Pdub's CFL Bag Seed Closet Grow

Re: Pdub's CFL bagseed closet grow

Your humidity is fine. Temp a bit higher then desired, but as u said this is with no exhaust. After you install exhaust that will fix that I'm sure.

Looking good man keep the pics coming!

Will do Stumped! Appreciate the comments. I'm trying to find a decent way to mount the inline fan to reduce vibrations as I'm going to be having it vertical, unless I should have it horizontal and connect it to the exhaust hole with a 4 inch connector. Then I'll grab bungee cords :thumb:

Whats up fellas, probably better asked in a forum for ventilation or something but I got a 100cfm inline fan from ebay. I hooked it all up and I feel like 100CFM just isn't... much. The things damn quiet compared to what I kept hearing about the cheap inline fans, but I didn't have negative pressure. Mind you I have a 2 inch gap between my two doors(I'll be switching to just one door) and surely some air leaks but I tried to plug everything best I could and I just could not feel negative pressure in the 2 inch hole i left open. Maybe more CFM is needed?

Heres a pic of the closet - untouched unpainted walls from when the house was built, 1909, cleaned and hit with a coat of paint(no need for two...its a closet lol). Put the ladies in a dark spot for 6 hours to get some box work done, I love being able to have that 6 hour window to work with. Didn't time it right today though and I'll be waking up middle of the night to swap them into the box.

IMG_20140511_181931443.jpg

Ah nice!
Although I'm pretty sure what you have is a booster fan, not an inline fan, its used in addition to an inline fan to boost airflow along long distances. It should still help move some air but not that much.

Also as long as the plants are in veg u don't gotta worry about intrupting the dark cycle. Some veg 24-0. Also u can move them during lights on no problem. Don't quite understand why you had to get up in middle of the night to move the plants is all.

Cheers

Damn, is that what it is? Well then the inline 6 inch with 435cfm should be good then, right? It'll do the same job, especially once the carbon filter is on, no?

Goodnight.

kl.jpg

I'm 99% sure its a booster. Youll see what I mean when you get the 6 inch inline fan. It will move all the air you need with a carbon filter attached. Somewhere okn this site a user posted how to calculate the cfm fan Youll need. I'll look it up tomorrow if your interested .

Its something like cubic feet of your room times 2 or 5 or something.

Cheers

Fuzzy duck posted this I have it saved on a text file lol

If fuzzy duck sees this sorry for not quoting properly lol

Fuzzy Duck
Re: What size fan/filter
Some calculations mainly cubic meters tho... american measurements are based on an imperial system, where as in europe based countrys metric will prevail...

1. To determine the ventilation required in m3/hour, multiply the area of the room (m2) by 125. For example a grow room of 5m x 2m = 10m2 so the required extraction rate would be 10 x 125 = 1250m3/hour.

2. To calculate the size of fan you require simply follow these instructions:
Measure the Height, Length and Width (in metres) of the growing environment.
Multiply together (H x L x W) to give the cubic meter volume.
Multiply this figure by 20.
This is the size of fan required to change the air 20 times in an hour

Whats up Stumped... LOL :D Whats up everyone. First time growing you will run into problems, as I have. I have some fruit flies around due to my overwatering - problem found and is being solved. Got some seedlings that have been growing from soil for about a week now.

Pics for some updates. Anyone else interested in commenting?! Suggestions?! Anything?! Flame me or something lol!

IMG_20140514_130514630_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140514_130536905_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140514_130601988_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140514_130606032.jpg

Hoping I could clear the problem up, but it seems I need to get some neem oil and DE to get rid of some pests. My plant thats older than all the rest might be done for.. Its losing a layer of stem from the soil up =(! First time grower problems hehe. I overwatered and then tried to just let them dry out for a few days but the pests are still here... Getting some DE and neem oil tomorrow. Going to flush my plants through with the neem oil solution then cover in DE... Jerks are gonna love it! Now, do I wait to when my plant needs watering, or just go for it now? I also have a few seeds in need of transplant from their cups, should I wait a few days and let the neem oil kill the bugs and then transplant?I was going to transplant all my plants once the pests are gone into new fox farms ocean forest after I bake it for 30 min. I'll get pics tomorrow, don't want to keep looking at my potential fail =(

Hey Pdub721. Good growing! Take care of the bugs first... Don't contaminate your FF soil. Also, I'd be careful with FF ocean forest on any young seedling since it tends to Nute burn them. Burned my little guy when transplanted. Nothing big, just a word of caution but risking slight n burn is much better than root rot. Depending on how bad your seedlings in the cup need to be transplanted, hold off and let them grow a bit. This will give you extra time to fight the bugs and allow your babies to grow up before planting them into FF.

Cool, advice taken. I went with some neem oil concentrate I found at lowes for organic gardening. Flushed my two main plants and the few seedlings that are about 2 weeks old. I made sure to get runoff to hopefully help flush some pests and get some fresh water and o2 etc down in there. I'll put some pics up later.

Whats Up fellas! Its been awhile since I updated, I don't seem to have any pest problems anymore, just nute problems. I just fed them a 2tsp of FF grow big mixture last night. Heres some updated pics - starting to tie down the one plant for LST. Let me know what my nute issues might be? I'm thinking with the yellowing, nitrogen? The one plant, he went from green to all dead looking overnight? I used regular water for him..Does he need a strong dose of nutes?

Let me know anything I need to do to correct my problems.. This is my first time, not expecting much :D :thumb: :Namaste:

Main plant
IMG_20140524_090934111_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140524_090949622_HDR.jpg
IMG_20140524_090956856.jpg

Seedling 2 weeks old
IMG_20140524_090944092_HDR.jpg

This guy went from green to dead in two days like this. Any chance in saving?
IMG_20140524_090937729.jpg
Its not even a month old, so killing it and starting a new seed doesn't seem like a half bad idea.
IMG_20140521_044833268_HDR.jpg
same guy

Seedling
IMG_20140521_044828215_HDR.jpg

HAAAALLLLLPPPPP!!!!! :D

:circle-of-love:

Made some blood meal tea, fed them about 6 hours ago and no sign of greening up. Possibly not a N deficiency?

Welp, no improvements over night. Found this thread First time grow - I need help! Spotting and dying leaves - Pics.

I have been using distilled water...so that explains everything, I think! Neem oil in distilled water would flush out nutrients causing what I'm seeing? I have well water for my tap and don't have a PH tester so what should I be using to water my plants? I start all seedlings on water bottle water I have left over and they seem to do fine.

I use distilled water and have no problems. When using distilled water you tend to have trouble with calcium deficiency. Not saying that's what your experiencing but just something to keep in mind. A bit of something like calmag compensates for this. Are you letting them dry out completely before watering them? The light color and droopiness kinda looks like an over watering issue.

I use distilled water and have no problems. When using distilled water you tend to have trouble with calcium deficiency. Not saying that's what your experiencing but just something to keep in mind. A bit of something like calmag compensates for this. Are you letting them dry out completely before watering them? The light color and droopiness kinda looks like an over watering issue.
There was a 4 day period between my neem oil flush and then 2tsp mixture of FF grow big, they werent dried out all the way but the soil I use has no nutes in it.

Back
Top Bottom