Proud user of LED UFO

I've been looking at reviews, and posts on a few different sites looking for peoples' opinions of them.

From what I've found, the 90w UFO is pretty decent. I really love the idea of how LED's produce the light frequencies that our plants love, without wasting all that power on the yellows and greens.

I've had a UFO in my shopping basket a few different times online but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm personally waiting for lights with higher wattage LED's (each, not overall) to come down in price. Anywhere from a 3w to 15w's. But great to hear the UFO is working out well for you!

Are you using the UFO by itself, or mixing it with CFL's or other lighting?

just the ufo's, got two of them hovering over the babies there also nice because of how little heat they give off never have to worry bout the temp at all, you should really invest iv been very pleased :smokin:

Love the UFOs. I also have 2 although I think 1 would have been plenty for my small grow. Prices seem to be all over the place. I got mine for about $175 each. Seen prices all the way up to about $550!

I have a 90w UFO and I was impressed with it during Veg but not so much for flowering. I got a red blue orange light UFO I still think it was worth the $125 I paid for it though.

how many plants you think one 90w LED UFO could manage (properly)??:ganjamon::ganjamon:

I had 1 Tri band for 8 plants in a tent and they grew great, but I had to add some 2700k floros during flower. I added about 6 100w 2700k Floros and got about 2 1/2 ounce per plant. I was very pleased with the outcome.:yahoo: :lot-o-toke:

I am happy with my LED's. I have 2 90 watt LED lights. They work fantastic for vegging.

They are not good for flowering though.

What color(s) bulbs do you have?

I copied and pasted the product description for my LED's below. My LED's really do work great for vegging. The are not good at all for flowering.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Each light contains 90 x 1 watt LEDs, 7:blushsmile:1 red/blue/orange ratio[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Precision red LEDs (flowering)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Precision blue LEDs (vegetation)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Precision orange LED's (mid-spectrum[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]True optimized spectrum with tight-tolerance LEDs[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Unrivaled chlorophyll/carotenes/xanthophylls absorption[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Uses wide-angle (120°) LEDs for max coverage & output[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Extremely efficient, integral reflector[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Dazzling, powerful light[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]No infrared rays or ultraviolet radiation to stunt plants [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]LEDs emit light without using filaments; light runs cool[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Built-in, ballast-free, power supply[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]10-years or more life-expectancy with minimum decay[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Three low-noise fans [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Operates on 120 volts; standard 3-prong cord included[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Built-in lugs for easy mounting & hanging [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]CE & ROHS compliant[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Brand new in original box[/FONT]

Lassus,

For some reason a smiley face corrupted the most important part of the info I copied and pasted...

The correct light ratio for my LED's are...

Each light contains 90 x 1 watt LEDs, 7:blushsmile:1 red/blue/orange ratio

Again. Sorry!

I will write out.

My light is 7 parts red 1 part blue and 1 part orange.

For some reason when I type the colon sign and send the colon turns into a smiley face when the statement posts!!!

Got 2 90w ufo's and 2 120w panels in the 7.1.1 ratio.
Veg is great, flower is kinda poor, smaller buds, less weight and adds 15 days to the end of the cycle, but less heat equals less problems.

I use em' in the summer months, but in the winter, you cant beat the HID's.

I use two 90w Triband (R/B/W) ufo's and one 120w Quadband (R/B/O/W) panel, no problems with flowering on my end, easily comparable to my 250w HID but with more coverage and roughly 5-8 degrees lower temps. Plenty of pics in my thread in my signature.

I am not saying the LED's do not flower.

My journal I have LED's that are flowering right now.

All I am saying is...if you want bigger flowers. HID is the way to go.

Well I was gonna post a pic of a NL clone and WW from seed that is 15 days old under 240 watts of LED's but cant figure how to do it right now.:grinjoint:

3 grows ago I bought my first LED- a UFO 90. Considering that two times a power supply blew. I was glad I paid more and bought from a US company, who replaced it both times, and upgraded to better power supplies.

Turns out many of the Asian mfgs use cheqp power supplies and probably leds too. I have seen Utube videos where light meters showed the chinese LEDs were way under the watts they claimed. So buyer beware.

Supplementing with CFLS I got 1 g/w on my last grow. :morenutes:

I have tried to learn as much as possible from DIY LED blogs. Many of them preferred 3 watt LEDs. These are now commercially available at prices better than the 1 watt offerings.

So far I like what Advanced LED is offering. Their 180 is said to have 11 different light spectrums covered. Is that necessary? Dunno, but I think plants need more than just one range of R/B/O to produce the best plants.:Rasta:

ph0tonz is right to a point. New UFOs are 120 even 180, some are now 3 watt, where all were 1 watt. Some now have multi spectrum leds where it used to be <4.

So maybe a 3 watt 7-11 band UFO 90-180 will grow some really nice plants with tight, phat nuggz. Awesome for the stealth closet growers. Plus you can buy in relatively cheap, then add a second one later on.

My personal experience with a UFO 90 (1 watts- 4 total bands of r/b) is that the buds are too airy- not enough trichome production. By adding some cheap CFL watts I improved on that considerably. These days you can buy a 300 watt equivalent CFL at Lowes/HD, etc for <$15! For personal use growers the small investment pays for itself after the second grow.

You may want to check out my journal, using HP Aeroponics.

An important thing about the 1w diode UFOs (all LEDs really, but primarily UFO's due to their small size) in addition to spectrum and wattage is the lens angle they use.

120º - Wide foot print, but poor penetration beyond the canopy. Might cover 3' x 3' or 4' x 4', but only for veg. These are the most commonly used.

90º - Seems to be the happy point for me, Good coverage, light intense enough to get down a few inches into the canopy. 1.5' x 1.5' - 2' x 2'.

60º - Very narrow focus (maybe 1.5' x 1.5') but great depth penetration below the canopy.

Totally new to all of this, but having a blast!
I've got 320W in 3 different multi-spectrum, IR/UV LED lamps + an additional 138W of CFLs for the outer edges in a 3' x 2" x 5" tent. The plants are small, LST'd short, but the buds are rock hard and maturing fast.

Back
Top Bottom