Problem with OG Kush Auto: light burn?

Jay Bird

So I recently just put a mars hydro 150watt at beginning of this grow which is currently 14 inches away-

thought it was a potassium def as older leaves were browning at the edges so I upped the bites over a week and yellowing at the tops seems to have not changed- also some of the tips on the tops look like they have Nute burn and yellow tips but only on a few branches

any advice is welcome

thanks guys

Attachments

• B125075A-240B-4A89-B10D-7E581541C413.jpeg
    B125075A-240B-4A89-B10D-7E581541C413.jpeg
    982.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 88872AA2-B62D-4B10-BE2F-1E4A4BF0802E.jpeg
    88872AA2-B62D-4B10-BE2F-1E4A4BF0802E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Here’s two pics from about a week ago

Attachments

• F8FB37C2-0D35-4F62-81C7-2C059BE9E63B.jpeg
    F8FB37C2-0D35-4F62-81C7-2C059BE9E63B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 44765FC8-2F0A-4702-BD2A-A4B2D727DAE8.jpeg
    44765FC8-2F0A-4702-BD2A-A4B2D727DAE8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
you would ned to add a load more info, and pics of pots and plants , my guess right away is the pots running out of room for roots ,
what ph do you feed how do you feed
soil, coco ?
nute line up
watering etc etc etc :)
Hey man thanks for the reply and sorry about the lack of info as I was doing this post on the fly.

so it’s a soil grow - with a light mix substrate that had been buffered for PH - so I am not currently phing my water.

On my first grow I did the same and didn’t ph the water - had a few minor problems but pulled 6 off an auto, so I though I would try another run without a ph meter - which probably now wasn’t a good idea!

it’s In 25 litres of soil so just over 5gal In a fabric pot

it is in a small space 1.6 x 1.6

150 watt led mars hydro

seed is og kush auto from seed stockers

The bites I am using are plant magic old timers bloom which is organic

a cal mag supplement which is not organic

and terminator

current feed today is 4ml/per litre of bloom which is 80 percent strength on this nute line up
1.2 ml of cal mag per ml/

And 6ml of terminator per ml/per litre
Everything was going awesome until I hit flowering :(

I kept using grow Nutes until about week 2 of flower then switched to bloom with a .5 ml of grow before I completely switched to bloom

I though an auto in a 5gal would be sufficient

Needs watering about every four days I let the pot get quite dry

Hey man thanks for the reply and sorry about the lack of info as I was doing this post on the fly.

so it’s a soil grow - with a light mix substrate that had been buffered for PH - so I am not currently phing my water.

On my first grow I did the same and didn’t ph the water - had a few minor problems but pulled 6 off an auto, so I though I would try another run without a ph meter - which probably now wasn’t a good idea!

it’s In 25 litres of soil so just over 5gal In a fabric pot

it is in a small space 1.6 x 1.6

150 watt led mars hydro

seed is og kush auto from seed stockers

The bites I am using are plant magic old timers bloom which is organic

a cal mag supplement which is not organic

and terminator

current feed today is 4ml/per litre of bloom which is 80 percent strength on this nute line up
1.2 ml of cal mag per ml/

And 6ml of terminator per ml/per litre
Everything was going awesome until I hit flowering :(

I kept using grow Nutes until about week 2 of flower then switched to bloom with a .5 ml of grow before I completely switched to bloom

I though an auto in a 5gal would be sufficient

Needs watering about every four days I let the pot get quite dry
Terpinator ”””

Wet dry cycle is for veg, in flower keep soil moist
Okay thanks il try that - I just found some info saying a similar thing so I will give it a try - I basically weigh the pot before I start the grow as the soil I use has a touch of moisture . So when the pot weighs the same I water so I feel I do have a slight but of moisture definitely at the very bottom of the pot

An auto in 5 gallon fabric is perfect, its what i use , are you making sure you add the calmag first ?
I sort of thought she was fed a bit of grow , she is a bush lol , that was a lot of energy for her to make all them leaves , its stalling out , i wonder if your ph water would spark it back up and get things moving , you want 6.45 ph going in to hit it perfect and get things moving along , she should bounce back , if its cleared she will respond , if its cleared and there is no nutes available she will fade more that's not a biggy just add a little pk next watering ,

Yeah she is a right bush some really long colas on her. Been defoliate day the beginning of flower to help with airflow and humidity. I’m going to get a soil ph meter and go from there . Really wish I did not up the nutes today. Since this first started she has packed on width and density but would really like her to flourish. And no I have been adding the cal mag last and really mixing the wAter is this a problem? Also I read that if using to much cal mag could lock out the potassium.

also the leaves underneath the canopy was being cannibalised so that made me think she was hungry and my friend said that og kush loves her food. I’m one of them people if it’s not perfect I hate it!

goibg to get a soil ph meter and go from their had my intuition is telling me ph has gone to alkaline

An auto in 5 gallon fabric is perfect, its what i use , are you making sure you add the calmag first ?
I sort of thought she was fed a bit of grow , she is a bush lol , that was a lot of energy for her to make all them leaves , its stalling out , i wonder if your ph water would spark it back up and get things moving , you want 6.45 ph going in to hit it perfect and get things moving along , she should bounce back , if its cleared she will respond , if its cleared and there is no nutes available she will fade more that's not a biggy just add a little pk next watering ,
The shop down the road does bottled water at a ph of 6.4 you reckon it would be worth putting a couple of bottles of that through? Or would a ph meter be more useful I’m thinking

The shop down the road does bottled water at a ph of 6.4 you reckon it would be worth putting a couple of bottles of that through? Or would a ph meter be more useful I’m thinking
Thank for your help by the way dude appreciate it - could it be too much light also causing this?

the calmag must be added first with some nute as it binds them up then they are not available to the plant , add the cal/mag stir wait 15 mins , add the rest stir ph wait 15 mins ph again before going in , or just buck it in and hope the soil does its buffering job :hmmmm:, i don't trust them i try to ph every time , the plants need a nudge ( that's my way ) Ive had one in a pot for over 5 months and ph every time and she's fine I've three weeks to go , if i was guessing the soil was working and buffering i think i would have failed , bagged soil goes off quick and runs out of nutes quick.
If you have a ppm meter you can check your tap water see if its hard of soft , might have enough secondary and micro nutes in it , if it reads over 250 i think

get some Full pics up as knowing where the defs and damaged leaves is helps , it tells the story

Also you want a ph pen not one of them soil probes :thumb:

Attachments

• images (7).jpg
    images (7).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom