Pineapple Kush - Perpetual - 1000w

Here is a pic update, got some better shots . not the best but better.

Here is my mess of a mother plant lol I repotted it later that night.
IMG_60322.JPG

IMG_60292.JPG

clones cut over the last month. 6 big ones are going outside this week in the yard should free up some room.
IMG_60362.JPG

IMG_60342.JPG

My dwc project.
IMG_60282.JPG

And some budshots.
IMG_60432.JPG

IMG_60483.JPG

Thanks for tuning in. Any questions comments or concerns?

Thanks guys. :)
And this harvest I will do a smoke report for sure! Thanks for reminding me.

I haven't grown this strain to its full potential yet. This might be my best shot so far. 1 batch I had come out decent with my 400w. And even then I know it wasn't up to par for the strain. Airy buds, decent smell , didn't taste like much though.

Another note.

Watered today. Still running Lucas formula with addition of liquid Nkoolbloom. Thinking about trying 1-2-3 formula next round if nitrogen def continues.

Flower room
12 plants 4 gallons total.
32ml micro
64ml bloom
8ml kill bloom.

Veg.
Rockwool clones got 6ph water only.
12 clones and mother plant got 1 gallon.
4ml micro
8ml bloom.

I saw you post about greenthumbs cabinet and his suggestion.

Go with whatever works best for you and your space available.

I built my own here is my best estimate on cost for my cabinet
Plywood - get what ever you want but I used the best looking least expensive sheets of sheathing. $20 tops per sheet x 3 sheets
Studs - I picked up 10 but only needed about 5-6. @ $3-4 ea. $30
Insulation - not needed but helps keep it sound proof and air tight if done right. $10 x 3. $30
Ducting - 4" dryer duct $5
Screws - had them but honestly a couple $. Est. $5 have no idea, haven't needed them in a while.
Carbon filter - I bought a small 4" one but only spent $55 because it was just the filter without a fan.
Fans - $20-25 ea. 4" inline but I really need 6" or bigger @ 30-35 ea. $60-70 (Need 2)
Lights I already had them but I think $150-180 for the cfl hood and $225 for the 200/400w switchable HPS hood. $375-405

So for the box alone not including lights I spent about $200 or so. But I didn't really spent that much. I waited until after Christmas and asked everyone for a gift card to the local home improvement store.

With left over supplies I built a small 2x2x4 veg room. Well it wasn't my intent but I came across a male and ended up building it because I wanted to collect the pollen and make my own widow seeds as well as trying a cross breed experiment. I think I had to pick up another sheet of sheathing so add another 10-20 on that depending on the type you get. my flower room is 4x2x6. I would love two of these size cabinets and use this small one I just threw together for males only. But that requires reorganizing the basement again.

Here's my perpetual plan.

My flower room can only hold about 3 large plants. Because of that, I don't really need a large veg space, I plan to veg 2 seeds now for one month and flower times take about 8-10 weeks+. Also I'm going to make a mother and put cuttings into veg for about 6 weeks spaced out every 5 weeks.

Thanks for that info man. I may look into building because of money and for customization. I would love to setup a dual chamber for veg and flower. And run my 1kw HPs in flower and my 400w mh in veg.

That sounds just about perfect!

If you like go run a sea of clones, your vegging room and mothering area each need to be enough for a large plant.
If you like to run big beautiful ladies from seed your vegging area might be double your flowering area.
If you do two months from seed to flower, the rooms are about the same size.

My vegging area has about 2/3 the floor space of my flowering area and it is too small for continuous production with larger plants. I'm considering a new room for flowering but can't really justify buying another light :(

That sounds just about perfect!

If you like go run a sea of clones, your vegging room and mothering area each need to be enough for a large plant.
If you like to run big beautiful ladies from seed your vegging area might be double your flowering area.
If you do two months from seed to flower, the rooms are about the same size.

My vegging area has about 2/3 the floor space of my flowering area and it is too small for continuous production with larger plants. I'm considering a new room for flowering but can't really justify buying another light :(

Im done with seed thank god lol clones is the only way to stay true perpetual, seeds have too many variables to keep an eye on, in my opinion that is.
What you said pretty much rings true. But the strain I got grows funny and retarded fast. I can put a 3 inch clone into flower, 3 weeks later the plant is 2.5 feet tall. Decent size plant too, a bit stretchy is my only complaint. Don't need much veg time. The mother plant I'm scared to flower lol. Thing might get 7 feet tall on me lol as for clone production that little plant I posted pics of I can hack down to a stump and get 30-40 clones.... 3 weeks later she will be the size she is now lol

My veg area only needs to be less then 1/4 of my flower room. I have way to many clones cut right now in there. I could probably even get away with even less space. However I'm not going to grow pk only forever..... This I must consider.I plan on getting some new trains sometime this month so this game plan could

I just need 6 of each at all times. 12 in flower, 6 in veg for a week and 6 clones.

Thanks for giving me some things to consider, and possabably change my game plan.

Cheers.

Hahahahha you got me there.

Back to the planing now. Looking for a place in the basement to put an 8x4x8 box and a 4x4x4 box. Then maybe in the future I can consider setting up this second 1kw and the 400for veg clones.
Just when I thought I had it all figured out lol

Should I be trimming all this undergrowth, To help bud production? Or am I too late in the game for that being as I'm 6 weeks from 12/12?

IMG_60474.JPG

This is one of the most debatable topics on here. To defol or not to defol, that is the question.

I have a personal preference that I will share but take it with a grain of salt. I would clip off just the lower bud growth and leave the fan leaves. The plant will put valuable energy and resources into forming lower buds that will never be close to the potency of the tops (unless you harvest just the tops then keep flowering the lowers which wastes time IMO). I make the plant put its growth energy where I want it by leaving the best tops and buds. By keeping the sun or fan leaves you'll still allow the plant to create the maximum level of energy through photosynthesis. I only clip fan leaves if they are more than 50% dead or yellowed until the final weeks of flower. During the final weeks of flower I slowly defol the major fan leaves as the plant actually will switch to resin production and not much photosynthetic energy is needed.

Should I be trimming all this undergrowth, To help bud production? Or am I too late in the game for that being as I'm 6 weeks from 12/12?

IMG_60474.JPG

I just caught that you are 6 weeks from 12/12.
I'm confused with you calculating that way.
By the photo you are already in full flower, why delay 12/12?

I'm a new grower, so I am in no way assuming superior knowledge, just curious.

I just caught that you are 6 weeks from 12/12.
I'm confused with you calculating that way.
By the photo you are already in full flower, why delay 12/12?

I'm a new grower, so I am in no way assuming superior knowledge, just curious.

Sometimes things in my head come out clearer then when I type them lol and yea I did word that all fucked up hahahha

6th week of flowering, that was a lot easier. Lol

Also to respond to your first post, I was talking about cutting the small popcorn buds and leafs off the bottom. Plants are 3 feet tall.

Cheers man.

Back
Top Bottom