedia has something on it

CK

It was over 30 years ago, and I remember it was very effective. I think we listened to a Robin Trower album afterward.

I effectivly remember it very well. First time 'face melt'. One bong hit. Harsh. Second one- to the moon.
That was in 73 or so??
Would love to get some seeds from down in panama. I wonder if the genetics are screwed down there or....

Yeah, I remember that.

There was a song on the radio called Panama Red

Panama Red, Panama Red
He'll steal your woman, then he'll rob your head
Panama Red, Panama Red
On his white horse, Mescalito
He come breezin' through town
I'll bet your woman's up in bed with
Panama Red

The judge don't know when Red's in town
He keeps well hidden underground
But everybody's acting lazy
Falling out and hangin' 'round

My woman said, "Hey Pedro
you're actin' crazy like a clown"
Nobody feels like working
Panama Red is back in town

[chorus]

Everybody's looking out for him
'Cause they know Red's satisfies
Little girls love to listen to him
Sing and tell sweet lies

But when things get too confusing, honey
You're better off in bed
And I'll be searching all the joints in town for
Panama Red

Played by Jerry Garcia with Peter Rowan in Old And In The Way in 1973. Also recorded and played by the New Riders of the Purple Sage (after Jerry had stopped playing with them).
Thanks Wiki

Anybody know how to get seeds from Panama?? I could ask Dr. Leibow (health soulutions director)... they moved to Panama last year but I'm not sure if shes cool with smoke. She and her husband just did a radio show via Skype with my hubby from Panama last month. Rimas hubby is a Major General US Army retired.
I'll have someone test the waters to see if he/she/they are cool and then go from there.

Panama Red was generally Colombian Punta Rosa American servicemen picked up while serving in the old Canal Zone.

Punta Rosa/Red Bud/Panama Red is still out there,but 99% of tokers today wouldn't know it if it bit 'em in the ass. It's that red haired,light seeded,oily tasting really "good" regs you see floating around the Southern US. It's not quite what it was in the 70's,but I don't think they put the effort into growing it in Colombia they used to? I saw some selling locally about a month ago. Lovely taste and high.

There's a lot of potential in those genes. A lil' TLC and it will rock you. Careful growing it,it can go to over 15 feet w/ minimal tending.

The dark green orange haired seeded good regs you see in Florida is generally Jamaican ganja. It was the first weed with strong indica characteristics most US heads ran across in the 60's and 70's. Sold for a mighty 35 bucks when good Mexican cost 20 and it was worth the extra money.

Just reading that made me smile! Oh, what lovly memories.... I wish I could be going to Panama right now.

yummie!

Even my toes are warm just thinking about it all !

Back
Top Bottom