Plants too tall for cabinet

CoolCabber

Anybody out there that has one of these systems (cool cab hydro system) with any recomendations on how deal with the hieght of the plants please let me know. Is topping the best way? If so and I'm several weeks into the veg stage is this too early too late? I'm not really sure because I can't find a good video on topping/FIM/Super Cropping etc...

topping at any stage while they are vegging is fine, check some of the grow journals for more info on how are growers have done it.

Anybody out there that has one of these systems (cool cab hydro system) with any recomendations on how deal with the hieght of the plants please let me know. Is topping the best way? If so and I'm several weeks into the veg stage is this too early too late? I'm not really sure because I can't find a good video on topping/FIM/Super Cropping etc...

How much height do you have? Depending on the plant you should allow for up to a doubling in height during flowering. If you just need more head space chop them back or train them to a solid canopy. I regularly cut my plants back to stubs a couple of times to develop a strong main stem and huge root system before I flower in DWC.

Once in the tubs I let them grow to about 12" with 4-6 sets of branches. Three weeks maybe. Then I cut them back to three sets of branches and cut the branches back to to nodes each. A week or two later I do the same to the new growth. Then I let them veg for another week or two and 12/12 them when they're about 18" high. They end up around three feet but are lower 'cause I let them flop over. I call it "Late Super Cropping". Or "The lazy man's way to kick-start the lower buds" Take your pick.

It doesn't matter if it's in a Cool Cab or not. You just need to make the best use of the space available.

vipers hit the nail on the heas.suppercrop an d make sure you prune nicely.I've seen people over grow them all the time.it always happens.The way i've seen that situation delt with is to use indicas super cop them and make sure you prune rite.this is the way i've seen to be most successful and i mean successful.With small cabs it really limits you to a time schedule you can set you r clockbby it if you have a srain that your always planning to grow with.and chances are it will either an indica or hybrid thats ostly indica, unless you do like viper said and "BREAK THEM BITCHES"

thats true dpending on the strain.I've had strains not stretch more then 3 inches after 12/12, or if you have to cut the strech cause thier to big, then when you switch to 12/12 give your girls at least 24 hours of STRAIGHT darkness to help cut the strech out, they will actually go straight to flowering, this will also cut your wait time til harvest.
the down side is no strech means a slight decrease in harvest weight.

Your right it depends on the strane. I am use to the added groth because I grow mostly hybirds. HAZE croses 50 to 80 %.
I will try the 24 hour darkness on my next clone bloom....thanks

thats the thing i'm inbetween about the haze crosses i like the strech cause i have the room, but i hat ethe wait time, BUT damn haze is sooo tastey.

I'm going to find the direct quote for you on the darkness thing.I'v edone it before with some sativas.If i'm correct the growers bible says 32 hours. I did 24 and it worked for me but i'll find that quote if i can. and yeah your suppose to leave the plants in darkness at the end as well for 32 hours as well.but not everyone does that.it tends to tur the trich more amber and i like mine 50 50 ratio

My present crop is Haze x NL#5 I have grown this strane before good bulk and what a buzz..........Next im trying Blue Cheese and Pure Power Plant and Haze x NY Diesel.....we will see which is the best for a mother plant for cloning............toke on

Take a clone from each plant before bloom. find out what plant works the best for you then make that clone your mother. you will have the strain you like the most, make sure you mark them well.

We doing just that I started growing using cuttings from friends, other folks that had a crops growing. It wasent untill 10 years ago that I started growing from seed inported. I now have 4 strains now for mothers and I just clone of a clone of a plant always in 18 hour cycle. Grow them about a month or 3 feet tall which ever comes first them hit them with a darkness and bloom them out about 2.5 months.....:roorrip:I love to Grow!:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom