Please advise: input on Auto-flower lighting?

Seniorweeder

Hello my grow friends and "Happy New Year". I have so far grown all my "Auto-flowers" under 24/7 lighting the entire time and had good results on several occasions. My light is currently a 600 watt Growstar led if that matters. As of lately I have had some folks in here comment that they had good results with 18/6 on their "auto's".

My current Girls are 4 and 6 weeks into flower, does anybody have input on maybe switching this late to 18/6 or just let them run it out? Also, in about 2 weeks I am starting my next grow of "Cream and Pineapple Express" auto's and wondering about how to do their light times? Thanks in advance!

I'm running my autos at 18/6 now, started at 24/day, then 20/4, didn't cause any issues. As harvest gets close I'm going to drop them to 14/10 or 12/12. LED's are hard on terpines, so I'm going to experiment with dropping the light period down to see if I get better "smell".
Good advise here,, thanks a ton grow friend! Get back to me with your final analysis if time permits!

Auto's do what they want and what I found out when I did mine. Over 3 different grows, I gave them 20 on / 4 off till they showed sex. The 4 hours of sleep is very helpful to them.

I dropped down to 18/6, I keep that up until they where heavily into preflower. Then went 14/10 till the tric's just showed the first signs of getting milky.

Then went 12/12 till choppy time the last 10 to 18 days. Also just a side note if you run the nuit's heavy being they are so fast to harvest. When you go to 12/12 try raising the PH to 8.5 will force a lock-out on purpose. It will cause the roots to not pull in any more nuit's the last week and a half. They burn up any nuit's stored in their cells.

Normally it is something you DONOT want to do.

They will still drink the water it just restricts any nuit's in the medium from from entering them. The last 7 to 14 days the purge themselves and you get a nicer smoke. Just my 2 cents ...

Peace ... :Namaste:
:420:

Back
Top Bottom