Pruning autos?

bebecillo

I know autos shouldnt be pruned do to their short lifespan, but some fan leaves are blocking light to the newest buds and don't know what to prioritize due to conflicting information.

420-magazine-mobile524944410.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1787813604.jpg

More info about my setup can be found on my signature link. Thanks in advance!

I know autos shouldnt be pruned do to their short lifespan, but some fan leaves are blocking light to the newest buds and don't know what to prioritize due to conflicting information.

There are no absolute do's and donts. By all means read all the info you can, but let your plant guide you as well.

My auto get super bushy and needed to be defoliated 4 or 5 times. Here's a link to that part of the log if you're interested:
Scientific's Hydro Dwarf Low Flyer 24/7 Illumination Fireplace Grow Journal - 2017

But what does that have to do with defoliating?
Moon cycle goes like this: general/fruit growing -> leaf growing -> root growing -> resting period. Pruning or doing adjustments on the resting period won't shock your plants like pruning on other days, since the plant is all up for healing instead of deciding between healing and growing.

So far my experience has been great using this method, since i know which week will i have growth or when will my plant use more or less water

Back
Top Bottom