ph help

420jamezbong

Hello fellow cannabis lovers i could use a hand wit
This little problem ive been having, um using FFOF and FFhappyfrog blended evenly
the prob is my ph stays at a 7.3! What can i add to my soil mix that would bring it down to
Optimum levels? I water wit tap thats been sitting bubbling for 24to48hrs, when i do feed I
Use GH veganic line at 1/4 strength sometimes less as i found even using half of
what they say on label burns my ladies pretty bad, id appreciate any tips or feedback
Thanks again keep token!:thanks:

Well various batchs of compost produced my any supplier may varie slightly in PH value !

I also believe that most FFOF/FFHF composts are already preloaded with nutrients which are suitable or last 4 weeks on average... applying nutrients with in this period may well induce nutrient burn symptoms...

I would also like to question on how you have measured the PH value of the compost which could be rather critical !

Before i suggest alternatives to ammend PH value of growing medium used...

One question about ph. Is it normal to have to go and regulate it everyday when using a hydro setup? Im runnin a dwc bucket and i gotta go and readjust a tiny bit everyday to maintain it around 5.5

I test my soil a digital ph soil meter right in
the bag when i open them the ones ive gotten
have all been 6.8-7.0 i always go with regular
water through my 3 week veg and start feeding the
5th week it never rises above 7.3 once i start feeding

I test my soil a digital ph soil meter right in
the bag when i open them the ones ive gotten
have all been 6.8-7.0 i always go with regular
water through my 3 week veg and start feeding the
5th week it never rises above 7.3 once i start feeding

Digital Ph soil meters are pretty cool & worth the $ :thumb:

What i do suspect is that the soil PH fluctuates once nutrients feed has been applyed !

Infact youy may find the soil/compost is naturally self buffering in nature & over several hours will slowly return to its ambient PH value...

You can check this by doing a soil PH probe a few hours later & then 12 hours later etc to see the self buffering nature of the soil/compost :thumb:

Ideal PH value is aprox 6.4 to 6.6 providing your compost stays with in between PH 6 & 7 ya should be fine... in fact ya can get a away with a little either side...

As nutrients uptake may slowly start to decrease either side of PH 6 & 7 in soil grows which may lead to nutrient lock out & defeciencys.

Thanks for the great info i , i rarely run into nutrient deficiency problems besides
the occasional burn but one problem that i have encountered recently has been with
Fan leaves curling under like a taco shell! I know for a fact that it needs transplanting
Because it 2 feet tall ina one gallon grow bag but even in my 2gl
They do it? Idk any advice

If you have any pic's of the taco curling like leafs that would be pretty good to see em to help aid diagnosis :thumb:

But i may suspect it might be a simple case of under watering... depending on how often you water, over all temperature & plant size in general.

For the Ph of your soil, i have never heard of the soil ph raising after feeding since nutes are acidic and lower the PH. I personally do not have luck with the soil ph meters but then again I bought a cheap crap one. To lower the ph of the soil down to 7 you can add ph down to the water, maybe get the water to 6.7 or 6.8 and water it, after a few waterings the soil ph should drop down. Also, some saying is when the plant curls like that they are praying for magnesium, but that is usually verified with yellowing around the edges of the leaf while the viens remain green. If it is slight curling then that just means they are thriving. Please dont take any of my advice though without posting a picture first. Good luck

EDIT: dolomite lime is a good additive to the soil to help buffer it and keep it nuetral (7 ph) 1 tbsp per gal of soil is what I use when I used dolomite lime.

Plant diagnosis guide
Marijuana Plant Abuse

Back
Top Bottom