Pinnacle's First Journal & Grow - Let's Go Hydro

What's up :420:

I am very relieved to say that the plants are looking much better this morning just before lights went out. I can't exactly say what caused the droopiness but i am happy regardless. I have added some polystyrene around the bottom of the smart pots to allow for more airation and hopefully they will dry out quicker. I will probably turn the canopy fan up when lights come back on later. I am running at night to help with the cold if anyone is wondering.

As for the OG Kush. I have a case where the seed does not seem to be coming off the cotelydons. I think it is almost at the point where i should be trying to assist in removing it. Although i am concerned i do more harm than good. If anyone has an idea of wether i should just leave it be and see after another day or perhaps this evening i should attempt to remove it. How long can it stay that way before it becomes an issue? As always, i appreciate any feedback.

Other than that all is good. Hoping to get a lot done this evening and over the weekend. So stay tuned :ganjamon:

Peace :Namaste:

I've never tried dwc but it's flagged my interest to do it winter time next year. Have a nice spot I need to work on abit. Where did your OGK come from, as I had some by dinafim but was new to growing so never quite got it 100%. Got 1 seed left for spring so going to do it properly outside, put her in a 1msq planter box...

Had some haze2.0 auto from dfem too, but didn't work out well over winter, so bring on sept...
at the moment I carry they go out in the morning and in at night under CFL 18/6..

Mooi set up you have going.... Nice fellas ol Bilbo and Bonsai....:high-five:

howdy mr.Pinn, for the young lady who got stuck with her bonnet, drop a cpl drops of water to soften the shell and if she doesn't do it add some more drops and ease it off, they look dainty but I do it myself.....
^^^^ This...and fast. She won't live long with the seed casing on her.....Just be gentle...

I've never tried dwc but it's flagged my interest to do it winter time next year. Have a nice spot I need to work on abit. Where did your OGK come from, as I had some by dinafim but was new to growing so never quite got it 100%. Got 1 seed left for spring so going to do it properly outside, put her in a 1msq planter box...

Had some haze2.0 auto from dfem too, but didn't work out well over winter, so bring on sept...
at the moment I carry they go out in the morning and in at night under CFL 18/6..

Mooi set up you have going.... Nice fellas ol Bilbo and Bonsai....:high-five:

Happy to report that exact tactic has worked :thumb: i took a spray bottle and sprayed close to the shell. Literally 10minutes later it popped off and is just on slightly but wont cause harm there. Will remove it later if it's still on. Thanks for the advice Smeegs. Will post a pic later when i get a chance.

As for the ogk i also got from dinafem. Really looking forward to it but i'm yet to reach my first harvest so lets see how it will turn out. I'm looking forward to the dwc but just hope i'm not trying too soon. Doesn't seem too complicated though. I also got some moby dick from dinafem for spring time. :yummy: i think that should be good.

Otherwise it's been a good day. Plants are happy so i'm happy :slide:

I'd be jumping up and down looking at your plants....lol. I've had 3 back ops in the last 4 years, so I've never completed a harvest yet either. Every time I get started I end up having another backop so all my plants go to my brother and he finishes them on the farm but it's winter so they look like stompies outdoors.....:high-five::rofl: and it's my boets 1st time growing as well so we both learning still

I'd be jumping up and down looking at your plants....lol. I've had 3 back ops in the last 4 years, so I've never completed a harvest yet either. Every time I get started I end up having another backop so all my plants go to my brother and he finishes them on the farm but it's winter so they look like stompies outdoors.....:high-five::rofl: and it's my boets 1st time growing as well so we both learning still

Geez man that sound's a bit rough. Hopefully the last op sorted everything out. Sorry to hear that. I must say there is something about growing that makes me want to learn everything i can.

Im very keen to see how these dinafem strains go. I also have some interesting strains from barneys and green house seeds but will only want to grow those once i really got things dialled in :ganjamon:

Hey :420:

Update Day 12 of flower

What's up guys. Sorry for lack of an update. I have had a super busy weekend and just haven't time to post anything until now.

The flower tent is starting to look really decent to me. The one blue cheese called betty is still slowly recovering the droopiness, will keep an eye out for her in case it goes south. She was dry yesterday so gave her and the others a good feeding. I got a feeling the plants won't stretch too much in total. I still plan to do a big defol around week 3. Until then just been keeping it clean towards the bottom. I just love the way the amnesia haze is growing. Which is why im super stoked that when i got home this evening i looked to see 2 of the 3 amnesia clones i took have rooted. Will see if i can try keep one as a bonsai mom. :yummy:

Now as for the OG Kush that had her seed shell stuck on for a couple days is finally in the DWC bucket. The hydro journey officialy begins. I started out with quarter strength of the GH trio. P.H is sitting at 5.8 water temp is 18°C. The first true leaves seem to have started out a bit rough due to the seed issue, but it is getting much better by the day. She seems to be going strong for now. :thumb:

The other OG seed didn't germinate. So popped another one into some RO water last night and into paper towl this evening. Hopeully she can catch up to the other one.

Let me know what your thought's are.

Peace :Namaste:

I'm more hopeful of success with this most recent op as no graft eats away at the piggy bank..
I've got green crack and gorilla glue ( both autos ) and white widow regular coming from seed supreem so a awsome summer hopefully, make some seeds hopefully....

What do you have from Barneys and Green house...??

Sorry for late reply.

I got Super lemon haze and Pineapple Chunk from Green house, and a Kings Kush from Barneys. Super keen on them.

Just going to see how long i can clone and keep these strains for as well as the ones i got now. Going to need more space soon. :D

What's up :420:

My apologies again for no recent updates. It has been a very busy last 2 weeks with work and personal stuff. Have unfortunately had very little time with the plants but they all seem to be doing well.

The first update will be with the DWC OG kush. I have had endless trouble trying to germinate using rock whool. I just have not had the same success as i do when going from paper towl into soil. I tried germinating another OG kush. The same thing happened with the shell getting stuck on the cotyledons. I reacted alot sooner than the previous one and dropped some water on it and helped remove it, but now it seems extremely stunted even worse than the one before. It has taken a week just for the first true leaves to start showing and they have not even formed properly. With such a bad start can the seedling ever get back into normal growth speeds or will it remain a slow bloomer? Considering wether i should keep it going or rather geminate something else. As for the other OG currently in DWC that seems to be doing well. The roots are just starting to hit the res water line so im expecting some really good growth in the next couple days. Yesterday i did the second res change. Increased the ppm to about 420 as it seems a lighter green than last week. I have also been told the strain is generally a light green color so i don't think there is much to worry about. So far i am really enjoying the DWC setup. Has been really simple to this point. Just hope i am following the feeding schedule correctly. But im sure the plants will let me know if im not. Getting really tight node spacing from the cfl.

As for the clone she is doing great. Already filling out the small 5lt pot she is in and will get a transplant to final pot in 2-3 weeks. Still deciding on either a 3gal or 5gal smart pot for her. With the way her mother is doing in flower i am so glad i got a clone of her. Hope to keep this strain for as long as i possibly can.

And last but certainly not least the flowering tent so far is very close to the expectations i had for the first grow. After much contemplating and research i decided to give the major defol a skip. Being a first grow i did not want to accidently do the wrong thing and hurt my yield. It is something i will experiment with more in the future but thought it would be best to have a starting point of a first grow with no major defol. I have only removed a few fan leaves which were blocking a lot of light. The only thing that is bothering me slightly is i am finding it difficult to read the true colors of the plants under hps. It is not really simple for me to take the plants out into natural light to check properly. Any one with any advice on this? Besides that from what i can tell under the hps is there doesn't seem to be any deficiencies or toxicity.
I can see the beginning of the thc crystals forming now. Hoping these girls get really frosty. If all goes to plan should be looking to harvest the blue cheese at the end of the month. Can't flippen wait. Sorry about the shitty pics..

Let me know what you guys think or if you got any questions let me know.:ganjamon:

Peace:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom