Pineapple Kush - Perpetual - 1000w

Stumped

Well I'm back again hopefully with enough downtime to do this whole journal to the end. The strain I'm working with is still my bagseed pineapple kush. I'm all clones now I stopped popping new beans for every grow lol things move much quicker.

A week ago I just installed the 1000w HPS. Up till then I was running a 400w mh. That's why the buds seem so small for 4 weeks.

I'm staggering my plants 6 every 30 days or so. 12 plants total in this small area.

Tried about every cloining method there is and so far the best for me is rockwool or small batches of bubble clones. (I tried to do 20 cuts at once and they all got slimey over night and died. 5 to 10 at a time works most of the time.) But rock wool and stimroot powder I get 100% survival. No dome just constant high humidity in the veg area.

This strain as soon as I flip to 12/12 from clone, she shows pistols within 24-48 hours like clock work. Stretches for exactly 21 days lol and seems to me is done by the end of week 8 by reading the tricombs. Fan leafs yellow tricombs 20% amber. But all the hairs are usually still white. Few turn red. After drying and curing they all turn red. Maybe I'm harvesting too soon with going by the tricombs.

What strain is it? --- Pineapple kush

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? --- from my reading it is a hybrid 50/50

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? --- various stages

If in Veg... For how long? --- various stages

If in Flower stage... For how long? --- 6 in flower for 4 weeks. 6 just added and 2 coming down this week.

Indoor or outdoor? --- indoor

Soil or Hydro? --- soil

If soil... what is in your mix? --- promix with perlite added

If soil... What size pot? --- 2.5 gallon

Size of light? --- 1000w flower. 100w veg/clones

Is it aircooled? --- negative

Temp of Room/cab? --- flower 35c peak. 20c at night. Veg area constant 25c

RH of Room/cab? --- flower 30 to 40%. Veg area 60 to 70%

PH of media or res? --- N\A

Any Pests ? --- a wife.

How often are you watering? --- 2 times a week. Feed then flush with molasses.

Type and strength of ferts used? --- general hydroponics flora micro, bloom and liquid koolbloom. 8-16 + 2 KB. Per gallon in flower. Veg I use 4-8 micro, bloom. No kb

My flower area is 36" x 50" and 8' tall. My veg area is 13" x 40" and 30" tall.

Its bloody cramped in there lol. As my pictures illustrate...

Flower room. 6 plants in front 8 in back 2 coming down this week.

Re: Pineapple kush | Perpetual | 1000w

Better pic
IMG_58443.JPG

Thanks!
I've only had this 1000w upon for 10 days. Today I cut down the 2 in the back and the leafs were almost white. Is this bleaching? The bulb is hung vertical and its about 12 inch from the tops. Is this too close?

I will post a pic tonight sometime if needed.

No you will still get tight buds at 2 foot away, do you have air cooled lighting and have you measured your canopy temps?

Air cooled no. I have an umbrella reflector 4 foot round. Vertical bulb.

My canopy temps peak at 35c. 12inch from the light in the middle.

2 feet away like in the back of the room its 28c. I was just worried about loose buds being too far from the light. As I had to keep my 400w about 8 inch from my plants to get somewhat nuggity buds.

Yesterday was feeding day. Fed 0-8-16, 32ml micro, 64ml bloom and 8ml lkb mixed in 4 gallons of water. Fed each plant 1000ml.

My leafs are still neon green. Must mean the plants are lacking n. I didn't have this problem with the 400watt. But my guess is the plants are eating more now that they have a much more intense light 1000w, on Thursday when I do a h2o+molasses I'm going to find a way to do a small dose of n. Maybe just some aquarium water will fix it as its got nitrogen in it from all the poop.
If this don't fix it I'm going to maybe try 0-10-20.

This strain is a heavy eater even when I had the 400w mh.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Here are some pics. Before lights on.
Could this be heat related? I've raised my light 6 inch . all I can without making the room bigger because its under some stairs in the basement. I do plan on doing that soon anyways. The 6 plants I added last week, are all dark green like usual. They are about 2.5 to 3 feet from the light.
Lights on canopy temps are around 30c now not 35c

But the 6 that are on the end of week 5 of 12/12. are yellowing and falling off. Or just a slight tug and they come off. They usually don't do this for another 2 weeks.

IMG_58794.JPG

IMG_58814.JPG

IMG_58805.JPG

I've built / jerry rigged up a new exhaust fan. I'm also considering a second exhaust hole. Right now I have a single high rpm 130cfm computer fan. I have roughly 72 cubic feet in my room. 4x3x8 but after subtracting for the angled stairs its about 72cu.

The new fan I have no idea the cfm but I'm guessing at least double. Its a double barrel fan from an old air filter I had here. Going to box it in around my exhaust and see how much air it sucks. If not I'll just cut a second hole and that will definitely suck enough air with 2 exhausts.

Right now my room is under positive pressure because of heat issues. My current exhaust just isn't powerful enough to suck in enough air passively . so I have a larger then needed intake fan for the time being. Hopefuy this new exhaust will cause negative pressure in the room without having to move the intake fan.

More updates with pictures later.

Plants are still neon green. Kinda making me mad I can't just do something now. But I know less is more from trial and error and I won't be correcting anything till next watering. Hopefully fixing.

99% sure it N deff. And I've read aquarium water might fix it. I have close to 20,000 gallons of aquariums and ponds so it shouldn't be an issue. if it works I may just start using aquarium water as my base.

New exhaust installed, Lights on for 3 hours. Temps at stable 28c I'm about 14 inch from the closest top. Furthest about 2 feet. Now I still think I'm going to put a second exhaust hole. just to maybe drop temps a few more degrees.

Still strange my weed is all lime green. I had some yieldmaster outdoor grow time release stuff. I mixed it in water then strained it. Gave me a solution of 430ppm. And by the analysis on the bucket its mostly N and its mostly organic. Might do the trick if not I'm just going to go grab a bottle of GH grow next week.

Power outtage at home. Some drunk bastard hit a sub station a few hours ago. Lol its 12:25 pm now, he either got started early or didn't finish from the night before. Lights come on at noon...... And this won't be fixed for awhile if not till tomorrow. I drove up the street earlier to just to double check the neighbourhood. Seen all the trucks n shit. Asked the power company dude and he said "should be fixed by tonight" so in other words probably not tonight lol

I have some flashlights I could leave in the room till midnight. Should I do this or just say fuck it and they will be fine without light for 1 maybe 2 lights on phases?

Pics lol. And I was posting pics wrong this whole time. Lol

Buds are bigger then I've seen in my room at this point. First HPS grow, and a few things I see right off the get go. The mh I had, the buds were much more stickey. These buds are still sticky just not as much. But much much bigger for sure.

Still neon green leafs. Lol oh well nothing seems to be lacking in bud production so I'll just carry on.
I guess I will find out in 3-4 weeks.
IMG_59554.JPG

Back
Top Bottom