Pineapple Kush - Perpetual - 1000w

Lookin good stumped.... Lemme get a clone!! Haha :bravo:
Sure I'll just put them in 5 gallon buckets and leave them back the woods, that's how ya give clones away right? Hahhaha

Speaking of I should go soak more rockwool today, and cut some new clones. After the 8 that just went in flower are done, I think I'm going to do whole room at once, 16 plants.

Rockwool soaking. Going to clone tonight.
Some people think rock wool cloning is a lot of trouble. Or some people might be looking for a cloning method to try. Here is how I clone with 99.9% success rate. Sterile scissors and razor blades? Umm if I showed you mine.. All the people who say clean with alcohol n shit would probably re consider lol.

1 soak rock wool cubes in pH water around 6 for 20 30 min, I've let them soak for 2 days before because I forgot. Made no difference. I add 1ml of bloom nutes per gallon of soaking water.

2 cut some clones, however u wish. I tried every angle, splitting, scraping. Only thing I've found made any difference is scraping. So I suggest scraping the side of the stem about a half inch up.

3 dip in rooting shit of choice, I use stimroot powder. $6. Stick em down firm in the hole in rock wool. Put in veg room and check every few days for moisture. I like to keep mine about the weight of a golf ball. Roots in as little as 5 days. New growth in 2 weeks from cutting. I don't use a dome, but humidity in veg is 70% at lowest.

4. Smoke a doob.

I can take pics tonight if anyone would care to see my saw movie style cloning scissors and razorblade hahahha 99.9% success rate. I lost 1 clone out of about 1000 I've cut, and it was due to letting cube get too dry.

Cheers everyone.

One thing I will add from my experience.
The only clones I have lost from rockwool have been when I used the prefab holes and the stalk did not fit right.
(I have done only 30? clones. I scrape stems and water them under a dome every 3-5 days)

Ever time I use dome, I got white shit on the clones. I just gave up with dome.
Yea I know what your saying about the prefab holes. I put mine in them holes but I push em down deeper then the how. Seems to work, I've flipped a few cubes and poked new holes, but if I got a nice fat stem, I'll just jam er in.

I also forgot to mention I cut all the leaves in half. And I usually only leave 1 fan leaf, cut in half.

Stumped,

I am jealous man. Looks like you got some nice bud. Alas I am still waiting on my GDP girls.

Also, so sad that you "Gave" your outside plants away. You did the right thing by just grinning and bearing it. Not much to do but be sad for a moment then go burn a fat one. Sorry for the loss.

Maui

Stumped,

I am jealous man. Looks like you got some nice bud. Alas I am still waiting on my GDP girls.

Also, so sad that you "Gave" your outside plants away. You did the right thing by just grinning and bearing it. Not much to do but be sad for a moment then go burn a fat one. Sorry for the loss.

Maui

Lol thanks man. What can ya do.

I'm starting to get worried about next harvest. Bulking didn't start yet, but the scrog is basically full of borderline popcorn... Biggest bud looks about the smallest I'd keep from previous crops. This strain has amaized me in the past so let's see if it does it again. Not going to be a happy stoner trimming all that popcorn lol

Single 5 gallon bucket plant is doing as expected. Not yellowing quite as bad as last round.

8 new plants are just over a week into flowering, showed pre flowers by day 5. Pic update tomorrow. So many tops its hard to count.

Onto my game plan, after the scrog is done. I'm letting the remaining 8 have some breathing room till finished 5 weeks after crog. Then starting the whole room over. I have loads of work to do in there and its never going to get done. I need to clear room out for a few days.and get some of this todo list done.
Seal better
cut bigger intake
install drip pan onto small table
make light height adjustable
possabably look into mounting my hps horizontally.
Expand front wall of room 6 inch
And a few more things I'm forgetting at the moment.

As yas can see I got a fuck load to do and I can't do it all in a day lol more updates coming tomorrow.

Cheers!

picture updates.
the scrog and 5 gallon lst will be done in just over 2 weeks. as i said the scrog is basically all popcorn, looks like lots of it. but none the less all pop corn :(
IMG_75801.JPG
IMG_75822.JPG

here are the 8 almost 2 weeks into 12/12. getting big, ive been lightly defoliating them daily to expose bud sites, and super cropping the ones that get too high. seems to be working good.
IMG_75773.JPG
IMG_75831.JPG

here is my veg area. dwc mother plants. small 1.8 gallon bucket with 3x 3 inch netpots. plants are crowded so ill probably separate them soon. or chop one up fully for clones.
IMG_75853.JPG
IMG_7586.JPG
IMG_75873.JPG

clones that were going to go in 2 weeks. but i changed my plan so there all just going to stay in veg for awhile. same with the new clones i cut at the beginning of the week.
IMG_75882.JPG
IMG_75841.JPG

anyone got any ideas for a diy or modifying my current canopy to use my bulb horizontal? lol

cheers everyone

You currently have 1000w hps hanging vertically inside an umbrella mounted horizontally, correct?

I assume your goal is to reduce the space required for your light and fixture by mounting your HPS horizontally.
This would require a new horizontal hood and save probably about 4 inches of storage. If this is an 8 ft tent, the few inches seem hardly worth the trouble.

If your goal is to get a better light pattern, eliminate a hotspot, or get an air cooled hood, then I suppose you need to choose a new hood that meets your goals for a price you can live with.

Is your ballast inside or outside your grow tent? If it is inside, I would suggest moving it outside to reduce heat.

Man they sure are looking good. Are you going to keep those three in the DWC? Do you mind if I put up the most recent photo of my NL X BB? She is two weeks and two days old.
Hey Jim, thanks man :)
I'm pondering the same thing about the dwc lol I definately won't flower them in dwc. My grow room temps are too high. I'm thinking on sacrificing 1 or 2 of them to clones. I've tried dwc to soil transfer and the plants always die on me. So I figured cloning them is easiest.
Or I might just split them up to there own buckets and keep all 3 for mothers when I start back up.

Sure bro, you can post anything here anytime.

I started my nft hydro strawberries. Worked with what I had around the house and some tips from you. 4 plants are rooting good, in my nft system. No new growth yet but I'm sure that will start in the next few weeks. I found a guy local who grows strawberries with nft and he said he uses mg crystal tomato food. I have a box of that on hand so I added 1 tsp to the system. Whole system might hold 3 gallons ATM. Going to upgrade rezivoir to a 5 gallon bucket. And then a Rubbermaid tub once I find or buy more abs pipe. If I have to buy I'll get PVC because its cheaper and its white lol abs is black and blacks attract heat. And its thick as fuck and my hole saw struggles lol
I'll post pics in the non 420 section once its going better.

Cheers bro. can't wait to see them pics!

Here she is. Northern Lights X Big Bud Auto. Seed popped around 6/8. This is my best start yet. Question looking for an answer... The nutrients are ph'd to 5.5 but the overflow waste ph's at 7.3. Why the big difference? 100% perlite. Using suggested feeding Simple Drain to Waste feeding schedule with GH FloraNova Grow and Rapid Start. Will start the Liquid KoolBloom and Floralicious at end of this week. Plant looks good so far. She is under a 48x3 reflector model by TopLED, Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led a 420 magazine sponsor. When she starts to flower she will go under my Mars II 700 from TopLED. First Hempy. Thanks to Stumped and PeytonManning for their help in my first and second grow.

IMG_046027.JPG

:geek:
WJ

Hey Jim, thanks man :)
I'm pondering the same thing about the dwc lol I definately won't flower them in dwc. My grow room temps are too high. I'm thinking on sacrificing 1 or 2 of them to clones. I've tried dwc to soil transfer and the plants always die on me. So I figured cloning them is easiest.
Or I might just split them up to there own buckets and keep all 3 for mothers when I start back up.

Sure bro, you can post anything here anytime.

I started my nft hydro strawberries. Worked with what I had around the house and some tips from you. 4 plants are rooting good, in my nft system. No new growth yet but I'm sure that will start in the next few weeks. I found a guy local who grows strawberries with nft and he said he uses mg crystal tomato food. I have a box of that on hand so I added 1 tsp to the system. Whole system might hold 3 gallons ATM. Going to upgrade rezivoir to a 5 gallon bucket. And then a Rubbermaid tub once I find or buy more abs pipe. If I have to buy I'll get PVC because its cheaper and its white lol abs is black and blacks attract heat. And its thick as fuck and my hole saw struggles lol
I'll post pics in the non 420 section once its going better.

Cheers bro. can't wait to see them pics!

Can't wait to see those strawberry pics. PVC is much better than ABS. All my stuff is white except the 3gal buckets for tomatoes. And the irrigation tubing.

I just started some Ruby Swiss Chard seeds. I'll put them into the net pots and NFT system in two weeks or so. It depends on their growth. Usually in spring I go 3 - 4 weeks under T5s. I have a 48 quart cooler as my primary reservoir and to that I have a 150 quart cooler as a large reservoir.

The tomatoes are drinking more than a gallon a day. Near 100 tomatoes and squirrels have gotten about 10. Most are too big for them but new ones every day. Most are nearing softball size. Should start turning red soon. Mmmm. Can't wait.

You currently have 1000w hps hanging vertically inside an umbrella mounted horizontally, correct?

I assume your goal is to reduce the space required for your light and fixture by mounting your HPS horizontally.
This would require a new horizontal hood and save probably about 4 inches of storage. If this is an 8 ft tent, the few inches seem hardly worth the trouble.

If your goal is to get a better light pattern, eliminate a hotspot, or get an air cooled hood, then I suppose you need to choose a new hood that meets your goals for a price you can live with.

Is your ballast inside or outside your grow tent? If it is inside, I would suggest moving it outside to reduce heat.

Yes that is exactly what I have.

The hood is 3 foot wide circle, covers the whole top of my grow room.

Yes I'm trying to gain headway for my light and I was told that I would get better light distribution having the light horizontal. Or should I just leave it as is? Don't know of any evidence of bulb placement being better one way or another, I was just told this idea to gain head room.

I'd save more then 4 inch bro lol ever see how big 1kw HP's bulbs are? Bigger then 400s and 600s I'd save close to a foot lol bloody things are the length of my forearm lol

My ballast is located in another room, no problem there.

Air cooled is out of the question for me. Local they start at 250$ for 4 inch tubes.... Ordering shipping kills me. Maybe I'll go look at wing hoods. There cheap I think? I was thinking there is a way to modify my current reflector, not many people have them... There is probably a reason why people don't run vertical bulbs anymore lol

A lot of people do hang vertical. You get a lot more out of the bulb then horizontal. But for what you're doing you would want horizontal. When you grow bigger plants you can hang a vertical partially below the canopy. I'm not sure how far down, but you get side lighting and a lot more use of the spectrum an lumen output. You figure you're getting 360* of light coverage compared to the small chunk actually facing down in a horizontal hood with the rest being reflected.

But for a scrog like you have going, yes a horizontal setup would be much better

Yes that is exactly what I have.

The hood is 3 foot wide circle, covers the whole top of my grow room.

Yes I'm trying to gain headway for my light and I was told that I would get better light distribution having the light horizontal. Or should I just leave it as is? Don't know of any evidence of bulb placement being better one way or another, I was just told this idea to gain head room.

I'd save more then 4 inch bro lol ever see how big 1kw HP's bulbs are? Bigger then 400s and 600s I'd save close to a foot lol bloody things are the length of my forearm lol

My ballast is located in another room, no problem there.

Air cooled is out of the question for me. Local they start at 250$ for 4 inch tubes.... Ordering shipping kills me. Maybe I'll go look at wing hoods. There cheap I think? I was thinking there is a way to modify my current reflector, not many people have them... There is probably a reason why people don't run vertical bulbs anymore lol

Can you use you current lamp base with a flat piece of metal?

A section of rigid ducting is shiny and can be formed into a half oval pipe with metal straps at each end.
I think you could make one in a couple of hours out of a single piece of 8" duct with metal shears.
Simple holes near each end for hanging from hooks on cords. If you can reuse the lamp base you are shiny!

Wear leather palm gloves or that metal will cut you!

Can you use you current lamp base with a flat piece of metal?

A section of rigid ducting is shiny and can be formed into a half oval pipe with metal straps at each end.
I think you could make one in a couple of hours out of a single piece of 8" duct with metal shears.
Simple holes near each end for hanging from hooks on cords. If you can reuse the lamp base you are shiny!

Wear leather palm gloves or that metal will cut you!

Now someone is on the same page lol. I got tons of mogul fixtures. I'm just wondering what distance the bulb should be from the reflector? These 1000 waters get fuckin hot, only reason why I worry.

Wildjim sent me a link that gave me an idea. And basically what u just said. Batwing reflector.

I'm going to start building soon and see what I can come up with. So far with some research I've found that they come in 2 sizes 24x16 and 36x24. Obviously I'll be making the 2 foot version. And using 8 inch ducting will give me 16 inch wide. Is ducting reflective enough?

Back
Top Bottom