Plato420's Soil Grow - Pure Kush - BD - OG - NL - BlackJack 2011

I have been using RO water PH is 6.75. I test the ph before and after adding nutes with general hydroponics liquid ph tester, which I'm not sure if this is very accurate or not. The product says says if its yellow to yellowish green I'm in the correct range, which I have been after adding General Organics Bio Root 5ml and Bio Thirve 5ml to half a gallon of water. On the General Organics web site they say that the "GO" Line will auto PH the water. Do you think it could be caused from over Nutes? The ratio I am using is double strength bio root and regular strength Bio Thrive. BIO ROOT NPK 1-1-1 and BIO THRIVE 4-3-3. thanks for the help HempRocket:tokin:

I was about to say that the RO water was your problem, but i see your adding the nutes to it to compensate for the lost minerals in the water (such as cal-mag). I also use a GH Liquid Drop pH tester and i thing that's fairly accurate, helped keep my gals healthy.

Anyways, yeah those stops look like pH spots. Keep the pH at 6~6.5 range for maximum nutrient absorbtion.

On trimming...I trimmed about a week ago due to some minor powdery mildew issues. My plants are in the third week of flower. Growth was slowed for like a day or two at the most then buds took off again.

Today, comparing pics to yesterday's update, I noticed the buds got thicker and fuller.

Trimming didn't hurt me at all. I don't know that I recommend it though unless there is an issue. There is overwhelming opinions against trimming unless absolutely necessary. I'm in agreement with that.

:Namaste:

Well i just use this tester and i get get the color as close to 6.5. If its a bit more yellow than light green that i just keep it. I mean, if its in the ball park you should be fine.

I use this as a back up...right now it's my primary as my meter is acting up.

These are pretty accurate and once you see a couple of color variations, pretty easy to call the ph..

Thanks again for input from everyone!!! I need some advice again.

I just switched to 12/12 either 2 or 3 days ago and I just spotted some more powder mildew. Should I put them back to a veg cycle till I take care of the powder mildew? Also should I take all the plants out the tent and clean with a mild bleach solution? I though I had this all under control... but guess not. Thanks in advance. :Namaste:

Okay so I went back to veg 18/6 Cycle after 2 days of 12/12. I hope this doesn't have a negative effect on the ladies. I sprayed a combination of Neem oil and SM-90. I also have an OMRI insecticide and mildew cure that I will use once or twice this final week of veg. Also I got my 600hps set up.

Transplanted the bigger plants and will transplant the younger plants in a few days.

I trimmed all leaves that had powder mildew and have not done any cleaning of the tent yet but still thinking about it. I will post some more pics soon.

Okay so I went back to veg 18/6 Cycle after 2 days of 12/12. I hope this doesn't have a negative effect on the ladies. I sprayed a combination of Neem oil and SM-90. I also have an OMRI insecticide and mildew cure that I will use once or twice this final week of veg. Also I got my 600hps set up.

Transplanted the bigger plants and will transplant the younger plants in a few days.

I trimmed all leaves that had powder mildew and have not done any cleaning of the tent yet but still thinking about it. I will post some more pics soon.

I've been using this for pm and it works great.

Fungicide.jpg

Hope that helps.

thanks Giantsfan! If the Mildew cure doesn't work will give the safer a shot. I hope I can get this taken care of because I am ready to flower and the ladies are going to out grow the tent if I keep them in Veg. I have to start flowering and hope I can kick this mildew issue sooner than later.

When you switch to flower, you're going to see lots of growth. Switch now!! :)

@ giantsfan Do you use the safer after you have started flowering? or only IN VEG?

I know the stuff I have says it can be used to the day of harvest but I don't want to be spraying my flowers with anything if I don't have to.

I have sprayed this in flower. It says in the instructions that you can spray right up to a day before harvest. I wouldn't do that but a week before harvest should be safe.

Thanks for the advice Giantsfan! Very much appreciated. Took your advice and put them into flower.:tokin:

Just transplanted the rest of the ladies to 5 gal containers and need to get a RO filter so I don't have to keep running to the store every time I need to water. Also thinking on getting a dehumidifier to get the RH down to around 40% instead of 60-65% right now. In the mornings the RH is sometimes as high as 70% which is way to high. Hoping this will help control the powder mildew.

so a week ago I installed the

600w HPS
6" Vortex fan Inlet
digital timer

I still need the carbon scrubber which I will be getting in the next week or so. Pics coming soon.

Hey So its been a little while since I posted. Just got my Can 33 combo hooked up and running. I damaged one of the plants and broke the main top off her... shit that sucked they are 8 days into flower now and hope this doesn't slow her flowering down. All plants are starting to show some nice pistols other than the runt which I am considering cutting but not not sure yet. Here are a few pics. I broke my neck in December so once I am healed (a few more weeks) I will get some better pics with the babies outside of the tent in better light.

IMG_80781.JPG
IMG_8081.JPG
IMG_80902.JPG

these pics are from about 1.5 weeks ago.

IMG_8060.JPG
IMG_80541.JPG
IMG_8053.JPG
IMG_80521.JPG
IMG_8050.JPG
IMG_8048.JPG

Hey So here are some more photos I set my camera to the color temp of the light and is much better so no need to take them out of the tent for photos, plus they are getting heavy. After transplant I did not water for about 5 days but that was way to long. I am now watering every other day with RO water cal/mag, bio bud, FFBB, bio root and need to get a couple more nutes for this grow to get me through to the end. Once I'm done with this grow I am going to start mixing my own soil so I can do strait water or close to it for most of my grow. Can't wait! :tokin:

IMG_81051.JPG
IMG_8119.JPG
IMG_81181.JPG
IMG_8116.JPG
IMG_81131.JPG
IMG_81121.JPG
IMG_81111.JPG
IMG_81101.JPG
IMG_81071.JPG

Back
Top Bottom