PH unstable and leaves are turning?

queenweed

420 Member
hey guys!

so i have a DWC set up going on for my moms and i am having a lot of trouble with the stabilization of my ph... i’ll set it at 5.4-5.6 then within 12-20 hours it will drop down to 4.3-4.7.... what is happening!?!?! i have air stones and my ec is typically around 1.2 and remains stable.

also unsure as to what’s going on with my leaves, they’re turning and twisting but not discoloured does anyone have any tips or info????

hey guys!

so i have a DWC set up going on for my moms and i am having a lot of trouble with the stabilization of my ph... i’ll set it at 5.4-5.6 then within 12-20 hours it will drop down to 4.3-4.7.... what is happening!?!?! i have air stones and my ec is typically around 1.2 and remains stable.

also unsure as to what’s going on with my leaves, they’re turning and twisting but not discoloured does anyone have any tips or info????

What nutrients are you using? What's the pH and EC of the water you are using?

A picture would really help, both of the entire plant and one of the affected leaves.

you can get an idea of what is happening from these images, really unsure as to why they’re doing this

Attachments

• 751842CF-EA58-48EA-8B01-88036725631B.jpeg
    751842CF-EA58-48EA-8B01-88036725631B.jpeg
    839 KB · Views: 126
  • 135E876A-679C-47E3-921F-D191F28F5415.jpeg
    135E876A-679C-47E3-921F-D191F28F5415.jpeg
    901.6 KB · Views: 124
Wind burn, light burn, heat stress, and root problems are possible causes.

I suspect root problems. Let's give @TurboBucket, and @West Hippie a shout. They would have a better idea, as I grow drain-to-waste.

Photos under white light will help, and they'll need one of the roots too.

The twisted leaves are probably from the crazy pH. That chart is a must have for hydro. If you haven't saved or printed it off yet you need to.

pH drop is common when you have more nutrients in the solution than the plant needs. It takes out water and leaves nutes behind increasing the acidity of the solution and decreasing pH. Drinking more than eating basically.

The twisted leaves are probably from the crazy pH. That chart is a must have for hydro. If you haven't saved or printed it off yet you need to.

pH drop is common when you have more nutrients in the solution than the plant needs. It takes out water and leaves nutes behind increasing the acidity of the solution and decreasing pH. Drinking more than eating basically.

What turbobucket said, lower your ec. I had pH troubles as you in flowering but made it through. Once I started chopping I left lower, younger buds to enjoy the light for several weeks and stopped with the nutes and just add water as needed and my pH began to level out. All the lower growth perked up and was beautiful compared to the mess I had on the older growth.
I use a ppm scale and went from mid 300's to about half that, they loved it.

Back
Top Bottom