How it all started-Growing my own!

larryg420

Back in the day when Colombian,Panama Red,and Mex gold were the choice weed in NYC[1980]i saved my seeds.:cool:
Then some thing called sensimilla come around:yummy:It had "some" seeds and i saved them.Then around 1983 i found a street light knocked down and took the insides.It was a 400w HPS:smokin:,but it was 240 volts which i did not know.I put it all together and bought a 400w bulb.It lit up and worked:clap:
Then i got a real set up around 85 and really grew the old stock out to great results.
Then it all stopped for some years,but i still saved my seeds.
I got back in to it in big time in 2002,bought a bunch of good lights and started again.
Then it stopped for another spell.Now for the last 2 years I've been going full tilt.2 rooms,good stock and just me and very few friends taste my work!
I don't sell it,i give it to friends and special people.
My next big step is some seeds from a good vendor.
And the saga continues:ganjamon:
My avatar is me in 1973 when i grew my first mex plant,$20 an oz:grinjoint:

That sounds cool. If you ever found another street light down, would you look inside for another bulb? LOL

I found my light on the West Side Hiway around 79th street.I once found a 250hps that fell off a warehouse.It was one of the compact ones.It was a multi-tap so i wired it for 120v.
I would get my bulbs from my cousin,he works for the PA in Jersey.

I live in "The country" but you can't grow out doors here.I can't seem to find a spot to do it.

Back
Top Bottom