Perfect Gardens Organics Thread

Good one. My own grow stimulator, which I use currently, is composed of compost tea + molasses + lactobacillus acidophilus + fungal and microbial inoculant, and it works perfectly!

Needed a bump. :)
How about organic IPM information, JJ?

Other great topics it would be nice to see information regarding these on this site.
Sprouted seed teas?
Enzyme tea?
Fermented plant extracts?

There's your homework assignments for the weekend, future organic masters.

I'm gonna grab a sub here as well! I've ventured my way into organics this year myself. I wonder JJ Bones, do you welcome organic troubleshooting in here as well or would that be best to start a new thread with? I have a few problems possibly arising from my recycled mix.

Post it here. Otherwise this thread will be another dead thread :) What's the problem?

JJ isn't very active on this thread as of late.

Why don't you start an organics troubleshooting thread.
Hopefully you are referring to real living soil organics as opposed to pretend organics using chelated bottled "organic" nutrients.

For the uninitiated, we have 2 options, force feeding our plants or not force feeding our plants. The latter is real organics.

That was my thought behind asking... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Post it here. Otherwise this thread will be another dead thread :) What's the problem?

No chelated products, amended soil! :cheesygrinsmiley:

JJ isn't very active on this thread as of late.

Why don't you start an organics troubleshooting thread.
Hopefully you are referring to real living soil organics as opposed to pretend organics using chelated bottled "organic" nutrients.

For the uninitiated, we have 2 options, force feeding our plants or not force feeding our plants. The latter is real organics.

Thanks fellas! Uploading some pics and I'll be back.

Ok so, I was getting some yellowing of the veins and thought it to be a sulphur deficiency. I also had some minor widespread fading. I mixed up 1/2+ Tbl fast acting iron (all I had but mostly sulphur), 1/2 Tbl blood meal, 1 dixie cup of EWC and 3 dixie cups of compost with perlite as needed. I top dressed with this and watered in with straight tap water filtered through a kdf small boy.

I am on my third water since and while I felt maybe the veining seemed better the wide spread yellowing seemed to pick up pace a little. I fed yesterday with a moderately strong strength tea to observe and help slow it, slight burn and is now praying heavily. I am not too concerned with this one as it's just starting week 6 and soon will be on a strict straight runout schedule for harvest, so I welcome the yellow. The reason of concern is for future plants in or to be in this mix, also to make necessary adjustments for the next recycle.

I have made the switch to organic within this year so I haven't been able to build up the experience to fully trust myself. Everything gets recycled in a tote with additional minerals and fertilizers added in, a somewhat extensive variation. I am on my fourth iteration of ammendmants and this specific plant is probably in the fourth or fifth series of recycled compost. I currently have it setup to use the same mix for both veg and flower with possible variations in tea's, buffer the young and the older get it all.

Of course any additional information just ask! Full plant pic is in the yellow hps glow but it kinda helps show the veining. Thoughts?

Smokey,
I'm kinda busy right now so I am gonna come back to your post later, but,
My initial thought:
Are you sure you are not just seeing a nice fade towards the end of flower? When my plants look like that at the end I am very happy, because I know I'm in for some smooth, white ash, fire!

Red petiole is usually a genetic trait, nothing to worry about man :tokin:
Your plant looks very good to me.

I think it's a combination and like I said, I do welcome the yellow. I have a Columbian Gold that is in this mix and it goes for 10-12 weeks depending on my preference. I see some minor fading on the lowest leaf set and if I can be honest, trichome production just didn't seem to be on spec. Typically can see it start on the stems but it is behind at this point. Figured I would start here with this one as to avoid an issue with the rest. Plus I have a batch to recycle today so if I needed to add something extra, I could.

Smokey,
I'm kinda busy right now so I am gonna come back to your post later, but,
My initial thought:
Are you sure you are not just seeing a nice fade towards the end of flower? When my plants look like that at the end I am very happy, because I know I'm in for some smooth, white ash, fire!

I think my style would have to be more the ROLS. I started my own worm farm as well but the gnats are just ridiculous. The only thing I am not liking about organic right now. lol

There are certainly some better soil recycling programs than others. What are u into? TLO? ROLS?

This plant is a Pakistan Valley and claims to be a landrace and I have heard landraces typically have the red as well. Thanks conradino23!

Red petiole is usually a genetic trait, nothing to worry about man :tokin:
Your plant looks very good to me.

Smokey organic IPM routine will crush pests, definitely including gnats. I posted audio on such by Clackamas Coot today on my thread. Very awesome stuff. I'm putting neem cake (meal) to work and have honestly seen the gnats disappear in my garden and worm bin. I've always had fungus gnats up until now!

A ROLS approach is the best IMHO, nice job!

Awesome, I'll be sure to check that out! I haven't been able to source neem meal yet. I have been looking for it for the gnats and the slow release N! I actually quit my worm bin and put the little guys into a 5gl bucket with a breathable top, keeps them in check but the larvae was still in there. Washing worms, lol that was a fun day...

What you have to do to prevent fungus gnats from multiplying is to aerate your mix, and expose it to the heavy sun. Also, water your plants less if they bother your grow room. I never had problem with them, but I grow outdoor and have hundred other pests to worry about :)

Back
Top Bottom