Popcorn

you can take a seed from mex brick and grow it into some 50/8th shit....its all just a matter of how much care and love you give your plants
.......I kinda agree, but not all Mexican/Reg/Dirt weed is of a quality strain so it will only be as goods as it's strain allows it to be....A polished turd is still a turd.:smokin:

Yes, if grown properly all mex brick dirt commercial is 5x+ better Quality when you take a seed and grow it out...

Its bricked to get across the border, not to mention, not given any nutes whatsover, improperly cured, not taken care of, and has been pollenated with a shit load of seeds because they grow 1000's of plants within the same field and do not have time to seperate males and females...thus creating the nasty mildewish moldy smell and harsh taste...the plant wastes a huge amount of energy/nutes/light creating seeds when it could be focused on potency and bud development

So if you were to take the "bag seed" it will be multiple times better if you were to grow under good lights, solid feeding schedule, well trimmed and cured, and have it grown with no males around...it would be incredibly better ( 50 8th quality)

so i(along with many many others) have to say you are very wrong

KORRRRNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
mids1.JPG

and I must say that this is my 100th post. I think it is awesome that it is with a picture of my favorite bud I can get, popcorn....I get it for mid prices, but it hits like dro. all hail the hallowed popcorn.
here is my FTW for freetheweed made from corn bud.
ftw.JPG

hey free,

yea, i remember the good ole days when our popcorn(mids) used to look like that,
lots of "main suppliers" here have been taken down within the last couple years here in the mid-west, its still available but at a very undesirable cost

I agree you can take bag weed and grow it to it's full potential ( which as you pointed out probably wasn't to start ) but that potential will only be as good as it's genetics allows and not all bag weed has good genetics.as for a $ 50/8 bag.....I will just smoke it 50/oz and spend my time growing quality seeds.......IMHO.

I couldnt agree with you more about the genetics only alowing a certain potential potency

but it will still be 50 8th quality, it may not be super potent or have a super fruity or dank smell...but the high will be beyond greater than reg/mids....

if cured right it elliminates the moldy nasty harsh smell/taste
if grown with nutes it will be much bigger fatter healthier nugs
if no males around, it will be sensimillia = alot more potent than the bag you took them from
so what do you get? = some nice fat nugs that havent been compressed, have no seeds (compared to the bag you pulled it out of has 1000s), well cured and have a very nice smell and taste....AND THEN WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THAT BUD HUH?

IT SURE THE HELL ISNT MIDS, MIDS STILL HAS ITS FAIR NUMBER OF SEEDS IN IT

Easy big fella.....*passes a blunt*:ganjamon: I have smoked for nearly 35 years and being that I was blessed to be raised in Cali I have always have had access to premium smoke and have only spent $50 on an 8th a handful of times.Now your taste and mine obviously is not the same but I can guarantee you can never grow dirt weed good enough to get me to pay $50/8th for.It just won't happen.Yes you can make it better I do agree but you can not make as good as the killer....If so what would be the point of the F1 strains?Just run out buy some dirt weed and grow it into KGB....:peace:

Where the hell do you think F1s came from

YEARS AND YEARS (BEFORE YOU AND I OR ANYONE WAS ON THIS EARTH) OF LANDRACE STRAINS BREEDING IN THEIR NATURAL HABITAT

ITS ONLY SHITTY REG BECAUSE IT RECEIVES NO CARE AND THEN COMPRESSED TO HIGH HELL...

THE NEXT BIG STRAIN COULD COME FROM MEX/BRICK/REG, JUST LIKE ALL OTHER VERY POTENT STRAINS IT TAKES YEARS OF SELECTIVE BREEDING TO ESTABLISH AN F1

AND TRUST ME, YOU WOULDNT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IF I GREW SOME BAG SEED OR IF I BOUGHT SOME FROM GREENHOUSE CO OR ANY OTHER MAJOR SEED BANK

you know, I think you both have a point.
You can only get what the dna of the seed allows.
however, if you get a bag of mids that is a white widow strain that was either cut early or just compressed and beat to hell, and you grow it in prime conditions, then you have white widow all over again....
( that was just a random example...)

if I'm wrong, then let me know.

flip side. you can't take watered down dna and grow bombud....can't get blood out of a turnip

the next nasty bricked up moldy smelling, harsh tasting, improperly cured, seed invested bag of smoke you see could be white widow...

but if it was grown in sub par conditions and not cured right/compressed/full of seeds it would just appear to be some reg because the trichs/bud/plant arent fully mature and not any where close to their full potential

you would not be able to tell its genetics were of any quality at all

you would not be able to tell the differnce if someone was to grab some quality seeds throw em outside and not give any love to them (no nutes/ little water/ get pollenated/not cured/and then compressed to hell when still moist) than if you were go to lets say a petty "street dealer" and get some reg....

Smoke. I agree. I popped two bag seed couple months ago. One grew nice and bushy, the other grow half as tall and four times as round right off the bat. my dumb ass broke her in half by accident. I was so upset until I realized that I kept ALL the seeds out of that bag. I started collecting seeds about a year ago when I got dank ( here, you have brown and frown, mids, dank, and then good ( dro ). I kept all the dank seeds.

it's all popcorn, but it isn't bricked.

wish there was someway to tell one seed form another.

I too collected seeds from the dank when i used to sale

it wouldnt be quite dro but was far better than any mids
if i had a batch that smoked real good, had distinctive dank/fruity smell/good amount of trichs/ and excellent high but only thing preventing it from being dro/chron/doe/sensi was it was picked slightly before peak ripeness and had a seed here and there

thats all ive ever used to grow was my own collection, ive had top shelf quality genetics also but every time it changes hands someone slaps a different name on it so you can never tell exactly what it is

but the seeds i used i had about 30 diff kinds and all were distinctly different an i have still yet to work with all of them but the ones i have worked with i have madeinto op quality...sometimes selling for 60-65 1/8

popcorn,corn, pop, some fia ass corn this is a type off weed that is better than reggie but not as potent as kush. To me this strain kinda smells like coffee too me for some reason some buds migth have seeds its kinda stemy too . it depends who grows it popcorn can be so good [if grown rigth]. it can be fooled to think its some kush. this is regular weed to me over here in dallas now all i stick to is the kush its been dry on that popcorn!

KORRRRNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
mids1.JPG

Looks a lot like the Afghani Mystery Weed I grew a while back. Didn't know what strain it was. Came from a grab bag of seeds and was one of a handful of females. Never produced very tight buds even though it was grown right along side other strains that did. Same lights, same light cycle, same feeding schedule etc.

Its not always just poor care and feeding that makes Popcorn. Some strains are genetically predisposed to produce light fluffy buds. The stuff below is a great smoke actually! Not super strong, but not wimpy ditch weed either!

P10109581.JPG
P10109592.JPG

Wow, im in my 30s, and just starting out. This is good info. I am lost with the lingo " 50 an 1/8 shit" what does it mean. I bought some corn yesterday, here in DFW, for $10 a gram. Is that too much?

I thought "popcorn" was the stuff growing under the canopy so to speak and in High Times Grow like a pro.. removed as inferior and thus allowing for stronger larger heads? The stems were all "cleaned" of these little buds and the main plant looked all the better for it.

Back
Top Bottom