PopeOfDope's - Indoor - LED/HID Combo - 4x4 Tent - Grow!

PoPeOfDoPe

Hey there 420Mag forums!

I am getting back into growing and this time I wanted to start a journal! I've always loved looking at other grower's trials and triumphs with their runs, always fun. I've had a couple harvests before, I started out hydro and DWC on my first propagation, moved to soil for my second, and this time I will also be using soil.
My main battle with my plants is always climate control. I've decided to go with a 48"x48"x79" tent this time to try and keep the temps stable and in range... We get a lot of mold and fungus here!

I just ordered my stuff online with amazon, so here is the list!

ECO-WORTHY 48"X48"X80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent

600w 12-band LED Grow Light - DUAL VEG/FLOWER FULL SPECTRUM

600W digilux or eye hortilux hps

Lasko 2004W 2-Speed Clip Fan, 6-Inch, White (2)

vented hood (haven't decided yet what hood)

600W Digital Ballast (dimmable)

iPower 6-Inch Inline Fan with Carbon Air Filter and 8-Feet Ducting Combo

soil - roots organic 707.

Homebrew Co2 (yeast sugar and warm water)

organic nutes ( natures miracle, cal mag, chorrizae, compost teas, Iwant to get some serious carbs in with my bloom nutes)

The strains I'm ordering are from crop king seeds
1.) Purple Kush Feminized
Marijuana Seeds Canada - Buy Purple Kush Feminized Seeds

2.) White Cookies Feminized
Marijuana Seeds Canada - Buy White Cookies Feminized Seeds

Delivery times are set for the 9th of this month, all free 2 day shipping from Amazon.

I can't wait :) I am going to be doing 3 or 4 plants at a time, as well as setting up a veg tent at my house, this grow is for my friend, I am teaching him the ropes.
The dispensaries are going to be taxed here on the 1st so we want to get this started now, its pretty cold outside so we are setting it up in the corner of his room.

stay tuned!!!!!

:Namaste:

FINALLY!!!

I put up the tent..... and hot boxed it.... :volcano-smiley:
The fan generates a lot of negative pressure, cleared the smoke very fast. I have it set up to a speed controller so I can adjust to accommodate temperatures.

IMG_20151111_234641681_zpsjcghhbpx.jpg

My dog Sonny.:circle-of-love:
IMG_20151111_234743157_zpsj7rvcvff.jpg

IMG_20151111_234825855_zpsz5mkd9jr.jpg

IMG_20151111_234936467_zpszwqkdnvu.jpg

Still waiting on the LED and seeds to come in, but I'm going out tomorrow to get soil, pots and nutrients as well as my timers.
I'm going to mix it and let set for 5 days to a week to let it come alive before potting.

Updates tomorrow

That venting setup is interesting to say the least. That fan would prefer to pull the air versus pushing it. Any reason you don't vent out the other side closer to the window?

Right but you could switch the side of the tent that the exhaust hose exits and take 5 feet of length off your hose exiting the window at the exact same place man. Let you run the fan at a lower speed and save some pennies on the electric bill.

Nice. One thing I would try is attaching the carbon filter directly to the fan. Not sure if you need a flange or what, but I think you can find it at your local big box home improvement store. Might allow you to run out that right side port closer to the window. You going air cooled HID hood or no? Because that's going to change your venting. With a 600 watt I would suggest air cooled as you will want to run it 100% in that tent with 3 or 4 good sized plants. If you are wanting to use the entire tent space to grow a good reflector would be a wise investment, help spread that light around.

I had thought the same thing. 'whys he running allll that duct from one side over to the window.'
Then i had thought 'maybe the tent doesnt have port holes on the other side?'
To which i questioned 'why not put the tent in the other corner of the room, turned 180degrees. Vent holes would then be at the window.?'

Maybe thats sonnys bed..

He could turn it 90 degrees but then the TV would be in the way of the door. Can't turn it 180 because that puts the door against a wall. It has a weird port setup. It has a port on the right side in the middle. If we turn the fan and filter and run it along the back wall of the tent then it can exit on the right port near the window. But if he is going air cooled then it doesn't matter since we will need to redo the venting.

I get excited about grow tent setup.

Once your cooltube comes in you will have to redo your ducting inside the tent so I wouldn't worry about it too much. That tent is the SJ or you have another tent coming?

Back
Top Bottom