Pollen question

im going to pick a bunch of weak looking seeds and germinate them to see if they viable. if the germination rate is good then its a win win. iv got a bunch of other irons in the fire trying to get a winter cycle going good before i can do a journal. i would love to grow some of these out if i had a greenhouse. these did not stop growing. i had to bend em over twice before i ran out of room. lol they are true monsters and will outgrow any indoor setup with very little trouble. they stacked nicely and had big buds but were a touch airy. just too much plant for indoors. outdoors or in a greenhouse would be another story. i got 21 ounces of dried bud off the original mother plant when i finished her. amazing.

i put a hygrometer in a sealer with them to see how dry they were. the hygrometer hasnt moved a bit yet so its the same rh in the jar as it is outside the jar. no moisture showing up yet. so far so good. i know you cant take fresh seeds and expect too much from them...they have to dry. winterization would be even better for long long time storage.

Here's how I store mine...

*** Seed Storage ***

I'm seeing lots of questions in different threads lately on how to store the seeds you aren't going to plant right away.

I keep mine in the fridge, lower shelf and way out back behind other stuff. A darkened and sealed container is best to block the light. An amber glass jar with a screw-on lid would be perfect.

The consistent low temperature and low humidity is very helpful to long term seed storage. Some folks even advocate keeping them in the freezer. I've had no noticeable degradation in germination rates even after 5 years and more.

If you don't keep them in the fridge, but just at ambient room temps, the fluctuating temperatures and humidity levels throughout the year will significantly affect germination rates as time goes on. If you're just keeping them a year or so it might not matter much, but anything more than that and the fridge is your friend.

When I want to plant some I take out just what I need and put the rest back in the fridge as quickly as I can. I want the storage group to have as little time out as possible, and I certainly don't want them warming up to room temperature. The rising temps can also change humidity levels and further degrade the seeds chances of sprouting.

im going to pick a bunch of weak looking seeds and germinate them to see if they viable. if the germination rate is good then its a win win. iv got a bunch of other irons in the fire trying to get a winter cycle going good before i can do a journal. i would love to grow some of these out if i had a greenhouse. these did not stop growing. i had to bend em over twice before i ran out of room. lol they are true monsters and will outgrow any indoor setup with very little trouble. they stacked nicely and had big buds but were a touch airy. just too much plant for indoors. outdoors or in a greenhouse would be another story. i got 21 ounces of dried bud off the original mother plant when i finished her. amazing.
Experince teaches a more rewarding experience is propagating healthy vital cannabis plants, I would discard the inferior seeds.

Experince teaches a more rewarding experience is propagating healthy vital cannabis plants, I would discard the inferior seeds.
I agree. I kept just the dark ones that are mature. I would like to make a sieve to pull all the immature seeds out. Still lots of tiny seeds in there. Lots of huge ones too. I just need to save the biggest any healtiest looking ones

Good Results Kahoona, Thanks for offer of free seeds, I like shopping to much, can spend hours looking at strains and descriptions, I know, get a life, Lol. Also have lots of Autoflower seeds in my fridge, some going on 5 years old, still viable, Its fun to see what turns out from the pollen chucking, I give seeds away with promise to send a picture, going to grow a few males in the tent to get some pollen for the summer grow. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom