ph water or not?

dont wanna argue about it its nice to be able to exchange different experiences.I am maintaining around 30 small plants constantly with well water and botanicare pure blend pro nutes. the last week before the flush i use monster bloom which is not organic.while i do agree you may never have a problem with ph up or down changing your SOIL PH the extra step is not neccessary if your medium is up to snuff. No reason to get pissy

which remionds me back in the 80's i wasn't even worried or thinking about ph and extra nutes
it was all in what you made the soil with and what you threw on as it grew
i used to throw earthworms in my pot and other stuff it was all natural stuff in the pot and no nutes added during grow so i didn't have to worry about the worms dying since it was watered with water from the spigot through the hose lol

when you fertilize you are feeding the soil it doesnt care about ph.KISS is my philosophy.i have an old high times video called sea of green by HANS he shows how to turn an entire trailer into a perpetual style grow HE never once phs his water and maintained 100s of plants.Ive seen alot of jorge cervantes vids with no mention of hydro ph up down.BUT in all the videos i have heard to add fast acting lime to maintain SOIL PH water ph is not important the pros say so and so do i im done sorry if i offended anyone.trying to save people time in the end

Alright, this is kinda getting me riled up, so I went ahead and looked up the MSDS on the General Hydroponics liquid pH up and pH down that I use. They don't tell you the molar concentrations, but that isn't important to this conversation because if you're adjusting to a known pH, you know the change in hydronium ion concentration of the solution and we could figure out the concentration if we wanted to. Anyway, the pH up is a mixture of potassium hydroxide and potassium carbonate. The pH down is just phosphoric acid. So anybody want to tell me how that is going to kill anything at the concentrations we're talking about? They all completely dissociate into their constituent ions in water and all of those ions are completely normal to have in the concentrations we're talking about in any environmental water source.

obvious this is not a wild statement other experienced growers are backing up what i say.I see you dont have even a year of experience so learn a little before making wild statements..no one ever said it was horrible i said you probobly wouldnt see a difference its just skipping an extra step.people gotta calm down!!You just got an hps and 1 plant and you know it all!!! peace to all no offense we are all here to learn.

Let me put it like this, I have no beef if what you're saying is that when you grow your way, your experience is that you don't necessarily need to worry about checking the pH of your water to produce good results. If you have a good soil that is well buffered, it should be able to tolerate a fair amount of pH fluctuation.

However, to the best of my knowledge (which is a bit) there should be no reason why adjusting the pH of your water, at least with the chemicals that I use should cause any sort of problems in any soil, organic or otherwise when used in the fashion as recommended by the manufacturer. If you have any sort of evidence to contradict that, let me know.

GREAT PICS of your grow like i said different strokes for different folks do this run a side by side comparison and do a SCIENTIFIC log of the results with cuttings of the same strain in the same properly amended soil and conditions nutrients.lighting etc.this is what i call real world science. this is what the people did before the.com craze.People dont grow the weed the weed grows itself.i may do this on some clones that are just rooting.my guess is the smoke will be no different!! cheers!!

tga subcools super soil is add water and grow no PHING neccessary im gonna try to whip this up he speciffically says no phing of the water is neccessary. they breed jack the ripper querkle and many of the best strains to date!!you should check out his super soil reciepe! If fox farm says to ph the water id be suprised but would continue my current regimen.If it aint broke dont fix it,and if you can leave out an annoying step along the way great!! google subcool soil recipe

I have a current foxfarm supply book and feeding schedule.

Using FFOF and their line of products...

It says in print that you must always ph within the range of 6.3 to 6.8 for veg/flower

I just want to say a couple more things to close out this conversation, cause I'm not trying to start $h&!, I just don't want some old lady that spent $200 bucks she didn't have on her medical grow loose her whole crop because they slugged the water lines two blocks away an the pH of her tapwater spiked to over 8. I don't know what Subcool's water situation is, but I've watched enough weednerd that I bet he's using RO. His supersoil mix has everything but the kitchen sink in it so he has a boatload of stuff that is acting as buffers.

For those of you that don't understand chemistry or buffer systems, a buffer really only works well within 1 point on the pH scale of it's dissociation constant (pKa), now I don't know the pKa of dolomite, but I bet it's in the 6's and if the above situation occurred (and it has to me) I can tell you from personal experience, using FFOF that has been amended with 20% perlite and about a cup of dolomite per bag, you WILL have problems. I live in an area that has a lot of new home construction and I can tell you that most of the time my tapwater is pretty consistent and runs right around pH 7.0 and EC is just under 200. but every once in a while, it will spike over 8.0 with a corresponding EC of over 300. And even if I were running Subcool's mix, I would not pour that water into my soil. But you wouldn't know that if you weren't at least checking your pH prior to watering.

Back
Top Bottom