Plato420's Soil Grow - Pure Kush - BD - OG - NL - BlackJack 2011

thanks xbox! looking forward to a wonderful fragrance and hope the can 33 can efficiently take care of the it.

I think the skywalker OG will have the most fragrance as I can already smell her, sort of like a sweet grapefruit kind of smell with notes of cat piss. the pure kush is also starting to put out a nice smell however its still very light, the others Norther Light, Blackjack, and Blue Dream don't really have much of a smell yet. The Blue dream looks to be the farthest along and she definitely had the best and healthiest root system. I think on my next grow i will not let the soil dry out as much as I did. I let the soil get bone dry a couple times which was enough to make a couple of the plants wilt thus some of the leaves tips dried up leaving them crisp and brown and never fully recovered with brown tips and some leaves just turned yellow and fell off. I think I'm starting to get the hang of when they need water and how much. I'm mixing around 5 gallons of water for 8 plants, so its a little over a half gallon of water per plant every other day. They are drinking it up cause the soil gets super dry really fast. I am looking into soil amendments subculture B and subculture M from GH GO line to keep my roots healthy all the way through the end of flower and keeping all those little microbes nice and happy! I would like to also pick up some Bio Marine and Black Forrest humic acid. Currently planted in FF Happy Frog which I am happy with it for now. But researching and building for the future. Next grow I will be mixing my own soil and going with less nutes.

When the lights come on tonight at 8pm it will be day 16 of flower and my RH is at 60% and sometimes a little higher. I need to get a dehumidifier cause the AC unit is not doing in by itself.

Question - my cab temps from day to night only fluctuate a few degrees lights on 78F - max 82F but lights off is around 75F or 76F. I am really trying to keep the night temps low but has been very difficult even with the AC on and light off. I have head that lower night temps with help with potency so is it safe to say that I will not have as good of potency without these lower temps or do you think this is okay? Otherwise I will need to crank the AC up and want to avoid that if possible cause of the electric cost.

They are really looking great. The Skywalker that I accidentally topped shot all its side branches up and looks WAY better than the other. So that was a happy accident and will post some pics to see the difference.

When the lights come on tonight at 8pm it will be day 16 of flower and my RH is at 60% and sometimes a little higher. I need to get a dehumidifier cause the AC unit is not doing in by itself.

Question - my cab temps from day to night only fluctuate a few degrees lights on 78F - max 82F but lights off is around 75F or 76F. I am really trying to keep the night temps low but has been very difficult even with the AC on and light off. I have head that lower night temps with help with potency so is it safe to say that I will not have as good of potency without these lower temps or do you think this is okay? Otherwise I will need to crank the AC up and want to avoid that if possible cause of the electric cost.

They are really looking great. The Skywalker that I accidentally topped shot all its side branches up and looks WAY better than the other. So that was a happy accident and will post some pics to see the difference.

There is much more to potency than just temperature differences between your day and night time temps.

Sure having a 10 to 15 degree, f, difference in your temps would be ideal, I don't think it's a make or break...like if you don't have that then you should just trash your grow and move on...

I'd say that if all of your other variables are consistently good, the difference in temps would make a minimal difference. That is unless you're running temps consistently over 85 degrees f. Then you may have growth issues.

:Namaste:

Thanks Giantsfan! I didn't think it was super serious but

Also for 420 I went to the ice store and picked up there minimum of 10lb of dry ice and turned off the fans and carbon filter dropped the dry ice in some hot water and let them soak up the CO2. I did a video of this so I will see if I can post that. Is it possible post a video here with out it being uploaded to a youtube or video embedding first? not sure but going to look it up to try to find out. I think they are looking good but not sure what the beginning of week 3 flower should look like since this is my first cannabis grow. I'm trying not to compare to other strains at this point because the Blue Dream is starting to look really nice where as the Pure kush only has tiny little popcorn buds forming. Which I attribute to being a pure kush plant because from what I hear they produce less than a hybrid kush plant. This is definitely exciting and a learning experience. I have only gone over my budget a little bit so far but I still have several things I need to get. A dehumidifier $275 and a Stealth 100 RO $225 and several other little things. total still needed to finish my set up is around another $1000. First and foremost is to get that dehumidifier to get the RH down to around 40% instead of 65% which is really starting to worry me. I think if I can get this by week 5 of flower I should be good but hope to get it sooner.

Okay after about an hour in the room with the girls I noticed a little powder mildew showing up again. Damn!!! this sucks. I need to lower RH ASAP to help stop this other wise its going to be a battle I don't want to fight. Going to home depot tomorrow got to get an inexpensive dehumidifier for now. Any idea on what will work best for around $50? Anyone know anything about evadry?

Okay after about an hour in the room with the girls I noticed a little powder mildew showing up again. Damn!!! this sucks. I need to lower RH ASAP to help stop this other wise its going to be a battle I don't want to fight. Going to home depot tomorrow got to get an inexpensive dehumidifier for now. Any idea on what will work best for around $50? Anyone know anything about evadry?

I bought an Eva Dry petite dehumidifier and it works great. It's the 1100. The static dehumidifiers did nothing for my box.

I bought an Eva Dry petite dehumidifier and it works great. It's the 1100. The static dehumidifiers did nothing for my box.

Good call Giantsfan going to make some calls to see if I can find this around town. If not will order online today!

With my RH at 60-65% how much do you think the evadry 1100 will perform? Do you think it will bring it down to at least 50%?

What was your RH before and after the evadry 1100? just curious. this seems to have great reviews so will pick this up and hope it brings my cab down to 40% or close to it we will see.

Will keep you posted on how the mildew removal is going and I found it at the right time because it is just starting to develop so hope to kick this stuff.

Good call Giantsfan going to make some calls to see if I can find this around town. If not will order online today!

With my RH at 60-65% how much do you think the evadry 1100 will perform? Do you think it will bring it down to at least 50%?

What was your RH before and after the evadry 1100? just curious. this seems to have great reviews so will pick this up and hope it brings my cab down to 40% or close to it we will see.

Will keep you posted on how the mildew removal is going and I found it at the right time because it is just starting to develop so hope to kick this stuff.

I was running in the mid 70's and it brought it down into the mid 50's for me. After I water, it always climbs up into the low 60's but I haven't gotten anywhere close to 70% since I got it.

Part of that is the unit and part of that is ambient. The nice thing is that there is a little reservoir that fills with water to let you know it's working. I empty it about every other day about 1/2 full.

I've had no problems with pm since getting it. I also treated with Safer to change the ph in the leaves to be more resistent to pm.

Got a dehumidifier the 45 quart, should have gotten the 70 quart but the RH is down to between 45 and 50% I was really hoping to get it down to 40% but i will settle for close to it for now. Been spraying the couple of power mildew spots with mildew cure and with the dehumidifier running on high its already disappearing. The Cab temp has been all over the place as high as 87 while trying to figure out the best set up for vent / intake. Have been tinkering with it and finally have a good set up. The temp is stable at 81.5F with just the fan on no AC running, thank goodness for the cool nights right now. Will post some pics tomorrow. Just sold my camera today so these are the last GOOD pics I will have for a while. I will still take pics with my phone and post.:tokin:

I was running in the mid 70's and it brought it down into the mid 50's for me. After I water, it always climbs up into the low 60's but I haven't gotten anywhere close to 70% since I got it.

Part of that is the unit and part of that is ambient. The nice thing is that there is a little reservoir that fills with water to let you know it's working. I empty it about every other day about 1/2 full.

I've had no problems with pm since getting it. I also treated with Safer to change the ph in the leaves to be more resistent to pm.

Thanks Giansfan! I went with the 45 pint for $170. I was worried I would not get it down as far as I wanted with the evadry. Do you ever use the dehumidifier water to water your girls with? Have you heard of any one using it?

Here are a bunch of images in no particular order. Also If anyone has any info on trimming while in flower that would be great! I have been looking for info but have not found much yet. I want to trim the lower branches with no or minimal bud formation to help the top flowers but not sure if I should cut the branches or not. Thanks and as I said before this is the last batch of photos with my good camera. However I'm looking to borrow a camera from a friend, if that doesn't happen then its iphone photos from now to harvest.
Its Day 19 flower most of these were taken on day 16 or 17.

IMG_8184.JPG
IMG_81742.JPG
IMG_81701.JPG
IMG_81681.JPG
IMG_8164.JPG
IMG_8159.JPG
IMG_81541.JPG
IMG_81461.JPG
IMG_8145.JPG
IMG_81601.JPG
IMG_8158.JPG
IMG_8157.JPG
IMG_81431.JPG
IMG_81421.JPG
IMG_81402.JPG
IMG_81351.JPG
IMG_8127.JPG
IMG_8126.JPG

So I went ahead and cut the bottom branches on each plant. Lots of long steams with a tiny bud on top. Hoping this will help the rest of the plant increase it bud size just wish I would have done MOST this at the end of VEG.

The first image is the Skywalker without topping and the second is the plant that I accidentally topped. I know topped plants are supposed to yield more but I was going to do this on my second grow to see the difference and also try LST method.
IMG_81431.JPG
IMG_81421.JPG

So I just got done watering and found these supper tiny white things floating on top of the overflow water. Then I look closer and they are moving around a bit. I put my face really close to try to see them and realized when you blow on them they move around the surface of the water very easy sort of like they are on top of the water. Does anyone know what this might be? Good or Bad? I am using General Organics line of products and not sure what I should do? If anyone has any info on this this would be great. I have searched the forms, journals and other post that help with diagnosing issues and have not found anything so far. Again any info is very much appreciated!!!:lot-o-toke:

Did some more research and found several things to narrow it down but none of the cases are exactly like what I saw. I took a piece of tape and captured several of these things from the top of the water and looked at them under the microscope. They are so small you can hardly see them with the naked eye. They have a very larva sort of look to it. Not sure exactly what this thing is because they have no legs just an oval body that just sort of flops around to move, which is why they were not moving very much they all just flop around in a tiny little grouping. For PM I used a spray mix of 10ml of neem oil and 60ml of sm90 for a soil drench with 1 liter of water. Not sure if this will do anything but my next watering I am going to give the plants a good flush.

So I have pinpointed my issue. They are called Root Aphid mainly my Pure Kush is the one experiencing the issues and the one that I was able to collect the sample specimen from. So one of the main things that I noticed that the Root Aphids cause is Interveinal Chlorosis of the mid to lower leaves and the PK had this going on. I am assuming what I saw were babies hence why they had no legs. The cure that I will be using is called BotaniGaurd. This is the microbiological way to remove this pest. Have not researched this product yet but will be picking it up form either the store or the internet tomorrow.

IMG_018811.JPG

Nice to see you identified the problem relatively quick man. If you waited any longer, who knows how much damage those suckers could have caused. Once you've got that under control, it should be smooth sailing till you harvest those beauties right there. Your gonna get a ton of smokage of them gals :Rasta:

Hey thanks Xbox! I was just doing some reading in a garden magazine and found that big pick and it looked almost exactly like what I saw under the scope, only with no legs. Got super lucky with that find. I feel like its been one thing after the other and really hope your right about smooth sailing because I could use a bit of that about now. I have most of the gear I need now so just finding my rhythm. Also getting my plan set for building or buying a drying Hut. not sure which yet. thanks again for stopping by!

Back
Top Bottom