Beginner here! Do these seedlings look healthy?

herm

Hey guys, first grower here looking to improve.

#1 BIG BUD

#2 CRITICAL PURPLE

both photoperiods

Here's what I noticed:
- First plant is growing a bit slow and is showing some purple
- Second plant has a tad yellow tinge but growing faster than the counterpart
(GF's clearweed for colour comparison)

Here's what I (maybe) did wrong:
- Used vinegar as pH dwn for 3-4 days
- Left humidifier on too high accidentally, leaving tent at 100 + RH for an hour, the room was literally a cloud
- Didn't have any passive intake or any airflow for the first few days out of germ dome
- Was turning exhaust fan off at night, until yesterday
- Passive intake too wide (wasn't creating negative air pressure)

Here's my current setup:
- Light 24" from canopy
- Water level is 1"/1.5" above net
- Passive intake with a fan sitting parallel pointing up
- Exhaust running 24/7
- Nute trio being used. CalMag and B1 sitting idle.
- Res temp kept 17-22 degrees C (Currently 19-20C)
- pH 6.3
- PPM 450

I cleaned the hydroton and res last night with a couple sprays of H202 because the room smelt fishy (I'm guessing from not enough airflow/vinegar). I did notice the roots looked OK (to me).
- Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon, should I give these more time now that I'm not torturing them or pop new seeds ASAP?
It's also worth noting that I may have calibrated my pH tester wrong, I just got testing strips today and they are reading below what I had expected. For example, my tap water was testing 7.1 before and is now testing 6.9.

pH sensor vs strips:

RESERVOIR:
Sensor: 6.6
Strip:
TAP:
Sensor: 6.9
Strip:
Is there anything else I can do to calibrate my pH sensor at home?

I wrote this 12 hours ago, they are looking a bit better but pH is drifting at an annoying rate and PPM is still high, what's the best thing to combat these issues?

Sorry for the flux of questions/information but I want these to become healthy as possible. Thanks a bunch!

I think your water should be below your net pot? Your ph is wayyy to high if you are correct, it should be more like 5.8 or even a little less! Get some proper ph down and make sure you use a calibrated meter. I dunno if I would trust the strips.

My water is just barely touching it now. I might order some calibration, i shouldve left the ph tester as it was from factory, i also managed to break my ppm reader today. there goes another $50 but for weed it's worth it.. I dropped the pH to 6 but like I said the reader could be off give or take .4 , any suggestions for calibration fluid or whatever

You REALLY need a pH pen.
You need to be drifting between 5.8-6.2.
The paper test isn’t accurate enough for hydro. .4 is a big deal.

You REALLY need a pH pen.
You need to be drifting between 5.8-6.2.
The paper test isn’t accurate enough for hydro. .4 is a big deal.

Thanks for the input. Not sure if I added this in the post but my pH pen is not calibrated and I water damaged my ppm reader. I'm going to shell out the extra money for this product, I think will be worth it in the long run. The only thing it doesn't calculate is the room atmosphere which I have hygrometer for.

I'm sure a 240w Quantum Board wouldn't hurt my setup either. A bit worried about ordering from Shenzen right now in all honestly though.

Seriously, I don't mind spending the $ when it comes to weed. I've smoked a couple Tesla's worth...

Honestly the plants look fine to me. Give them time. A couple of my last seedlings looked a little yellowy

Thanks! They aren't as yellow today but given the things I see online, my pH is drifting way too drastically so something is wrong in terms of temp/EC/algae.. I know for sure adding vinegar didn't make them happy. I'm going to buy a kit that gives all the readings right to my phone just to be sure though. I'm too damn tall to be bent over checking 30 things.

Back
Top Bottom