Pollen collection from cut down male?

onewarmguy

Hey my brother budders, can anybody give me some tips on collecting pollen from a male plant that was cut two days ago. I was pretty annoyed at the time I cut it down so I didn't think I'd have much use for the pollen, but hindsight is 20/20 and I've just read that Canada might be intercepting seed shipments from off shore at the border (We're only supposed to buy government approved seed but what they offer is crap).
I'm thinking if I hang the cutting upside down over a mirror I might be able to collect a decent amount of pollen in a week as it dries. The leaves are pretty wilted but I'm also going to try and put a stem in some water and see if it comes back. Opinions?

Hanging it to dry won’t help but if it’s not totally dead then you can stick some smaller branches in water under 12/12 lighting. If it’s already close to popping, the branches will continue to develop and will shed enough pollen to work with. I’ve done this with a male I threw in the bushes and had second thoughts about a week later. I live in a very wet climate though. Also if the plant still has some life in it then rooting some clones is an easy option. Wilted plants will usually revive in water.

Hanging it to dry won’t help but if it’s not totally dead then you can stick some smaller branches in water under 12/12 lighting. If it’s already close to popping, the branches will continue to develop and will shed enough pollen to work with. I’ve done this with a male I threw in the bushes and had second thoughts about a week later. I live in a very wet climate though. Also if the plant still has some life in it then rooting some clones is an easy option. Wilted plants will usually revive in water.
Exactly what I told him

Back
Top Bottom