Plants yellowing and curling a bit various symptoms with albums 2 days apart

melb

Ok so a couple of days ago I posted on another forum with this gallery of my sick little girls!

this is them a couple of days ago imgur: the simple image sharer

I've really tried to self diagnose, I was watering with a ph of 7, I bought some pH down and brought it to 5.5-6 with a better testing kit, I also put some thrive in, not super thrive, aussie version I think it's weaker. And so here are my plants 2 days later: sick plants - Imgur

They are still shrivelled and yellow and some of them even have blotches on the round leaves. What should I do! My soil is coco coir and I haven't use ANY nutrients yet just this thrive stuff which is pH neutral too. I used this once yesterday so otherwise I've just been watering them, for the first 20 days I was not watering them enough at all which may be it but I started watering them until there was run off under the little pots for the first time 3 days ago, I was worried about rotting, when will I see improvements? The new leaves are coming will they be fine?

Thanks a lot! Nik

Don't use any nutrients yet. Make sure lights are far enough away.

Does that soil, looks like coco, have nuts in it, and is it for seedlings?

Just water with ph 6.0. Only water after the soil is dry on top. Totally dry on top, so that you have to stick you finger in a good inch before you feel moister. If you stick your finger in and it feels wet, don't water.

Don't use any nutrients yet. Make sure lights are far enough away.

Does that soil, looks like coco, have nuts in it, and is it for seedlings?

Just water with ph 6.0. Only water after the soil is dry on top. Totally dry on top, so that you have to stick you finger in a good inch before you feel moister. If you stick your finger in and it feels wet, don't water.

it's 0/0/0 coco and no no nutes, I don't think I made the ideal medium for seedlings but I just want advice on how to recover :)

thanks!

In that case what I would do, is first be sure all the basics are covered. Letting it dry out enough before watering again, as overwatering can look just like nute lockout.

Because such new plants don't need nutrients yet, and shouldn't look as yours do, I need more info to see what is wrong.

Are you sure to followed the exact measurments for the thrive, as you use very, very little of it. My root stimulator is 1mL per gallon of water. A teaspoon is 5mL, so 1tsp per 5 gallons of water.

Check the run off water. To do this, wait until they are dry, then water with 6.0 water. You need a digital PH meter, not drop tests. Then water, and use a shot glass to capture water that runs out the bottom. Check that water.

Back
Top Bottom