PH help

Hgrk17

420-magazine-mobile1324378430.jpg
long story short I have been using tap water for most of my grow. The pH seems to fluctuate so it's been hard. I had it dialed in at 2 gallons but now that my girls take me is a battle every water. I switched to distilled and it's about 7.0 I seriously put one drop of pH down in a gallon and it's too low. One drop of pH up too high, you get the picture. I'm using about 3-4 gallons a water. If anyone can help please do. Thanks. Ps check out my grow if you can i feel like I'm the only one there haha

I use a 5 gallon bucket and dip out a half liter at a time.. You could put as many gallons in as you think you'll need, plus 1 in case they're extra thirsty. That should eliminate the big fluctuations you're seeing.

What ph down are you using. Some of them are much more concentrated than others. I use GH up and down to adjust 1 gal at a time. My grow store pointed out the differences to me.

I use GH Up and Down and reverse osmosis bottled water one gallon at a time. I pour some of the bottled water into a separate glass and add a drop of Up or Down to that. I then use that water to gradually adjust the gallon, testing every several drops. After a few times of doing this, I found I could guess pretty close to how much I'd need and that sped up the process.

I use GH Up and Down and reverse osmosis bottled water one gallon at a time. I pour some of the bottled water into a separate glass and add a drop of Up or Down to that. I then use that water to gradually adjust the gallon, testing every several drops. After a few times of doing this, I found I could guess pretty close to how much I'd need and that sped up the process.
Thanks I'll try to ph a couple of gallons at a time instead of all 4. I'll try your dilution method.

It's not necessary to balance that distilled water.
The reason why -is already shown in what you've pointed out yourself. The ph of pure (or rather, almost pure) water is basically a meaningless value. The fact that a drop of ph plus or minus shifts or so much is what tells the story.
Look at it from the opposite angle. The ph of that water is going to have basically zero effect on the ph of your growing medium. You can ph balance it if you want to- but it isn't necessary

Back
Top Bottom