Powder mildew with two weeks till harvest!

AJFergie22

I have 11 white widow and they are ready to harvest in two weeks time, but the pm seems to come back no matter how much my room is aired out.
Do you think it is safe, flavor wise, to spray with a milk mixture during the lastt two weeks?? Or will that also effect the taste??
Any ideas or suggestions???

Re: Powder mildew with two weeks till harvest!!!

Powdery Mildew is very hard to get rid of once established but can be controlled if not completely eradicated.For your current situation you can try a mixture of Neem Oil and warm water at a rate of 1tsp of Oil per quart. Using warm water will allow the oil to mix better and thin out to allow a smooth spray from nozzle head. In addition to the Neem, add a tsp of dish soap which will serve as a wetting agent for coverage upon the foliage. Be sure to shake well. Two weeks is a bit close to administer first aid to your babies but rather than just watch the mildew destroy your crop, I would try this. Neem Oil is less likely than other remedies to harm your bud or leave a residue that will be noticable when smoked. This formula will also work when used by applying directly to the medium. It will then be taken in by the plants roots and sent through the extensive capillary system running throughout the entire plant to be unleashed upon the enemy when transpiration takes place through the stomata that dot the foliage. Stomata are like the blow holes on a whales back and are how the plants breath and sweat excess moisture. They are more prominent on the undersides of the leaves but are on the leaf tops as well. However, since time is of the essence and since the mildew can also be found on the stem and even the medium top layer,spraying would be the best option but do it a.s.a.p! Use the entire amount of mix as Neem Oil tends to break down after seven or more hours. You can still use it but it will be less effective, hope this helps...
Malcolm...:smokin:

what is a water cure???
the neem i heard changes the flavor. I took a sample from one of my plants and it smelt of the nut in the neem and had an odd flavor

Re: Powder mildew with two weeks till harvest!!!

Water cure. It'll compact the bud and give you a milder taste, but saved my whole crop.

Hey dadums would this also get rid of the pm in the center of the buds ive been reading that it gets in there too ........ kinda new to this pm problem too

Back
Top Bottom