Powdery mildew in flower

cwa951

I am 4 weeks into flower, with 2 strains having powdery mildew. I have done 1 foyer spray with 25% raw goats milk and 75% water. After first application I see improvement. I am wonder when I can do second application, and 3rd application. Wonder about altering the taste of the fruit with the goats milk hitting the buds ??
Thanks for your help:thanks:

I'm spraying with H2O2 @ 3% to help control powder mold right now as well. Seems to be working but I too am concerned about flavor and such. I probably will switch to a 50/50 mix of 2% milk once my buds get a little bigger just to be organic. I also plan on rinsing them off by spraying them down with plain water before I harvest.

Am I doing this right? Anything else I should/could be doing? My temps are all over the place right now. 40's in the dark, mid 70's lights on. RH ranges from 37 to 60% from cold to hot.

i have PM in my bloom room its only showing on a few plants in my first two batches so i sprayed PM wash by "that stuff" but i continued to see it pop up just a few spots here and there so i treated with some organacide but i saw it pop up again just a couple spots tho nothing out of control so i proceeded to use a solution of organic skim milk and r/o water at a 10:1 ratio last night im hoping this helps as I am in my fifth week of flower with nice big buds that i dont want ruin by treating the mold. From what i understand PM is a real bitch and once you have it all u can do is control it so here i am trying to control it hoping for the best. I am running a closed loop system but with plenty of air circulation just no air exchange :( my rh stays between 36%-50% and my temps 70 at night and 75 degrees F in the day.

This is a great product!

I speak from experience on PM. It's all about prevention. First step is humidity. During flower RH should be around 40%, and temps should stay almost the same with lights on or lights off. Around 74 or so. This is SO important during flower. RH around 40% AND no more than a 5 degree temp drop when lights go off. Next is air exchange, exhaust your space 24 hrs a day.

With those prevention steps taken, use Sierra Natural Science 244 Fungicide as directed to win the battle of PM. Get The Best Natural Fungicide - 244C Natural Fungal Control RTU

I have used milk spray at the end of harvest with great success. I had mild PM at week 7. If you us milk, USE NON FAT...9 parts distilled water to 1 part NON FAT milk. The mix kills the PM. Use distilled water spray to rinse what you had sprayed. After spraying anything on flowering plants, run a fan on them until they dry.

Remember when you see PM on your leaves it is too late to get rid of. You can only control it. It gets into the cells of the plant at first. The white powder you see on the leaves is the spores ready to fly away and spread their love.

It's all about prevention! :peace:

There is also a product call PM Wash which is frequency-ed water which will leave no residue or odor on your flowers. I have had to use it once in late flower and it did the job. I inspected the bud after it was trimmed and cured under a 100x digital scope and saw no traces of spores and no damage to trichromes. When I smoked the bud it was clean burning and no bad flavor or harshness. I truly hope that I never have to deal with that again though. I did a thorough cleaning and released two TR fungal bombs before I introduced new ladies to my grow site and have had no issues since. Colorado sucks for pm it is everywhere outside and comes in through ventilation so I had to put Hepa and Micron filters on all of my fresh air intakes.
:peace:

Another thing you may want to look at is the positioning of your circulating fans. One of the reasons for PM is dead space in your room. What do I mean by dead space? a place in your room where the air is sitting still and not circulating. Do a soil drench first. then spray your plants with the milk formula. Then think about your fans. and this is only IMHO 40% humidity for trying to get rid of PM is to high. It thrives with that type of humidity. get it down to 16-20%. I purposly keep my humidities low as part of my preventative maintenance regimine. Plus the positioning of the fans make a huge difference. :goodluck: :peacetwo:

You need to improve air circulation to the plants with the oscillating fan down low and by trimming your leafs. After you do that, buy a small bottle of 100% pure Neem Oil. You can find it at some pet store, little Indian specialty markets, your local grow shop and maybe at your local hardware store.

It costs about 8 to 12 bux for a 4oz jar and goes a long way. Also pick up a good foiler sprayer. Something that pumps up and hold a little over a quart.

1 1/2 teaspoons neem plus 1/2 teaspoon mild dish soap per quart of water.

I trimmed then sprayed the shit out of my plants and turned the fan up a notch for the day. The rest of the solution got poured in to the soil. It cleared the PM right away. A good spraying lasts about 2 to 4 weeks and all the smell goes away in a few days.

I hope this helps.

The dreaded PM. Sorry for your troubles bro.
I too have fought PM many times, and as Yard Dog stated, it's all about prevention.
I have went thru too many products, and most only control, but do not eradicate.
Burning Sulfer used to be a "ok" option, but since sulpher is on the terrorist watch list, it is rather hard to come by nowadays.
So I turned to professional Orange Farmers for the solution. They use a product called Eagle 20.
It is the end all of PM.
Now, I would ONLY use this up to week 1 of 12/12, perferably during Veg.
I also use it in conjuction with Dutch Masters Saturator, asa sticker. You must use any folier spray with a "sticker", such as Saturator.

I havn't had any pm issues in a long time. For those worried about it "staying" with the plant....don't worry. As long as you use it during Veg and only 1 week into 12/12, it will dissapate from the plant in about 30-40 days.
I have my finished product tested at a couple of labs in Cali, and it never shows up...ever.

Back
Top Bottom