Please help diagnose - Fourth week hermie? Appreciate your input are these female calyx or seed pods?

dbones

Hi all. Can anyone help please identify these as either female calyx or seed pods . I didn’t think it has hermied but these look suspicious! They had some stress in veg (heat mainly)
Any ideas really appreciated
Thanks in advance!!
Dbones

This plant has developed these little pods but when I took one off and opened it there was leaf matter/vegetation inside, not a seed.
It’s green crack feminised seeds in coco :
Had a little stress from heat in veg but I’m surprised if she’s hermied
I’ve had one reply to another post saying they’re make parts; I’d really appreciate some second opinions cuz they think I’m right that seeds grow pretty quick and as I said they just had vegetation inside.
Please, anyone have ideas or is it a simple hermie and I should kill it today?
Many thanks in advance!

I’m have a few plants and see a few of these on a couple.. anyone have advice whether I should pull them or ride it out? I opened the pods and it’s green matter/ leaf matter in there (vegetation).. any ideas please?

I have eight plants in fourth week flower:
Five green crack from feminised seed and three clones from Cheese (not sure of origin/strain exactly)
They had some heat stress in veg but environment is ok now.
The clones are going great but I just noticed pods on one plant, and the one next to it.
There are a couple at the back hard to get to but I looked and looked: finally I saw what looks like one very small pod on one branch in the back.
I have heard that feminised seeds can develop hermie traits and not go full herm..? So my quandary is do I vigilantly pull off any pods I see? Or get rid of two maybe three of my plants (which are starting to look great!)
PLEASE, ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME?
Many thanks in advance!!

Remove a potentially hermie plant. Not sure on the viability of its seeds/pollen but I wouldn't take the chance. Can you not post any pictures?

My brother, who is an experienced grower just got a plant in a pack of feminized seeds that was definitely a Hermie. That is from a line of guaranteed genetics..... Don't take the chance if you don't know.

Hi and thanks for your help
Here are pics of first pods I saw: I picked them off and any others I saw
Problem is they are in scrog and a little packed in! And I saw one pod on a plant right at the back! So unless I remove the three, which would be a real drag, I’m thinking I could keep pulling them off and hope like hell theyre not viable. I opened one pod and it had leafy vegetation material inside
Thanks!!!

I'll link @Van Stank, he'll confirm . I'd say your suspicion is correct and good eye to spot those potential seed pods. Id also lose my shit on who sold me the seeds.

Thanks Guy, ..: just one question though -
When you say “my suspicion could be correct” do you mean what I said about pulling the pods off and hoping they’re not viable? I can’t really imagine that pulling the one or two plants will help when there are a few at the back and I may not get every one, but if I have to pull it’s the whole lot!!!
In my place would you go with my gut feeling that I should do my best pulling the bits and hope for best that they are not viable?
Thanks lots!!

I would. Not sure on your plan for the meds (oils, joints etc....), but if you've ever found a seed in your bag, you've smoked Hermie weed. It'll lose a bit of potency, but rather than losing everything....id be down with pulling a few seeds. That being said, if what you're battling there is actually one or two male plants amongst your females...... Then you are playing with disaster.

My bro missed what you have found.....

Give it a bit. I'm not an expert on seed development, but Stank or @Jackalope can advise better than myself as they have both bred for seeds. They are now both linked. Due to different time zones, people rise at different times. They'll be able to help and advise further.

Much appreciated advice and I look forward to any further ideas on this. I’m actually growing for medicinal purposes (I was in hit and run on my motorcycle and both my heels were smashed very badly: so I’m in pretty severe chronic pain and the buds help!) - I really don’t want to lose this crop and can’t see any other way than to do as I suggested and you seem to concur with, ie: keep watch, pull pods, and hope!!!!
Any clues your compadres can help me fill in please do as thatwould be great:
I do have a bit of faith that if I pull and watch, even if I miss one there’s a chance not viable or at worst end up with a few sees here and there. Just fear the full on hermie!!! I had it on second grow pretty full on. Not good!
Cheers!

Humboldt seed company , but I got them from reputable seed bank in UK where I live
Green crack gem seeds
I do know they had heat stress in veg but I fixed the problem and right now in mid flower they are at an almost constant 27/28 degrees Celsius in “daytime” and night time temps are generally down to 20 (this is consistent) and humidity between 20 and 46 rh ... my fourth grow, all self-learned , and I really thought I’d got it right this time!
If I prayed I’d be praying they come through ok as it means a lot (lots of money I don’t have - on disability benefits right now - spent setting up and three grows with small yields because of problems I have sorted now, so I’m Hoping, with capital H!!!

Back
Top Bottom